What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the likelihood of being mugged in the weed business?

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
dispensary and dispensary owners are just sitting targets happens all the time in so cal a lot are squares trying to cash in have no street sense so that's candy from a baby no security no cameras no security buzz gates sometimes I trip out when I go in these places like that the other day an Asian lady and her one female helper/budtender in east LA had a spot like that, I almost wanted to tell her something but not for me to say right? ...sometimes when they get hit just doesn't always make the news .... a grower getting robbed you're sloppy or being too high profile i''ve never been robbed I know I could be luckily for me I look like the kind of guy you wouldn't want to rob though and I keep a distance from the kind of grimey cats that would rob a guy like me so that helps. You know the Omar from the wire types... They're out there/Here. I think not having a partner helps to avoid a lot of that nonsense You'd be surprised how many partners have a part in robbery/busts.

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
Just saw this one after all this time, lol..
Guess u don't know what it's like to b shot, or live in a shitty area with a bunch of idiots running around cracked out...
So if what I said, means I'm a punk ads bitch,, then u my friend ,, can suck my chiappa :)

Everytime I think of going back to visit my family in southfield,hamtramck,detroit I see a post like this and I think better of it wild out there but truth be told always has been I remember when I was a kid growing up guys getting shot on the boat ride to boblo island. Acrid they still have that Big yellow slide that kids can take burlap sacks down?think it was belle isle? been 22 years or so memory isn't what it was used to love that really need to go back.

mowood3479

Veteran
I've known more than a few people who've made their "living" robbing drug dealers... It doesn't happen as much with the herb scene but it DOES happen.... Anytime there is lots of cash and or drugs involved it pays to keep in mind there are lots of people willing and ready to use violence to separate u from the drugs and or $...
Im getting déjà vu though, I probably already wrote this same reply in this thread.
Just saying... There are a lot of good people in this work and a lot of grimy people as well.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
There are tons of opportunists out there in the DTW Metro. NO ONE knows where I live and work, except 1 childhood friend, and my parents.

Patients, GF;s, envious others, the Mailman, and just about everyone is programmed to snitch. I lived and grew in a house for over 19 months, and when I moved out I found out that a fat ass old neighbor had been keeping track of my EVERY movement and reporting it to the popos. After gossipping with the Mail Lady, who prob smelled the buds growing.

Never a visit by the cops - is what I told em when I moved out. I was here, they could have come to talk anytime,
No wonder the old fool was unable to meet my gaze for months before I left. It's all I can do to NOT go back there and punch the Fucker. I felt his eyes on Me the whole time somehow.

MI has its; fair share of snitches, and approaches Florida North in its' level of drama.

This topic really makes me mad their is no honor amongst thieves , I was robbed 6 times in the 70 s and 80s then I took revenge and payed a real high price . Legalize pot and crime will stop , no way Jose , the price is higher than saffron per oz. in Colorado and medical in Cali is just like legal ,look at prices , no wonder they busted two big patches of weed growing n corn patches in Glenn County yesterday , and mopes with guns will still be out there and gorilla growers like I was will still be growing on government land blah blah blah

SpaceJunkOG

Go gluten free, watch your adrenalin response lessen by 50-75%. Thus allowing for a clearer mind, unclouded by unnecessary shoulds and should nots. Inner Dialogue. People can sense this and will look for another victim that is easier pickings.

Going gluten free to reduce stress response. Most unique tip i've seen in this thread so far. and not a bad one. it does seem to reduce negative fight-or-flight response.

I've always been a personal grower. I've been robbed at gunpoint by close friends and robbed on the street by strangers, both in connection with this industry.

Getting robbed is going to happen. Getting arrested is going to happen. Getting beaten, shot, or stabbed along with it is also most likely to happen. There are no good ways around it besides staying out of the industry. Like momma always said, if you play in the dirt you get dirty.

If you're paranoid as FUCK then you can usually do what you do for a lot longer than the people who are careless. With a few exceptions, of course. One of my friends from a past life had sold everything since he moved out at 13 and was touched by Lady Luck, I swear. He'd stand out front of the local gas station hollering "GETCHER SCHOOMS HERE!" And didn't get caught. Least, not till he shot up a bunch of H and attacked a random stranger with a shovel... Like I said, past life...
that's just not true

gotnoname

I RATHER LOOSE PRODUCT OVER FREEDOOM, WHO CARES IF YOU LOOSE A CROP AS LONG AS LONG AS U CAN GROW ANOTHER LATER, ANYWAY IF YOU DEFEND YOUR SHIT YOULL HAVE TO PAY LAWYER FEES OR DO SOME TIME SO ITS LOOSE LOOSE...

almost didn't click on the thread because it sounded so ridiculous. I've seen it on the main forum menu the past few times I've gone on the computer and passed it up but i was bored and decided to… glad i did! this is some funny ass shit

B

bonecarver_OG

as a 20 year old a few decades ago when i dedicated myself to the art of selling nugs, i only got ripped off once, receiving a BRICK instead of 2 pounds of premium nugs :( but we sorted that out the old fashion way hehe.... ;)

idiit

Veteran
I had a younger guy who lived in a tough hood area slinging small amounts of my stuff. I knew he would be robbed if he didn't exert a lot of discretion. he's got three kids and deals outa da house. I met him thru his wife. I made it clear that i'm an adult and as an adult I take responsibility for under age children. I look out for all kids. I look out for his wife.

he was letting anyone and everyone come in and purchase despite his word that he'd only deal with his close circle of friends.

I cut him off. if grows up and acts responsible I will continue biz wid him.

it ain't just about me and my personal security.

anyone who thinks they can let strangers into their home, especially drug related is a total fool and will get robbed ( best case scenario ).

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Best is to simply never talk about it, except where one is completely safe to do so. Always watch who is near when you pull up to the house. Don;t smoke pot outside, unless well hidden on the property, with a nice stiff wind. No wild parties. No loud or obnoxious dogs. No broken down autos. No loud music. Never brag..! Not only does it give you away as a grower, but also as a Douchebag. People will getcha sooner that way. Watch out for trimmers. If they were better, they'd grow too.

It's a solitary life, but no a holes telling me what to do, fingers always crossed.

Probably move back to the West Coast one day. I simply find people so dry and boring here, working their lives away and hating anyone who seems happy.
Too much drama, too much TV, and crime shows. Too much FOX NEWS. Faulty programming, poor nutrition, narrow mindedness, judgemental thinking, and lack of good education. Crime and guns are more important than enjoying life, people seem to love wallowing in the suffering of others. So afraid it might happen to them, their lives are immobilized.

Instead of turning into a Midwesterner Anger Machine, better to simply hit the Ocean. Guess I'll never be able to live too far from it after 25 years.

Pretty sure - even with my safeguards, Legal trouble is always lurking here. Neighbors are basically AHoles. Filled with fear and anger when they hear that I lived in CA., as if it is a comment on their lack of 'a life.' I did not imply that. THEY DO. It's called insecurity, due to lack of life experiences. I now do NOT mention all the places I have been, not ONE of them.

I did not feel that way in NorCal, peeps were not as hateful. But they were Fair Weather Friends at best. That's CA.. Even though the Sheriffs knew who grew, and all the neighbors were the same as here. Except for the ones who were also involved in the cannabis trade. Most were fearful family people, against the pot culture of NorCal, Dutifully informing the local constabulary every iota of info they could glean by watching intently.

It hasn't been easy anywhere. No visits from The Man, though. After 11 years. Knock on veneer.

It may be time soon to transition to a 'legal' job in the industry. Tired of living solitary confinement due to peoples' envy or anger and its' results.

Last edited:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I RATHER LOOSE PRODUCT OVER FREEDOOM, WHO CARES IF YOU LOOSE A CROP AS LONG AS LONG AS U CAN GROW ANOTHER LATER, ANYWAY IF YOU DEFEND YOUR SHIT YOULL HAVE TO PAY LAWYER FEES OR DO SOME TIME SO ITS LOOSE LOOSE...
you would become a target...if you allow one to get away with it expect a repeat scenario...I will never give up anything ..its the principle of it not the money value..i will kill someone if needed,i will do my time...don't tread on me...
yeehaw... but I am rather crazy and violence is always an option...

waveguide

Veteran
Weed is not a simple business to be in. Its VERY complex. If you don't get mugged by some low life, you will get exploited by banker or investor.

If not, the bugs will kill your crop. Or someone like me, with a BIG ego and BIG results will run put you out of business because eating noobs and goofs satisfies my ego more than the cannabis cups under my belt.

so what's it like having a soul built out of people you've shit on?

Latest posts

Latest posts