What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the likelihood of being mugged in the weed business?

Just be smart about who you deal with. Vending to dispensarys your chances of being robbed are pretty damn low. Have heard of startups running off with supply. The cops intercepting it along the way is a much higher risk. Depends on how much/what county/what cop obviously. Yes there are rippers actively scamming people with guns and fake bills but I have yet to meet them personally. I would imagine alarm bells would be going off if I did though. Not everyone is so lucky you do hear about things happening from time to time. Myself, I wouldn't do business with someone even if I get the slightest hint something is off. Lots of these people are simply harmless stoners.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Is it me or am i the only one who laughs every time they read the title of this thread?

:laughing::laughing:

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Not sure if this counts but i had a reasonably close call to a mugging. Last night i was leaving the hardware store with a bag of blood & bone when some "brutha's" (see earlier in thread for the brutha's entrance) leered at me and changed their direction as they came in my vicinity. Fearing for the safety of my 2kg $9.95 bag of B&B, i broke into a sprint just 20metres from my car. The brutha's were not expecting this move and were quite taken aback by my unorthodox play.

Needless to say i definitely escaped a close mugging call there

stay safe peeps
darth

^^^Lmfao. This is classic comedy. So basically you walked out of home Depot, saw two "bruthas" approaching you, then started sprinting to your car holding 2 bags of blood/bone meal?! LMAO!!!
I laughed so hard at this that tears came to my eyes:D:D:D

OP

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
I think the likelyhood of someone getting robbed in the cannabis world are directly proportional to how likely they are to ask that question. lol

bluntmassa

All depends who you are some people are more intimidating than others also dogs will help if your a little guy nobody would rob my house you got a better chance successfully robbing a bank. Lol, Also I would not fuck with a little guy walking his 200 lb Caucasian Ovcharka even if he had 5 pounds. Unless maybe I was really hard up then I would shoot the dog and take it but even still I can make that money without a gun charge and if I where really that hard up I'd have probably sold my guns. Lol

So yeah a big fucking dog will help a great deal for intimidation after all pizza delivery guys get robbed all the time of course weed is a bonus for them people. I never been robbed but I don't tell every douche bag my business never let no one know how much money you hold cause jealousy and envy can turn your best friends on you and if you ain't hard you're a easy target.

Can't really trust anyone I trust my wife and dogs that's it.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Every house I ever grew in, whether country NorCal or Smallish City here, the authorities were notified by multiple neighbors. I was very discreet outside of the country. Where people could see what I carried in (all substrates in Black plastic bags, preferably in a garage - or at night quietly. STILL< The PoPo's were aware. Fact. Not conjecture.

I couldn;t really hide too well, a 43 foot long permanent Greenie, though. That was a tough two years, but that was MY PRICE for today. I fought like a tiger against a terrible adversary, unfriendly neighbors (except for the old bikers that I actually shared a border and driveway with - they were great), a disgracefully dramatic GF, and seemingly won, and yet I am not in Norcal anymore. So - trade off. At least people understand me and ethics/respect a little more here. Nothing personal, it's kinda boring too. And the surfing, while Unsalted, largely sucks. haha.

Yet, other than the first day I moved into one particular house in MDO County which led to a perfunctory gesture in some places, the Sheriff acted lost and pulled in as I was setting up the garage Growroom. D'OH..>!!!! I told Him "all the addresses (like 3) on the dirt road were clearly marked."

NO VISITS. Knock on veneer, cause I am sure it is not different here, at this place of 7 months residence on 2 acres. Not far enough from prying eyes, my out building is not shielded by fencing. I will move to a different place, as I have been trying for 2 years now, to get farther from light pollution nearer to the Aurora Borealis, and be in more trees.

Never Give Up, learn to shoot, learn tactics too and Restraint - stay fit - and Be a Good neighbor, but not TOO friendly. -- Triple D taffy bubble 73m ------ triple D flowers ---> <---- Crown bud structure of one plant

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Give me the cash first. I'll be right back with the stuff...

This just happened to me.

I was out food shopping and a random dude walk up and asks for a light. I let him know I didnt have one and he asked me if I smoked bud.

"Yeah".

He says, "Well you should f with me then."

I asked if he was holding. He said yes "sour and purp".

"Well let me get an 1/8".

I was on my way to get a cup of coffee from DD and had my shopping bags in my hands. He offered to hold my bags while I went to get my coffee. I let him know that was not needed.

At this point I started to get "that feeling".

We walked to the atm, I took out some money and we walked to his apartment building. Twice during the walk he asked me to get the money ready. He kept asking me questions about where I was from, if I had family in the neighborhood and what I did for a living. Spidey senses tingling.

We get to the apartment building and he directs me to wait on the side of the building, walks off, but doubles back like "Oh,you forgot to give me the money". I told him to go upstairs get the weed and Ill pay. He said thats not how they do it around there and that I had to give him at least half before he went for it.

I let him know thats not how I do it and walked off. He calls me back like "Get a dutch and Ill smoke with you".

"Im good bruh" was my reply.

Smh

kanzzzz

Theres always a possibility of something happening in a cash business , esp if illegal and highly profitable.

All about the money and the people you are dealing and how you carry yourself really imo.

You don't grow it, you get it off various people, you don't have a regular supplier.

This is all you have, you don't have any more.

First time you met them and they want a pound; you don't have a pound, you just buy an oz here and there.
Make them show their true colours by buying a 1/4 at a time for a while, then a half, then an oz, and make them buy an oz or two or three for a while, and by then anything dodgy about them should have shown up. Eg, bringing strangers to the meetup, texting you asking for credit, (they are a fuckup or have a drug problem and so don't have the money), them telling someone they can get weed for them and then getting the person to wait in sight while they buy off you.

Don't let them know where you live.

Don't be sucked into "this is a good spot over here to do it, no-one will see us" to do the deal, they might have someone waiting for you to mug you.
You choose the spot, one where you can see if anyone is lying in wait, and get there first and scope it out.

Don't sell to criminals, sell to respectable people. Don't sell to drug users.

Have good home security to help prevent home invasions.
Losers don't realise that you might have a grow of vegging plants; they think there will be buds there and lots of them.

But most importantly don't deal with the wrong people, and don't let people know your business.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man, that should have sent alarm bells, red flags immediately!! Only buy from those you know. You could have been rolled. Ahhh, Life's lessons.

T

TreehouseJ

Easy come, easy go. The trick is not making illicit money. My best friend growing up was abducted, shot in the throat with a 12 gauge, and left to rot in the trunk of his mothers car for a week, because someone thought he was making money doing what he was doing, running back and forth to the city every weekend to grab a couple ounces of pot.

I knew him since we were in 3rd grade, he was always the center of attention. Vietnam war vet parents.. Funny ass fucker. Big 6' half Vietnamese kid zippin through the neighborhood on his little 50cc rocket.

He left my house, broke, to go serve that ounce. Less than an hour later he was murdered. He had called the police from the trunk of his mothers car, after having been shot in the leg, and the fucking police department dismissed it as a prank. It was after the killers heard him calling the police that they pulled over and shot in in the throat. His sister requested the funeral be postponed a few days, so that we could bury him on 4-20.

We were 19.

The moment someone even thinks you have any illicit money, you're cover has been blown, and you are probably marked.

R.I.P. Chink

kanzzzz

Easy come, easy go. The trick is not making illicit money. My best friend growing up was abducted, shot in the throat with a 12 gauge, and left to rot in the trunk of his mothers car for a week, because someone thought he was making money doing what he was doing, running back and forth to the city every weekend to grab a couple ounces of pot.

I knew him since we were in 3rd grade, he was always the center of attention. Vietnam war vet parents.. Funny ass fucker. Big 6' half Vietnamese kid zippin through the neighborhood on his little 50cc rocket.

He left my house, broke, to go serve that ounce. Less than an hour later he was murdered. He had called the police from the trunk of his mothers car, after having been shot in the leg, and the fucking police department dismissed it as a prank. It was after the killers heard him calling the police that they pulled over and shot in in the throat. His sister requested the funeral be postponed a few days, so that we could bury him on 4-20.

We were 19.

The moment someone even thinks you have any illicit money, you're cover has been blown, and you are probably marked.

R.I.P. Chink

Damn that shits rough , seams like he was in with the "wrong crowd" if you will.

Isnt all like that tho , know guys who been doing it for years like a business, everyone they deal with is "decent enough" people.

All down to the circle your in/dealing with really.
Can usualy feel peopel out and who to fuck with and who not to fuck with kinda, some people just have trouble stamped on there forehead almost.

T

TreehouseJ

Damn that shits rough , seams like he was in with the "wrong crowd" if you will.

Isnt all like that tho , know guys who been doing it for years like a business, everyone they deal with is "decent enough" people.

All down to the circle your in/dealing with really.
Can usualy feel peopel out and who to fuck with and who not to fuck with kinda, some people just have trouble stamped on there forehead almost.

He wasn't in the wrong crowd. He was a well-to-do college kid. Wrong place, wrong time. A couple convicts were hard up for money, and stuck up some kid who sold out Chink after having a gun put to his head.

I'll add that making assumptions like that about the deceased is just bad form, and it's definitely not appreciated.

Latest posts

Latest posts