What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what is the hottest chilli pepper?

Flying Goat

I grow chilis every year. LOVE my ground cayenne. Have about a pound of dried habaneros... thinking about making chili flakes from them, too... Nice 4 a BBQ sauce. Also nice in omelets for breakfast...

The key to enjoying chilis is to eat them every day. If you're on mild food for a couple weeks & then eat a hot chili, it's gonna burn ya twice. If, like me, you keep a jar of pickled jalapenos & serranos on the counter for snacks, not only do you have less arthritis pain, but you become slowly immune to the burn & learn to discern & relish the flavors...

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
We're on some Peruvian lemon chillies this season,, should be fun :D

I actually grew these several years ago. I bought a bag of them, dried, at the Fiery Foods show in ABQ, and the seeds were viable.

They grew pretty well as I recall, and were quite tasty...

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool zymos :yes:

The first chillies down this season are both heirloom,, this Peruvian lemon variety and a Iranian Round variety collected in 1944 :bandit:

Next week we'll start on the Habaneros and the FRT Black Twilight :D

puffin fresh

ICMag Donor
Hi Doc,
I grew these last year...still growing now. They are one of the most beautiful chilies when ripe. :)
Just got some decades old West indian chillies that came from my grandmother so we will see how they go...they look like a habanero/naga but are much smaller and very hot. :)

moses wellfleet

Veteran
FRT Black Twilight and other hot varieties of chilli are in Veggie Seed Multipacks at seedbay :D

picture.php

picture.php
I’m new to Chilli growing. I was gifted a beaut plant with dark purple leaves that has finally produced its’ first fruit, after an issue with flowers falling off.

Cvh

Supermod
Pepper X . But no official seeds are available yet I belief.

Pepper X is a cultivar of Capsicum chili pepper bred by Ed Currie, creator of the Carolina Reaper.[1][2] Pepper X resulted from several cross breedings that produced an exceptionally high content of capsaicin in the locules of the pepper.[2] The exceptional pungency of the chili was developed over 10 years of cultivation.[1][3] According to Currie, he started developing Pepper X as he found his favorite chili peppers too mild and wanted to have a pepper that had more heat while retaining the flavor.[3]
Currie stated that it is "two times as hot as the Carolina Reaper",[3] which would make it the hottest pepper in the world with a Scoville scale of 3.18 million units, but this remains unconfirmed by Guinness World Records as of 2022.[1][3]

Latest posts

Latest posts