What's new

What in your opinion is the BEST bloom boost currently available?

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hoping you guys can save me some time searching through threads and let me know what your currently using bloom stim wise.

if your decision to use said bloom boost is based on anecdotal or empirical evidence and anything else you can tell me about why I should be using it :)

F

Fields~of~Green

Top shooter ftw first time usi g it and you can actually notice an improvement which is more than I can say for the other potions I've used

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I think bloom boosts are used to help your plant uptake more P/K....I can't remember the last time I used one, probably 10 years ago, I'd like to know if anyone sees much of a difference with them. I think I'd rather put the money into a calmag supplement.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Cheers FOG is that used with a PK additive too? What does top shooter do?

Calmag aye 100... Do you use that on all the strains you grow in veg and bloom?

I've got some plant magic magne cal+says to use it during veg and bloom, I've only ever used it if I see mag or cal defs.

F

Fields~of~Green

It's a pk addative it's virtually same as shooting powder but in a liquid

Ps give the cal mag a go the entire run mate cut it at wk 5 though

It helps the plants bulk up calcium and magnesium aids in the uptake of pk when there wanting it the most

I wouldn't grow without it again, read somewhere to give a dose of cal mag at wk 7 helps the buds harden up but not tried that yet

F

Fields~of~Green

My bad you said bloom stim as in Bcuzz bloom stim ?

I use that first half of flower didn't notice a difference this time using it but I was given an old bottle this time last time I used it I had the new style label

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
I think what I should've said was flowering additive which covers boosts/pk's etc.

Just trying to find out which 1 product adds most yield and enhances buds the most...

F

Fields~of~Green

I think what I should've said was flowering additive which covers boosts/pk's etc.

Just trying to find out which 1 product adds most yield and enhances buds the most...

thats easy then house and garden top shooter gel/shooting powder at the recommended dose :biggrin:

theherbalizor

Veteran
It's all about the shooting powder / top shooter gel. And H&G Bud XL.

Bloombastic is not so good. Leaves a kind of clay like taste to the buds.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Nah I haven't tried it FOG but I've heard similar things to what herb has said about leaving a funny taste.

So what exactly does the shooting gel/powder do lads? And what does bud xl do herb?

SativaBreather

Veteran
that is true RG
in my opinion
Dutch Pro Explode = average at best
Big Bud and Overdrive = v.good
shooting powder = gets on my tits, adds weeks to ya flowering time
triacontanol = excellent
Buddhas Tree 9/18 = not even a fucking 9/18 = 3-10-16 and average like Explode
Evoponics PK BULK, Elixir Steroids and Rocksoff (non pac PGR mimicker) = really fucking good
Plant Magic Platinum PK = not yet used, on my list next, told its superb
Cannawank Excellerator = worst rip off of the lot

just my experience based opinions

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
Gey Shhh my friend, hope your well? Aptus P Boost is fantastic as well as Top Shooter as mentioned, also found Bud Blood good as well :) Canadian Express Superior Potash is great as well as PK 13/14. That's about all I have tried and liked.

RetroGrow

Veteran
that is true RG
in my opinion
triacontanol = excellent
Evoponics PK BULK, Elixir Steroids and Rocksoff (non pac PGR mimicker) = really fucking good

Here is a thread about Bloombastic. Note Krunchbubble's tests re: resin production. Bloombastic rocks for resin production. If you are going to be making oil, you cannot beat it. My own anecdotal evidence shows me a dramatic increase in trichome production.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=91088

Page 5, post 61 begins the discussion of resin production.

I have tried loads of boosters

Canna PK combined with boost is good but is very. Expensive it does produce quality.

Bhuddas tree great value seems to work well and give heavy harvests

Big bud overdrive carboload - works but not sure how much bigbud does these days think it's very weak

Aptus range high quality organic and weight was good lots to comprehend and played hell with the ph on k boost

Dutch master potash add2.7 really simple really cheap effective nutrients

Just testing rocks resinator at the minute quality seems really impressive yet to know on the weight

Anyone done much with hydrotops just running a few of there additives in at minute

Triacontanol seems effective but it's a right fuk about getting it prepared

One no one's really mentioned is molasses combined with some pk it's makes for a really clean sweet heavy harvest reduces shrinkage on harvest

Shooting powder really kicks it up a gear at end good stuff.... top shooter used to be good but it's no where near what it was like now it's new ratios

Ive tried other that people are saying are good and not thought much of them but as always it's down to setup

SativaBreather

Veteran

Canna PK combined with boost is good but is very. Expensive it does produce quality.

Big bud overdrive carboload - works but not sure how much bigbud does these days think it's very weak

Aptus range quality and weight was good lots to comprehend and played he'll with the ph on k boost

Just testing rocks resinator at the minute quality seems really impressive yet to know on the weight

Anyone done much with hydrotops just running a few of there additives in at minute

triacontanol is the bollox mate

hope ya not running Hydrotops Triple F - its a load of shit - like BioBizz TopMax - does precisely fuck all

Never tried Rocks Resinator, but bout to start using Terpinator

Rocksoff, Elixir Steroids and PK Bulk are good too, just gonna run em a second time to get a solid opinion

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
that is true RG
in my opinion
triacontanol = excellent

Cheers Sativa Breather,

I appreciate your post mate....

So shooting powder extands bloom time then... Not the type thing I was looking for. Had a look on evoponics site, the products you've recomeneded sound good from the blurb on the site.

I've tried big bud and overdrive in coco a while back, gave decent results but not much better than b'cuzz bloom stim and pk13/14 as it works out dearer for the former 2 I just cracked on with the pk and b'cuzz.

Also tried canna boost and pk13/14 which gave nice results in terms of quality, but not much increases in bud size over PK13/14 alone. There was speculation some time back that cannawank, lol, boost contained triacontanol not sure if this was confirmed or not though.

So the rocksoff is a superbud style hardener minus pgrs? The elixer steroids sounds a lot like b'cuzz grow stimulator, and the PK is pretty self explanitory. What differences did you notice using the 3 of them?

What's up Dank Demon,

Thanks for your input..... I had a packet of bud blood powder for ages but never used it lol, must be sitting somewhere gathering dust and old as hell by now. Should've given it a run but advanced were so hyped back then I didn't bother. Have tried headmasta that stinking shit :D but not the superior potash. No more headmasta for me though, smells horrible.

That Aptus range was getting pushed really hard, I always chill for a while to see if the products produce before diving in myself. You say the P boost is good... Read the blurb and has the good stuff L-amino's alongside the P, not sure why they've spilt the PK into 2 seperate products though?

Hi northerngrafta,

Aptus range high quality organic and weight was good lots to comprehend and played hell with the ph on k boost

One no one's really mentioned is molasses combined with some pk it's makes for a really clean sweet heavy harvest reduces shrinkage on harvest

Shooting powder really kicks it up a gear at end good stuff.... top shooter used to be good but it's no where near what it was like now it's new ratios

Ive tried other that people are saying are good and not thought much of them but as always it's down to setup

So shooting powder and top shooter have different igredients/ratios? Does top shooter also extend bloom time?

I use molasses and PK in coco currently, did a trial with molasses and panela (another sugar product) against bud candy and found the panela/ molasses mix increased weight ,but not size of buds, by adding a shit load of trichomes.... I used green sensation which is quite like bloom bastic in it's make up but dropped that soon after and replaced it with PK and b'cuzz bloom stim which has been serving me fairly well thus far.

I was tempted to just replace the bloom stim with some maxi grow seaweed extract as from what I've read b'cuzz's bloom stim is mostly seaweed extract anyway. I read a lot of bloom stim blurbs and see L-amino's and always think yup seaweed :D Can't remember which member posted it now, but there was a large thread about seaweed extract being the 'secret ingredient' in a lot of bloom stims in the nutrient and fertilizer forum.

Cheers for your input too mate.

Still not sure what I'm going to try this run... keep the info coming please lads!

Oh yeah, link to that thread for anyone interested:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=176686

Latest posts

Latest posts