What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what games you play when stoned

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Anyone got them new XBOX and/or PS5 things yet?

Had a pal who pre-ordered the PS5 sell his for 900€.

I mean I know the supply is limited now, but 900 is almost double the asking price, and for what? Not too many launch titles that make it a must have, actually none for me. I'm not telling anyone how to spend their money, but c'mon now. Wait for some new games to come out and for the price to drop, not to mention the bugs and glitches that usually come with new stuff like this to be sorted. Or maybe even a new model, that PS5 does not look good. Hope they re-design that thing asap. The XBOX box thingy is much more to my liking, and it's just a black box. But at least it's neutral to look at, the PS5 looks like some kinda hospital gadget.

+ Ain't no PS5/XBOX gonna fill that void in your soul, even less when it's gathering dust for the first 6 months you have it. (based on my experience with previous new consoles).

For those that did get em, hope they are worth the money and hype.

:tiphat:

Sunshineinabag

I'm actually disgusted by the crowds who covet the " I gotta sit outside the store and camp for the new release" these folks need a better hobby and a workout routine IMHO...
.it's an absolute waste of good energy that could be directed in much better areas

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
I'm actually disgusted by the crowds who covet the " I gotta sit outside the store and camp for the new release" these folks need a better hobby and a workout routine IMHO...
.it's an absolute waste of good energy that could be directed in much better areas

I'd camp out and wait in line for like a COVID vaccine, if I really needed one, or food, if was starving..

But for a new gadget, gaming console or Iphone or tickets to the latest Star Wars movie or some concert. Hell no, mang! Just get that shit later, or don't. Not a big deal.

And yea, I don't think anyone is waiting for new Star Wars movies that much these days, but you know what I mean.. :tiphat:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
But for a new gadget, gaming console or Iphone or tickets to the latest Star Wars movie or some concert.

i'd sit out in the rain (for a long time) for tickets to see David Gilmour & Roger Waters re-uniting for a concert.:good:

Yea, well, yea. I'd prolly stand in line for a Talking Heads re-union concert ticket thing. But not if it was raining or snowing or something unpleasant and would last for hours. Maybe I shouldn't have added concert tickets to that list now that I think about it. They might be once in a life time things, unlike toys and games and gadgets and gimmicks. But whatever :tiphat:

Anyways, went out and got the new Cyberpunk 2077 game to see what all the hype was about, and I was also interested in it 'cause I used to play Cyberpunk the tabletop RPG back in the day. And the game was already on sale for 39,95€ in a couple of stores.

I'd love to tell you that it's a sweet ass game, but there's a god damned 50GB update patch you gotsta download before you can start playing, at least if you let it go online that is.. Servers seem to be pretty slow too, prolly lots of ppl downloading the patch. I'm half way done after a couple of hours, but damn it, these games these days are getting way too big :D

Also this will suck for anyone with a monthly limit on their internets, and/or a slow connection.

Oh yea, was gonna be lazy and just download it. But it was 69,95€ for the digital download vs. that 40 bucks in store, and you get some post cards, a map of Night City and stickers with the physical copy, so why not? :good:

KarlieBoe

Been playing a lot of Victoria 2 lately. It's a hoot, and quiet unique among grand strategy games. It blends economy, political philosophy, technology, and military in a way few games do.

Green Squall

Anyone got them new XBOX and/or PS5 things yet?

Nope. I'll buy one in a year or two when the price drops. I'm fine with my ole' PS4 for now. And as far as I know, new games are coming out on both consoles? I haven't played anything for a while, so I still need to do some catch up.

M

member 505892

Anyone played Cyberpunk yet?

I ordered a copy about 6 months ago to play on my Xbox one S, which i have hardly ever used, and was expecting it to be a hideous mess by all of the reviews i've seen on youtube.... so far, with only an hour or so of playing it is working fine and looks fine to me.

I'm not concerned with the latest cutting edge graphics, i almost exclusively use a Switch to play games, but if the game crashes often, which a lot of people have been reporting, then i can see that as a big problem, but so far it hasn't crashed.

If patches come out for the bugs then i have no problem at all with the graphics, resolution and framerate etc.

It kind of makes me wonder how close do people sit to their TVs these days, or maybe how huge of a TV they have?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Anyone played Cyberpunk yet?

I ordered a copy about 6 months ago to play on my Xbox one S, which i have hardly ever used, and was expecting it to be a hideous mess by all of the reviews i've seen on youtube.... so far, with only an hour or so of playing it is working fine and looks fine to me.

I'm not concerned with the latest cutting edge graphics, i almost exclusively use a Switch to play games, but if the game crashes often, which a lot of people have been reporting, then i can see that as a big problem, but so far it hasn't crashed.

If patches come out for the bugs then i have no problem at all with the graphics, resolution and framerate etc.

It kind of makes me wonder how close do people sit to their TVs these days, or maybe how huge of a TV they have?
There are bug compilations videos, but this parody video sums it up really nicely I've heard from people who played. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27BztbzPKk8
Hey amigo.

Sunshineinabag

Mario Kart or Mario Party are really timeless classics. but last 2 years i only played PUBG

back in the days i loved it to play CS 1.6 stoned

The only successful drinking and driving I've ever done......mario kart marathons with Tom tuttle lamson at club ioacca.....lmaop don't ask

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Played thru Cyberpunk last night on the PS4. It is a buggy mess, but not game-breaking bad.. Story is a bit dialogue heavy, you really gotta pay attention if you want to get everything outta it. Slow start, but once you meet Keanu Reeves, the story starts rolling a bit faster and better. Not the messiah game some people were expecting and the whatever 8 year dev-cycle is a bit much for this. Or maybe way too little, looking at the last gen versions and the amount of bugs and problems the game has running.. BUT NOT THAT BAD.

Like a strong 7 outta 10. Would recommend for shooter / cyber / open world adventure game liking mofos and thing. Just don't get it on PS4 or XBOX1, grab the PC or PS5 or whatever the god damn new XBOX is called game. Fucking microsoft really messed up them names and numbers. OR, wait for a massive patch on the old shit. Just got a 17 gig patch but it didn't do all that much :D :tiphat:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Cyberpunk 2077 keeps on giving. Sony D-listed the game, CDPR stock price down something like 40%, that's a billion US dollars roughly.. Investors are angry, gamers are pissed off, youtube reviewers are having a field day.

They delayed the game for a good ½ a year, and still it's pretty broken. Maybe it's the Xmas market they wanted it out for, but you'd think these big game houses would learn from mistakes of EA and Activision and not release broken shit.

You'd think so, but you'd be wrong. Now there's some CO or whatever who's totally gonna pay the price and get the boot. 'Cause we need some guilty mofos!

Merry Xmas!

Latest posts

Latest posts