What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What does OG stand for? (ocean grown?)

So ive always thought OG stood for organic.

What does it stand for to you? And i mean this as in a weed way not as in original gangster.

OHHH If OG = Ocean grown, what does ocean grown mean?

Last edited by a moderator:

2cents

ocean grown

an excerpt from the legend

“In late ‘93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in ‘95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him “this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro”. The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush.

2cents

chem dog x Lemon Thai Old World Paki Kush

its hard to tell if peeps are tolling some times lol

RoomRaider

Probably grown by the ocean? Like a coastal city or something. I always thought that cuz it was so good it was "gansta" hece "original gansta" OG, or the bud that rappers smoke, lol. Always wondered....

LAcon

ocean grown

an excerpt from the legend

“In late ‘93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in ‘95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him “this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro”. The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush.

:yeahthats
This is the real story of where it came from, Ocean Grown.
Oh and one thing the excerpt didn't include but is from the same source is that the ocean grown area referenced, was in the Santa Cruz area.
I hate when I hear people say its orig. gangsta and what not, I tell them the real story and get them to :snap out of it:

And the less cannabis is linked to "gangsta's", the better.

purpleplayer007

I think a lot of the theories came about from some wolf tickets. If I had to put my money up I would say the dude who made up the name OGkush meant either ORIGINAL or OG like some gangster shit

Bunz

Overgrow......................hands down, the best grow site ever!!!!!!!!

Overgrow The World!!!!!! :D

Latest posts

Latest posts