What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do YOU think is under the ice in Antarctica?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks for the detailed reply Tycho. I tend to agree with you. I do believe there is an alternate reason the US and others are so interested in the continent, but it's merely hearsay at the moment.

What do you think about the points made in this video re: when Antarctica was tropical and what caused the change in climate, as recent as the 1700s. He's got some wicked vids with awesome finds on Antarctica, you've just gotta skip the bs videos lol.

[youtubeif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCUh3QMS1xw[/youtubeif]

I don't think there are any great secrets. No UFO bases. No aliens. Just a small potential for a past history that's could be interesting. It would only be interesting IF there was a discovery of a past settlement. That would shake up climate models to their core and probably give some people anxiety because of Earth Crust Displacement and how quick it can happen.

Personally, I think it's only rock and maybe some fossils of shells and the first birds and the first flowers. Dinos were still around 65 million years ago, so with a little luck, maybe some of that stuff.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The Antarctic hides - the World headquarters of the masonic, deep-state-illuminati-ruling-global-cabal - of the penguins - mostly populated by Emperor penguins - since they are the ruling class - among penguins -

*Never underestimate a penguin - they are a superior species to humans - need no clothes, nor boats, submarines, nor cars to get about - and have a VERY low carbon footprint -

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
well seriously now when permafrost melts, people discover frozen mammoths with green food in their stomachs, they had dinner and then frozed quite quickly. really quick drastic change, a lot of small changes lead to one big quick change.. I think its repeating in cycles. I thnk there can be some frozen people too.

X

xavier7995

The Antarctic hides - the World headquarters of the masonic, deep-state-illuminati-ruling-global-cabal - of the penguins - mostly populated by Emperor penguins - since they are the ruling class - among penguins -

*Never underestimate a penguin - they are a superior species to humans - need no clothes, nor boats, submarines, nor cars to get about - and have a VERY low carbon footprint -

IF YOU DONT HAVE OPPOSABLE THUMBS YOU ARE NOTHING!!!!!

I really would be curious to see what's down there. What they find in ice cores is super interesting to me. I wonder if they could use some sort of seismic imaging to try and map stuff out to dig in the most promising places.

B

Benny106

Actually it might have been the icke forum, but i swear i didnt dream this shit...i was convinced id seen a cameo in a music video by that cali connection guy once, kept watching it over and over again like where the fuck is it but nah dude, totally dreamt that.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Dormant viruses and stuff ready to turn us all into zombies.

Seriously though, since it was not at the pole one time, would be nice to see a human settlement or something. A pyramid maybe?
Antarctica quit having summers and went to year around ice 37,000,000 years ago.
Homo split from Pan only 6,000,000 years ago. Odds are really good that virus and disease would be unable to infect animals that did not evolve until 31,000,000 years after Antarctica was enshrouded in ice.

That also eliminates the possibility of human artifacts.

The continent did support diverse life for 29,000,000 million years after the asteroid extinction event so there should be enough new species unique to Antarctica to fill many volumes of research.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Say chap, would you like milk or sugar with tea?

How about the recent local sportsball match?

I do so enjoy a meaningless exchange.

Let's do it again soon.

Good day old chap!

Littleleaf

Veteran
Mega ton's of coal. Trillions of barrels of oil. Gold nuggets as big as washing machines or bigger. Rubies, sapphires, emeralds, diamonds as big as basketballs. More wealth in minerals than the mind can imagine.

That is the main reason no one can go there. We would strip it bare or war over it for centuries....