What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do YOU personally yield?

G

Graham Purwatt

Yield: 372 grams dry,6 plants
Flowering Watts: 1200 hps
G.P.W: perpetual,don't really know how to work that out
# of plants: 6 per crop,12 total in flower at all times
Strains: reservoir's dsd,sour d pheno
Flowering time: 63 days
Vegative info: clones vegged for 6 weeks,3 weeks in 32 oz cups,3 weeks in 2 gallon buckets
Soil or Hydro:coco hempy buckets
Notes: i flower in a 5'x5' poly tent, run 2 crops 4.5 weeks apart and everything runs 63 days then gets cut.still trying to dial it all in but yeilds are picking up each harvest though they are still not what they should be

Yield: 15oz
Flowering Watts: 600 hps
G.P.W: .7
# of plants: 5
Strain: Various: Cole's Train, Purp AK, Grape Punch, Sweet Tooth #4
Flowering time: 50-56 days
Vegative info: didn't track; approx 3-5 wks from rooted clone under 750w MH/HPS
Soil or Hydro: Hydro (GH Waterfarms)
Notes: H&G nutes, 1000-1300 ppm CO2, due to height restrictions, dosed the Punch and Cole's Train w/BushMaster and they hermied, so if you want to be strict deduct 3 oz from total due to seeded bud.

Last edited:

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Personally, I gauge yield per square foot. GPW mean very little. It assumes that light is the limiting factor, when other constraints often dominate, like the available space. With that in mind:

Yield: 2-2.5oz dry/cured per square foot
Flowering Watts: 5x600HPS
# of plants: 24-36, depending
Strain: Various
Flowering time: 50-70 days
Vegetative info: 2x400HPS, 400MH, T-5s
Soil or Hydro: Soil (Pro-Mix)
Notes: All plants are LST'd, Jack's Classic ferts, no other nutrients/supplements

Simon

yield= 12 to 14 lbs
7000 watts
30 plant's
strains= grape kush,power house and purple star
veg time 30 day's
flower time 9 weeks
ebb and grow hydro systems
co2= pumping as much as i can get

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Cool thread!

last grow:

Yield: 6.5oz
Flowering Watts: 400 hps
G.P.W: .455
# of plants: 4
Strain: Northern Skunk
Flowering time: 76 days
Vegative info: 2 months from seed - mostly outdoors in bad weather
Soil or Hydro: Soil
Notes: Pretty small @ the flip due to low outdoor light levels at my latitude . . .

Last grow

Yield: 10 ounces
Flowering Watts: 432w T-5 Flouros
G.P.W: 0.65
# plants: 5
Strains: Trainwreck, Delirium(2), White Rhino, Great White Shark
Veg: 1.5 months from seed
Flowering time: 10 weeks
Space: 22in x 44in
Soil or Hydro: Hempy
Notes: This was only my second grow and I really messed up 3 of the plants tryin to learn the in's and outs of topping. Also didnt have a fan blowing on the colas and had some heat stress. Scrog is a must with t-5's. Learned alot so far....taken a break until I can get a bill to pass in my state or I can move.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
last grow that i was soley responsible for:

yield 5,500g
lights 6,600 (11 600hps)
#plants 70
strains AK, Sk#1, PoG all clones
veg-4weeks
flower-9weeks
medium-coir handwatered daily
GPW ?0.83 (did i do the maths right?)

as it has been pointed out the simple gpw figure doesn't take into account veg or flower time. I remember reading a formula in a Cervantes book that did. Space can also be a limiting factor-and , i'd argue, that, over a certain point, the bigger the grow the harder it is to get these optimal returns. For example it is hard to scrog larger grows -difficult to get access and immensely time consuming-

in the past i've got the highest return (gpw) by doing smaller scale box scrogs in hydro

eddieS

Yield: 10oz
Veg Watts: 100 watt cfl, 300 watt flouro
Flowering Watts: 1000 hps
G.P.W: .274 if I understand how to calculate this
# of plants: 1
Strain: Bag Seed from what I was told was Alaskan Thunderfuck
Flowering time: 50 days
Vegative info: 50 days
Soil or Hydro: 3 gallon DWC
Notes: First successful hydro grow

B

Bud Bug

as it has been pointed out the simple gpw figure doesn't take into account veg or flower time.

This is one of the things that annoys me about people posting their number on-line. Very few show the veg and flower time. Yes people say they got 2lb per light out of 9/12 plants but then you find out they vegged 4 weeks and had 9/11 weeks of flower time. Which to me seems quite a long time to have to sit there and grow. I guess it must be a regional thing as my people that I know usually don't veg for longer then 1 week and 7/8 weeks in flower. Yah they have to double/triple up on the amount of plants but you get your crops a bit faster and more per year.

The other thing is strains and this is the biggest factor. It be nice to have a database that can be filtered by strain, time grown (veg/flower, lights and amount of plants grown.

darksith

wow, this is a great post. I love to see what peeps are doing. I have 1 question for a couple of the posters, if you are running multiple lights and only having 4-8 plants per light...what are you thinking? Now someone above is pulling around 2lbs per 1000w with only 7 plants per light, thats crazy. How big (tall) are they when you harvest? When I run 1kw lights I average around 16 per, and they are around 3' tall. Im just info hunting here fyi. When I run 6oow lights I am running around 10 per light, I always get 1+lb per light whether its 600's or 1kw lamps. I have never hit the magic 2lb/1kw, that is still a thing of dreams for me any everyone I know.

darksith

I guess it must be a regional thing as my people that I know usually don't veg for longer then 1 week and 7/8 weeks in flower. Yah they have to double/triple up on the amount of plants but you get your crops a bit faster and more per year.

The other thing is strains and this is the biggest factor. It be nice to have a database that can be filtered by strain, time grown (veg/flower, lights and amount of plants grown.

I agree, but when you say you only veg for 1 week, what are you saying. As soon as your clones pop roots you plant them, veg them for 1 week and then flip? I run 1 crop at a time, I root them and then plant them, then veg them until I harvest, then they go into the main room and veg for approx 1-2 weeks and then flip. Is that vegging for 1 week even if they were rooted 5 weeks prior to going into the main room? Everyone I know has a goal of 13 crops in a 3 year cycle. 4,5,4. We strive to squeeze that extra couple, but it is always a hard thing to pull off.

B

Bud Bug

but when you say you only veg for 1 week, what are you saying. As soon as your clones pop roots you plant them, veg them for 1 week and then flip?

Yes once the clones (rooted already) are obtained from a clone supplier they are put into veg for aprox 7-12 days then they are flipped to 12/12 The 7-12 varies depending on the strain. Usually PK (Which is a shifty yielder but sells for a lot) with 25 per light would be vegged for 14 days then flipped.

But I know people who also veg for aprox 4 days with PK but put 50 or so per light. They average 1.5lb dry per light. So the whole crop is aprox 60 days from start to finish.

DankSide

Yield: 185g
Flowering Watts: 250hps
G.P.W: .74
# of plants: 6
Strains: (3)L.A. Confidential (2)Kings Kush (1)Violator Kush
Flowering time: scattered harvest, 50-65 days
Vegative info: 1 month seed under 250 mh
Ferts: FF grow big, tiger bloom and some big bloom here and there
Atmosphere: Dr60 I believe 2x2 and 5'3 tall. 6' clip on fan for top wind. hood 5-6 inches from canopy.
medium: soil, generic unferted brand. 1 and 2.5 gallon pots.
Notes: I have been trying to squeeze as much as I can out of the 2x2 area of the tent. I believe the 250 is the best choice to use in this space, but due to wanting to use multiple strains of different influences, I avoided going with a scrog or sog technique.
I think that the way to get the max out of this setup is to take 4 or 5 clones of a well yielding phenotype and implement a scrog setup. You can see 1gpw that way.

strongly concur OO420, nice to see some realistic yeild figures growers, ive had as low as 8 oz per 600 with a strain like chem/rom from seed and various other harder to grow plants, and ime no matter how long your skills improve maybe the max with a certain strains 11 ish with a 600 or possibley less and still performed some great skillz, on the other hand grow a selected for yeild clone like chronic and id dare bet money any compitant grower would hit a gpw 3rd time around if not sooner:woohoo: indica:dueling:sativa:laughing: we all have the choice:joint:

on an average I hit 30 oz with 2x600 in dripped cocco.......when iv scrogged known heavy weights mono (single strain)under the same wattage ive hit low 40s , other growers ive spoke to over the last decade have simular yeilds, from strain to strain , as a rule of thumb i tend to break every grow:laughing: the dicas yeild to extremes with practise and more then 4 weeks veg without environmental or nutrient issues......ime plant numbers as in sog play a role on speed but a fraction of the number under controlled veg yeild the same.

i can see from the time im rambling on my own shit again so ill stop

bests with progess growers, cmoon

same on my first coco run.. 30.. 2 600's in a 4 x 6 room. mostly mandala strains

I'm so jelaous of people who can run dwc without root issues consistently... I switched to coco becuase of the plague (read root slime sticky thread) and had a friend that hit 3.5 pounds with 2 600's and I bet I could do the same without the problems I get... really sucks

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
60 plants under 3000w veg for 4 weeks and then under 5000w for 63-70 days, Purple Kush.
Yield is between 8 and 9 p's.
co2 and the full GH line plus more nut's

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
I have 1 question for a couple of the posters, if you are running multiple lights and only having 4-8 plants per light...what are you thinking?

alright Darksith-i usually do 5-6plants/600w lamp-15L (3gall) buckets full of coir and pearlite-each bucket in a washing up bowl. Plants are trained with garden wire to grow more horizontally than vertically. typically 5 or 6 lamps per room flipflopping. 10"intake12"extractor. yeah i know guys who run about 20plants/m2-also know guys who run like 2. it's a personal thing. it takes a bit longer in veg but allows to keep plant numbers down. also i prefer growing them bigger.

didn't see CMoon in this thread-he's a good grower

eddieS

blackone

Veteran
I guess I'm doing pretty ok then?:

Yield: 465g
Flowering Watts: 600 hps
G.P.W: 0.775
# of plants: 30
Strain: Double Strawberry Diesel (mostly - also a few swt#3 and Swt crosses)
Flowering time: 9 weeks
Vegative info: 1 week from clones
Soil or Hydro: Soil

picture.php