What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do you feed your dog?

designer

I feed my dog Pedigree but he is a big hungry dog. He always gets the last bite of whatever I am eating. If I have a taco, he gets the last bite.

On down side there is not a more foul smell than my dogs farts. I will do the Pepsi challenge with any of you on that one.

razor ridge

I started my Shepard on Solid Gold wolf cub, he ate it ok but kept loose stools all the time. I switched him out to Taste of the wild high prairie formula and loves it. His stools are right and he is a hoss of a dog. Beautiful coat, very energetic and in perfect health. Don't know about the ethoxyquin though. But it's the best food I've ever used.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Innova Evo $65/bag best shit money can buy unless of course you feed them raw diet.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Blue Buffalo, I switched from Canidae after their formula changed. I urge anyone still feeding Canidae to their dogs to do some research, the dry food changed quite a bit, and the wet is almost a completely different product than it used to be.

woolybear

Veteran
I feed my dog Pedigree but he is a big hungry dog. He always gets the last bite of whatever I am eating. If I have a taco, he gets the last bite.

On down side there is not a more foul smell than my dogs farts. I will do the Pepsi challenge with any of you on that one.

One of the problems with giving dogs human food is that they get human-like poops and gas lol...

That's a lucky taco-eating dog!

edit: Cooked pasta, bread, veggies and fruits, now those are good dog treats that don't cause runny shits!

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Hey you guys what GREAT THREAD.

Regarding gas, I wanted to chime in <FART> 'cuse me haha Seriously though, give your baby 1 tablespoon of fat free yogurt with each meal and buh bye gas. Just stir it in with their food, they should love it. Don't believe me, try it out and if it doesn't work I'll give you a full refund plus 20% :hotbounce

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I feed Wellness dog food to my Bulldogs. They always get the last bite of what I am eating, or they lick the plates.

Zeppelindood - If that is true about the yogurt than I owe you my nose. My dogs not only fart all the time, but they have recently grown butt cheeks. They can fart almost as loud as I can after eating a rare prime rib. I will be going to the grocery store after this post, and yogurt just made the list. You just feed plain yogurt or do you mix it up?

Sometimes at night the dogs and I fart so much I can taste the air........ewwww.

BudGood

Veteran
I'm gonna go buy some yogurt for my dog tomorrow, it certainly couldn't hurt! Big ups for the idea zep! :wave:

BudGood

Veteran
Canidae. They love it.

canidae ....my dogs love it too!

Hey guys, check out my earlier post, and give Blue Buffalo a try, it's much better. I was turned on to it by a breeder of champion dogs, who also has a dog food biz. He let me know about the switch in Canidae's ownership, and consequently, the change of formulas for their wet and dry dog food. Google it, you'll see what I mean... :wave:

Tried the yogurt, so far so good.......

Meaning it hasn't been a "taste the air" kinda night? :laughing:

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
I started my dog a German Sheppard off with dry food as much as she wants so there was a never ending bowl, you start out this way and your dog knows there's food to eat when she needs it so they don't overeat. It's important to give them the proper protein for there age and the amount of exercise they get. Everyday my dog ate her food like it was the best tasting thing she ever ate.
I worked at a Feed store over 8 years selling anything from Monkey food to horse to mouse food.
People where always coming in saying "there dogs not eating the food I have for them" believe me a dog well not go hungry they will eat when they are ready.

S

Señor Chang

Raw prey model diet for the win.
Dogs are hunter scavengers.
Dogs are not designed to eat packaged food.

BudGood

Veteran
Yeah, I'd feed my dog raw, if I could afford it. Blue Buffalo works out well, and the formula I use (large breed) has chondroitin and glucosamine for joints, as well as a bunch of other good stuff. It's definitely some of the best food, ingredient-wise and otherwise, for the money.

I used to leave out a bowl of dry food for my boy all the time, didn't seem like he ate as much as he does now that I feed him once or twice a day, with wet mixed in and a bit of warm water to make gravy. He straight DEVOURS that shit! :D

LIFEISGOOD

My pooch doesn't eat anywhere near as good of food as she used to. 30# was $45. Now she gets crap food. 50# for $20. Tough times for the dog.

BudGood

Veteran
Sorry, but I ain't cheaping out on my dog, he'll continue to eat the good stuff regardless. If any cutbacks get made, they'll be made on my end, not his.

Interesting to see where peoples priorities go...