What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Do YOU do to stay Healthy..?

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
I take a daily multivitamin, I drink LOTS of water, I walk 5 to 10 miles a day at work (in steel toed safety shoes) & I quit smoking cigs over 13 years ago. I haven't had a drink in over a year. I eat fairly healthy.

I'm mid-50's & am proud to be able to work circles around guys 1/2 my age.

Exercise daily.

If you can't kill it, or grow it don't eat it. (Still working on this one)

Eat your calories don't drink them.

Chew your food well.

G

ganjygav

that sucks man, hopefully you can get your stomach acids in check so you arent in so much pain
it wont happen over night and it sounds like you just dove right onto the deep end!

do you normally walk 4 miles (8 miles both ways?)
also maybe you were going too hard when you were one the weights/ rowing machine
slower movements are good to warm up and get the muscles ready
if you arent used to working out then you should just be moving at a comfortable pace for your first few visits to the gym, more like jsut going through the motions than trying to really work out

hopefully you can stick it out, i mean f-all man, you sold your gaming console...
if the gym istn for you then you can find some other activity

I went back yesterday but 8 skipped the 4 mile walk there and went in car. I had a lot more energy to use. No I don't normally walk 4 miles.... I don't walk half a mile normally lol.
I did take it easier. I warmed up by walking quick pace on treadmill for 20 minutes and had 10 minutes easy on bike.
I then set about the weights again but I used the machines instead of free weights. like you said I gotta build myself up.
GOOD news is I didn't feel like I was gonna puke on gym floor this time and today I'm only a little sore .
I'm going back tomorrow and Im looking forward to it.
One thing I've noticed is my left arm fails a lot quicker than the right. when it comes to that last rep my legs are going up in the air to just to get the weights up. I must look a proper picture lol.
Thanks for the advice though fella. I'M gonna take it easy with it all for about 4 weeks then I should be ready for the proper work outs.

VERMONSTAH

Not only will i describe my exercise i'll give pics too!
she's a visla.....8 months old. and THIS DOG WILL HUNT!
which means 2 miles every day sometimes twice a day if she's really wound up.

we walk that entire area daily, prob 5 miles round trip. I drink cranberry juice from concentrate daily.
Eat amato's from maine lol.

Attachments

• 20161101_124706.jpg
    20161101_124706.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 1478216405522.jpg
    1478216405522.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 1478216404206.jpg
    1478216404206.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 1478216404383.jpg
    1478216404383.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 19

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Im about to go school some youngsters on Basketball Fundamentals ... these kids at the gym all suck... everyone wants to heave 3 pointers and play no defense...

We grew up watching MJ children... be prepared to play physical and D the fuck our of them... its all about fancy footwork :)

Green Squall

What did your doc say, ganjagav? Heartburn sucks. It got so bad for me that I started taking a PPI daily. Now I don't wake up at night and can eat whatever I want. Total quality of life game changer.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats the spirit brother!!
im glad you went back and had a better experience

i think you just totally over did it on your first try and need to learn to go at your own pace
once you feel more comfortable you can add weight, more reps, faster movements
its all up to you but dont over do it
in time you will improve and can go to the next level if you want
i know if you stick it out through the first few tries things will get better

keep it up mate and i am cheering for you!
/plus, the first smoke after a good workout is really the best!

G

ganjygav

What did your doc say, ganjagav? Heartburn sucks. It got so bad for me that I started taking a PPI daily. Now I don't wake up at night and can eat whatever I want. Total quality of life game changer.

I've got to have a camera up my nose and into my stomach and small intestine on the 6th of December. They have give me some medication but I've pretty much got to stop taking it now so that it don't mask anything in my gut and stomach.
YES fella sometimes it cripples me the pain. I also have other things going on with my gut they're concerned about. Like I pass blood a lot if you know what I mean and it tends to be when the pain kicks off and my gut swells up after I eat. I'VE gotta say though I've not felt no pain since I started the medication.

G

ganjygav

thats the spirit brother!!
im glad you went back and had a better experience

i think you just totally over did it on your first try and need to learn to go at your own pace
once you feel more comfortable you can add weight, more reps, faster movements
its all up to you but dont over do it
in time you will improve and can go to the next level if you want
i know if you stick it out through the first few tries things will get better

keep it up mate and i am cheering for you!
/plus, the first smoke after a good workout is really the best!

THANKS fella. yah I've accepted I'm not 21 anymore lol and I'm gonna take it easy for first few weeks. I think my body is just shocked from the sudden change from sitting on my arse for years.
I do feel good for it.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
right on man!

none of us are 21 anymore friend, but you still have many good years ahead
i hope your check up turns out ok and that your workouts improve your quality of life
i def think you shocked your system by going so hard at first
the long walk alone would have been a good place to start, working your way up to the gym
but you sound motivated and you will be suprised at how your body takes to the exercise
/once you start seeing the results, you will be even more motivated

stick to it and keep us posted!

T

trichy1

I trail run for an hour at a time at least twice a week in winter and am a serious mountain biker, usually do a multi day stage race every year.
Doc said I looked 10 years younger than I am......53. Smoke 3 or 4 grams a day usually and started using(lightly)40 years ago.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I take my Atlantis Tank with like 3 grams of Oil.. Puff on the sidelines b4 a basketball game starts and afterwords... Good Lawd.. Its the most amazing Pre Workout ...

Out running 19 year olds trying to play that Golden State tempo of ball.. being so blazed getting the 3rd eye vision making Ervin Johnson passes ...and attacking the Hoop like a juiced out 90's player

I want a gold star sometimes after I play gym ball lol and then I jammed my Pinky ! Hurts like a mutha and now everything I do is annoying with pain

skwirl

I don't eat at:
taco smell
micky d's
hairy spleen'
jack in the crack
carls joint
kentucky fried rats
windy's
slumway
pizza slut
little sleazers pizza
quick snooze' sandwich place
booger king
bobs big burp
arbeast
house of pancreas

did I miss one? lol

or any other processed feeder trough

eat organic and some kind of exercise daily or as much as I can pull off

St. Phatty

I think of eating as creating a healthy compost pile in my stomach.

Seems like there's a connection between my digestion & my outdoors compost.

Orange slices for my stomach, orange peels for my compost piles.

Not hard core enough to eat all the peels. I hear they have bioflavinoids. I ate 1/2 a peel. Didn't taste so good.

Lung.Butter

weight lifting, intense cardio & dog walking.

keeping on diet when you have chronic munchies is the hardest part though.

Have been eating a lot of Turmeric Ginger Sauerkraut. It's an anti inflammatory, probiotic powerhouse!

Tha kraut and horseradish are prob top 5 of my fave additions to alot of things i eat! At 43 i am 198 and been so since 22 yrs old. Having a high metabolism, growing up poor with a family that TRULY believed in everyone having a strong work ethic was a prerequisite as much as grad high school! Basicly busting my ass doing hard labor work instead of stomping on corp throats to get ahead i chose to work alongside mexicans and was told i was the hardest worker outside their country they had ever seen! I saw this as a compliment! Walking daily is a must. One must FORCE oneself to stay active! When puffing its good to counteract that lung damage with some sort of cardio workout like mtn biking or jogging. Works ok so far!

Latest posts

Latest posts