What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Do YOU do to stay Healthy..?

Green Squall

Has anyone heard of Turmeric Bombs? It's basically ground turmeric mixed with honey or oil, couple pinches of ground pepper (increases the bio-availability of curcumin) and ginger if you want. Roll it into marble sized balls and put it into freezer. Swallow with a meal.

Turmeric has long been known for it's medicinal properties and can help with inflammation, which I have issues with.

Turmeric root is pretty expensive, around $25 a pound, but a little goes a long way. I bought about 5 bucks worth of it and made 20 balls.

Has anyone heard of Turmeric Bombs? It's basically ground turmeric mixed with honey or oil, couple pinches of ground pepper (increases the bio-availability of curcumin) and ginger if you want. Roll it into marble sized balls and put it into freezer. Swallow with a meal.

Turmeric has long been known for it's medicinal properties and can help with inflammation, which I have issues with.

Turmeric root is pretty expensive, around $25 a pound, but a little goes a long way. I bought about 5 bucks worth of it and made 20 balls.

you find this in a lot of cold pressed juices too, or little power shots.

THC123

Veteran
I grow my own fruit, veggies and carbs (like sweet potatoes potatoes, pumpkins etc..)

I eat healthy (the stuff that i grow + chicken + lot of oatmeal.

I do sports every day (every day cardio and then 3 times weightlifting).

ANd i try to vape as much as I can but sometimes in the weekend I smoke a joint.

P

pongster

swim everyday, go to swimming by bike.
smoke weed before and after
balance
:rasta:

Storm Shadow

Veteran
lift weights 4x a week and Full Court Pick Up Basketball 15-20 games a week ... Dabbing off my Wax Pen in between each ball game or Id face plant after a game or 2 ...wrecking havoc on kids 20 years younger than me... its the oil bro...shits magical ...fountain of youth

mexweed

Veteran
I run 3 miles 3x's a week, lift 2x's a week, run closer to 6 miles 1x a week, one of the days I run the 3 miles before lifting, on the lift that I don't run before I do an extra set or 2, after the other 3 mile runs I do 200 pushups, situps, and leg raises, and after the other one I do 8 three minute heavy bag rounds, there are only two days where I don't do shit, I run in pretty much any weather and what I wear doesn't vary much, it will be 95 in the middle of july and I'll throw on sweatpants and a tshirt, below freezing in december and I just add long underwear pants and shirt and a sweatshirt

I don't really eat until about 2-3pm, drink black coffee, take multivitamin/mineral, resveratrol, full spectrum hemp oil, and have been thinking about trying Stamet's mushroom supplement

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I avoid alcohol, and fast food. The only "fast food" I eat perhaps once every other month is Subway. I do pushups every day as well as BMX, and staying active walking and going to various parks to take photographs.

I now enjoy eating fruit, and drinking natural fruit juice.

I have two UNHEALTHY things I do which I have faith I can overcome when I decide to. I have been smoking cigarettes for 15 years, and I don't really want any of the health related issues that come along with it, so it's better to quit sooner than later. My team of doctors are on my ass about that, because I'm a very heavy smoker. 2+ packs a day. It used to be 4-5 packs a day when I was addicted to opiates but that's in the past.

The other thing that I consider to be unhealthy, is consuming caffiene. I have a love hate relationship with caffiene and always have. It's something I don't need, but when I start drinking things such as coffee, energy drinks, or anything containing caffiene, I tend to continue doing so, because the headaches I get are extremely painful to me. I have quit caffiene multiple times in the past, so I'm sure I can do it again.

As far as things I do for my mental health, I found out that excercising does indeed work. Ideally I'd like to get off of my benzos but my doctor explained that will have to be a slow and long process. Luckily I am also prescribed mmj which helps as well. Music is also very good for my mental health.

I also have my own personal gym with various equipment and I work out constantly for a week, then take a week off. I'm sure that's not the suggested way, but it seems to be working fine with me and I am in good shape.

forest.

carrying tons of bags of soil in the mountains
thats a right workout that keeps me healthy

right there , all those hikes

I

Insomniac420

I need to start. Was diagnosed with diabetes
Over 6 years ago. Never stuck to diet & now have liver & kidney damage. Now found out I have retana damage I am only type 2 but the damage is done.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
To try and stay healthy - I would more often cross the road at the pedestrian crossing - when the light is green - potentially its much more un-healthy to cross the road when the light is red -

*talk about stating the obvious -

Last edited: