What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Diseases/Conditions Has Cannabis Cured Or Helped You With?

Piel

Veteran
Chronic pain and neuropathic pain, it keeps me off opioids. Lately I´ve been getting panic attacks when smoking but I hope the situation will level out. I´ve been smoking actively for 4-5 years so my tolerance has gone down which is weird.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Chronic pain and neuropathic pain, it keeps me off opioids. Lately I´ve been getting panic attacks when smoking but I hope the situation will level out. I´ve been smoking actively for 4-5 years so my tolerance has gone down which is weird.

Re: panic attacks-you should probably use only indicas. Sativas can cause panic attacks/jitters. It's common. Indicas also better for pain, or try Harlequin, or one of the high CBD strains.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Panic attacks?

Try vaping and making canna-pills. Vaping provides panic/anxiety free toking and slowly ramping up potency on pills will help out immensely in the long run.

Harlequin (high CBD) canna pills will do wonders for reducing opiate needs.

Keep it Clean! :D

Digit

I'll list the issues cannabis helps me control the symptoms of along with a number between 1 and 10 for the efficacy. A 1 is rather ineffective and a 10 is a complete remission/cure. I guess I should also mention the primary reason I am prescribed it which is traumatic brain injury, bipolar, PTSD and other related neurological problems. Also, I have chronic GI problems.

Depression: 3
Insomnia: 7
Extreme Agitation/Psychotic Rage: 7
Chronic Back Pain: 3
Nausea: 8
Gut Pain: 5

that's an awesome way of doing it. maybe we could start a thread where the posts are in that format, and maybe with an additional list of pharma and their efficacy.

heck, that's set my mind alight with a notion of starting a website that lets users input data over even more... n then expand graphs from it... sorta like a gapminder... potminder, i suppose. ... p.o.t standing for potential of treatment, of course. ;)

RetroGrow

Veteran
that's an awesome way of doing it. maybe we could start a thread....

You mean kind of like this one? Brilliant idea!
Oh, that's right, it wasn't your idea. Whoops!
You should start your own web site. There are only about a hundred of them already. I'm sure yours will surpass all those other ones, seeing as how creative you are. Thanks for playing, though.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that's an awesome way of doing it. maybe we could start a thread where the posts are in that format, and maybe with an additional list of pharma and their efficacy.

heck, that's set my mind alight with a notion of starting a website that lets users input data over even more... n then expand graphs from it... sorta like a gapminder... potminder, i suppose. ... p.o.t standing for potential of treatment, of course. ;)

If you Google, there are several websites with that same info...Leafly comes to mind.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"changing clothes with witnesses"? Sounds like sexual harassment. You mean you have to stand naked in front of someone that is examining your body? Sounds like prison. I would sue them for that. Is it government, or are you working in "clean rooms"? I once worked in a "clean room", but we had to wear booties and coveralls. No nudity in front of perverts.

more like a high school locker room. you could not even wear your own underwear for fear the material would make static build up an spark on something that does not respond very well to electricity. I was making high explosives for the military...:eek:
best paying job I ever had, worst job I ever had. sometimes the two DO go together. I miss the money, I do NOT miss the job...:tiphat:

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
MMJ stops the spasms in my bad leg. Normally my leg will start kicking in the middle of the night and wake me up several times which make it impossible to get a decent sleep. MMJ stops the spasms at once. I have to be picky about which type (phenol) so I get the good affects and not the hangover groggy feeling the next day.

RetroGrow

Veteran
MMJ stops the spasms in my bad leg. Normally my leg will start kicking in the middle of the night and wake me up several times which make it impossible to get a decent sleep. MMJ stops the spasms at once. I have to be picky about which type (phenol) so I get the good affects and not the hangover groggy feeling the next day.

I get something similar to that. Laying, asleep, on my back, and being awakened by severe pain in my knee, which had no weight on it! Bizarre. The only thing to do is massage it out and eventually it goes away. Hurts like hell, though.