What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What did you have for dinner tonight? Pleace show pic

Dragor

How did I overlook this AWESOME thread!@#$ Some mouth watering plates PEOPLE!
I love cooking too - Latin cuisin being my fav - here's some Cuban Arroz con Pollo...
CubanArrozconPollo.jpg

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a yummmy time of year, the garden is rockin and all that work has finally paid off! ...I get to have one of my fav dishes, fresh tomatoes,basil,and mozzarella!!

Its not what we had for dinner but it sure is yummmmy :D

Lucky 7

A pair of 20" Rainbows with bacon & 'shrooms . . .

Mrs Babba, put those 'maters on some toast points & they'd serve them in the main dining room at Delmonico's . . . mmmm

Paddi, that Mex looks awesome!

And for desert, Nirvana's Purple Power

Oli4

This was my meal tonight , Orloff with (the best belgian)frites and a little mayo ... .
It's a slice of porc meat then a slice of cheese then a slice of ham then the same pattern again and again with a sauce with muschrooms and this goes into the oven .
It was verry tasty,it just didnt looked that tasty ... .

Grtz :pimp3:

Oli4

JustinCase

Some King Crab

Spinach, Chicken Breast, some bow tie pasta topped with a nice alfredo sauce

Some Ling Ling pot sticker action

Chicken Caesar Salad

Home made cheese Pizza

Another Chicken Caesar Salad

Breaded Chicken Hearts

Curry(Early On)

Curry(done)

Cheesy Hashbrowns with sausage and hamburger

Oli4

Wonton soup

Wonton soup

Tonight i helped preparing some wonton soup 餛飩 with my lovely wife, it was delicious.

For those who dont know what won ton is, here's a little explanation .

The wonton is believed to date back to 206 BC. Others suggest it was introduced by the 17th century CE Qing Dynasty.

Filling

The filling is typically made of:

Minced pork Coarsely diced or whole shrimp
Finely minced ginger and onions
Sesame oil and soy sauce.
To make a wonton, spread a single wrapper square across the palm of one hand, place a small clump of filling in the center, and seal the wonton into the desired shape by compressing the wrapper's edges together with the fingers. Adhesion may be improved by moistening the wrapper's inner edges, typically by dipping one's fingertip into plain water and running it across the dry dough to dissolve the extra flour. As part of the sealing process, air should be "burped" out of the interior to avoid rupturing the wonton from internal pressure when cooked.

Shapes and cooking methods

A bowl of wonton noodle soupWontons are commonly boiled and served in soup or sometimes deep-fried. Several different shapes are common, depending on the region and cooking method.

The most versatile shape is a simple right triangle, made by bringing two opposite corners together to fold the square in half. Its flat profile allows it to be pan-fried like a potsticker, as well as boiled or deep-fried.

A more globular wonton can be formed by bringing all four corners together and sealing the inner edges together in that configuration, resulting in a shape reminiscent of a stereotypical hobo's bindle made by tying all four corners of a bandanna together. The much larger Australian deep-fried dim sim has a similar shape, but normal wontons in this configuration are more commonly served in soup.

A related kind of wonton is made by using the same kind of wrapper, but applying only a minute amount of filling (frequently meat) and quickly closing the wrapper-holding hand, sealing the wonton into an unevenly squashed shape. These are called xiao huntun (literally "little wonton") and are invariably served in a soup, often with condiments such as pickles, ginger, sesame oil, and cilantro (coriander leaves).

Here are the pics

Yeah its me making these wraps , its a little like rolling a blunt :muahaha:

Grtz :pimp3:

Oli4

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
^^damn...that looks so delicious I could eat all four of those portions....all at once right now...and break my 3000 calorie per day limit...lmao^^

Last edited:

Tjinez

southflorida said:
^^damn...that looks so delicious I could eat all four of those portions....all at once right now...and break my 3000 calorie per day limit...lmao^^

Haha! Can't really say I eat healthy, but who cares ;D fat food ftw!

Today's lunch looks a bit healthier but i doubt it is:

food6qy3.png