What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What did you get for Christmas?

BudToaster

Veteran
blessed with two White Widow plants, almost ready to harvest ... samples so far are outstanding. waiting for the amber. 12 weeks in flower so far - took about a year of effort to get to this point. discipline pays off.

next up: C99, AK47, WW and a CBD. should go into flower when the two WW come out of the cab. and a bunch of seeds to start: C99 (again, can't get enough), blue dream, bruce banner, lambs bread, sour diesel.

and another shot at trying to grow some shrooms.

and Minimus New Balance shoes.

xtsho

My wonderful lady got me a six pack of IPA. I haven't had this one before. Not bad and 9% alcohol by volume. The perfect gift for a beer drinker like myself. I think she's trying to get me liquored up so she can take advantage of me later tonight.

alwaydownipa.jpg

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
sounds like you're gonna grind up your pet rabbit...
lol Nah, just a lot of meat rabbits. I'm extracting the glutamic and amino acids from them. Mwahahahahahahaha! Think Red Boat fish sauce, but made with rabbit and no fish. ;)

(Edit: It's a "Meat Garum," so all the yummy/umami/complex flavors from the rabbit, concentrated in liquid form. I'm hoping they'll taste fantastic in this form when added to other foods, but time will tell. Smells very good so far!)

Last edited:

xtsho

I can report back with full details of what I got for Christmas. I got a full belly. I must have eaten close to 32oz / 900g of beef yesterday. I ate so much that for the first time in months I skipped breakfast this morning. I usually wake up hungry but not today.

I also got to see/talk to family members scattered across the country on a Zoom meeting I setup. I've been doing this for quite a few years and it's really nice to have everyone all together where we can all see and talk at the same time. Everyone seems to enjoy it and so far everyone has attended. My sister was in Grand Cayman and joined on her cell phone. She got to see her two daughters and she thanked me later in a text.

Even if you're not together physically it's still great to have everyone together in a video chat. Family and good food is all I need or want on Christmas.

And one other thing :smoweed:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
long-sleeved shirts with NO holes in them, :whistling: and some killer thick socks to wear hunting. dined on some great smoked ham slices, deviled eggs, mashed taters, green beans i broke/strung, Sister Schuberts yeast rolls, etc. as usual, i gilded the lily and fried my ham slices in melted brown sugar and butter. FUCK diabetes...🖕:good:

SubGirl

420club
lol Nah, just a lot of meat rabbits. I'm extracting the glutamic and amino acids from them. Mwahahahahahahaha! Think Red Boat fish sauce, but made with rabbit and no fish. ;)

(Edit: It's a "Meat Garum," so all the yummy/umami/complex flavors from the rabbit, concentrated in liquid form. I'm hoping they'll taste fantastic in this form when added to other foods, but time will tell. Smells very good so far!)
So you drink them instead of eat them? Have you no teeth DC?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
So you drink them instead of eat them? Have you no teeth DC?
When cooking, the addition of complex amino and glutamic acids (even small amounts) greatly enhances the existing flavors of a dish. With Asian and fish based dishes you can simply use something like Red Boat Fish Sauce, or a high quality soy/shoyu sauce. The downside is there are many meat dishes which are not made better through fish or soy flavored additions.

The other downside is the majority of non-fish meats require using koji as a source of digestive enzymes for the fermentation process. Aside from tuleremia and pneumonia type issues in sick ones, rabbits have no human pathogens and (unlike most domesticated animals) can be treated like fish and fermented without koji.

The meat grinder for xmas means (eventually) a "to die for" ingredient for signature meat dishes. My goal is to reach a glutamic acid level on par with Red Boat Fish Sauce. Off the charts 'wow' flavor for beef, chicken, rabbit and other meats.. ;)

shithawk420

Veteran
When cooking, the addition of complex amino and glutamic acids (even small amounts) greatly enhances the existing flavors of a dish. With Asian and fish based dishes you can simply use something like Red Boat Fish Sauce, or a high quality soy/shoyu sauce. The downside is there are many meat dishes which are not made better through fish or soy flavored additions.

The other downside is the majority of non-fish meats require using koji as a source of digestive enzymes for the fermentation process. Aside from tuleremia and pneumonia type issues in sick ones, rabbits have no human pathogens and (unlike most domesticated animals) can be treated like fish and fermented without koji.

The meat grinder for xmas means (eventually) a "to die for" ingredient for signature meat dishes. My goal is to reach a glutamic acid level on par with Red Boat Fish Sauce. Off the charts 'wow' flavor for beef, chicken, rabbit and other meats.. ;)
i like to think a know a lot about cooking but you got me here. Can you explain this a little more and what is Red Boat Fish Sauce? Are you saying you plan on making bonito sauce except with rabbit? The fuck kinda ancient cooking you learn from? you got me intrigued sir.