What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what BANDS have you seen?

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saw Prince on the Purple Rain tour at Madison square garden New York City 1984

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
This one was work thing . . . Diana Krall at Jazz à Vienne with Avishai Cohen as the opener. It was super cool to sit in a Roman theater (with surprisingly good acoustics) watching modern jazz - although cushions on stone are really not that comfortable for very long. He rocked and she sucked so badly that we left before she had finished her set.

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Steel Pulse, ziggy, damian, stephen and rita marley, toots, inner circle, carlos santana, the wailers, john brown's body, zen tricksters, credence clearwater revisited, the moody blues, the spin doctors, phish, Brit floyd........

Still a few I am not thinking of

Leftover salmon, Moe, beats antique, too many zoos, house of waters.......

Definitely still a few more I'm not remembering.

I'm starting to see why some people saved their ticket stubs.

Cloneman

Veteran
I'm starting to see why some people saved their ticket stubs.

Yeah your right there, i had a quick look at mine from the seventies and there's one for Zeppelin that i don't even remember..

Mind you the 70's was very hedonistic for me, wine women and song and drugs of course

imiubu

Brand X with Phil Collins on Drums. First time I'd seen a left handed drummer. It was an excellent show.

How could I forget seeing my all time favorite drummer???
Billy Cobham. Most excellent show also.

Shoulda saved more of those ticket stubs ;)

Gry

Veteran
Worst concert experience hands down, wanted to see ZZ Top.
Some band I never heard of called Kiss opened for them.
ZZ Top delivered well.

Cloneman

Veteran
Little Stevie Wonder Tottenham Royal north London 1966

Little Stevie Wonder Tottenham Royal north London 1966

I was 15, so was he, excellent.

HARMONICA!

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was 15, so was he, excellent.

HARMONICA!

Did you get to see this guy??? >>>
picture.php

Cloneman

Veteran

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I haven't been to many concerts.
I saw Kiss and Ted Nugent back in 2000 or so.
Then saw Kid Rock and Puddle of mud.
Last concert I was at was Hank Williams jr.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Ratt at Mama Kin' (Aerosmith's bar) in Boston. 1996, fake ID. Was 5 feet from the stage and they had the amplifiers turned way up. They opened with "Back for More." Great show.

imiubu

Worst concert experience hands down, wanted to see ZZ Top.
Some band I never heard of called Kiss opened for them.
ZZ Top delivered well.

At one of the several Frank Zappa concerts I had the great fortune to attend, the opening act was Ram Jam. :biglaugh:
They were booed off the stage haha. Who was that tour manager anyway? lol

Frank and the band were exceptional as always, however.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I remember getting a call from my frantic crying wife (new girlfriend at the time) who was at Oz Fest at the Nissan Pavilion in northern Virginia. She was having a panic attack and got separated from her friends and her ride home.
Near a mosh pit during a anxiety attack can't be fun.
I told her I was on my way, I had no idea how to find her, I just left. Somehow out of thousands of folks outside the concert I found her. As soon as I got out of the car I saw her with a security guard, freaking the fuck out.
I got to pretend to be superhero for a day. Lol. But she wasn't pretending, she kept saying it was a miracle that I found her, and I saved her. Lol.
I'll never forget the way she jumped into my arms.. fell even more head over heels for her.

Tynehead Tom

Iron Maiden , Judas Priest, AC DC (x2) , Pink Floyd, Metallica (x4) , Pantera (x2), Tool, Vanhalen (x2) , Petra, U2 (x5), Barnabas, Justus, Evenesence, D.O.A. (many times), hmmm..... who else.....Black Sabbath , Ozzy x 2 Dire Straights, Nazareth, Prism, NO-FX, Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, Jane's Addiction, and more I can't think of at the moment LOL

Gry

Veteran
At one of the several Frank Zappa concerts I had the great fortune to attend, the opening act was Ram Jam. :biglaugh:
They were booed off the stage haha. Who was that tour manager anyway? lol

Frank and the band were exceptional as always, however.
Frank always delivered an excellent show.

Latest posts

Latest posts