What's new

what are you yielding????

bickeyb

hey fellow hydro grower! :tiphat:
im just curious as to what people are yielding in hydro systems. my last hydro grow went really well and with 3 plants in dwc, my yield was just under 7 ounces dried with 1 week veg under 1 1kwatt light.

im putting 3 more 1k lights up for a total of 4k, and i want to be able to harvest 1 light every 2weeks and be able to hit 2 lbs every 2 weeks. so if i did 16 plant dwc with 1 week veg i would probably hit that number, but i need to cut it down to 6 plants under each light. how long should i be vegging before putting them into flower?

El Toker

im just curious as to what people are yielding in hydro systems. my last hydro grow went really well and with 3 plants in dwc, my yield was just under 7 ounces dried with 1 week veg under 1 1kwatt light.

That's just under .2 gpw

7 ounces = 28*7 grammes = 196 grammes.

I'd regard anything less that 0.5 gpw (grammes per Watt) as a poor yield.

Most people are probably getting at least 0.5 gpw with a few experienced growers getting 1 gpw and over.

how long should i be vegging before putting them into flower?
You've got to know, in advance, how much the plant will stretch when switched to 12/12. Then you need to judge it so that the plant stretches to fill the canopy and capture nearly all the light. It usually takes the experience of a couple of grows with a plant to judge it accurately.

S

SCROG McDuck

im putting 3 more 1k lights up for a total of 4k, and i want to be able to harvest 1 light every 2weeks and be able to hit 2 lbs every 2 weeks. so if i did 16 plant dwc with 1 week veg i would probably hit that number, but i need to cut it down to 6 plants under each light. how long should i be vegging before putting them into flower?

If you are starting from seed and gave 1 only 1 week veg, not bad, 7oz..
but if you're starting from clone.. could be better.

A seed is 'programmed' to run some number of days from seedling, thru veg and then thru bloom (let's say 175 days). We are taking a , plant thru this process in around 100 days..

that seeds' physical maturity isnt happening untill 50-100 days after harvest, when we control the lights.

Cloneing is a way to have the plant at physically mature point in its growing cycle at harvest, for max yield.

but like ET said.. 'how much room do you have'?
more room, more veg., more yield (< or more light!

bickeyb

That's just under .2 gpw

7 ounces = 28*7 grammes = 196 grammes.

I'd regard anything less that 0.5 gpw (grammes per Watt) as a poor yield.

Most people are probably getting at least 0.5 gpw with a few experienced growers getting 1 gpw and over.

You've got to know, in advance, how much the plant will stretch when switched to 12/12. Then you need to judge it so that the plant stretches to fill the canopy and capture nearly all the light. It usually takes the experience of a couple of grows with a plant to judge it accurately.

3 hydro plants yielded 7 oz, i had another 10 or so plants in soil next to them...

If you are starting from seed and gave 1 only 1 week veg, not bad, 7oz..
but if you're starting from clone.. could be better.

A seed is 'programmed' to run some number of days from seedling, thru veg and then thru bloom (let's say 175 days). We are taking a , plant thru this process in around 100 days..

that seeds' physical maturity isnt happening untill 50-100 days after harvest, when we control the lights.

Cloneing is a way to have the plant at physically mature point in its growing cycle at harvest, for max yield.

but like ET said.. 'how much room do you have'?
more room, more veg., more yield (< or more light!

i have a small bedroom for bloom and a nice size closet with a 600 watt for veg.

heres whats in flower right now with 1 1k watt
room1-1.jpg

this was my hydro grow you can see them in the far back
DSC01298.jpg

i need to know how long of a veg im going to need to hit 1gram a watt. becuz i dont think if i veg for a week and throw them into flower they can get big enough to yield that much.
also they are all clones no seeds

jd4083

Veteran
please do yourself a favor and try a search for the 1g/watt myth... and also search for why people should stop posting about things they're not well acquainted with so as to help stop the spread of mis-information. And I don't mean you OP. :tiphat:

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran

Just enough room for me to sit folks.
not to large, 4'x7'x7'(high)
42 girls flipped at 16-18inches
all topped 10 days before flipping
800watts total with one hps, one mh
should get between 20-24 oz's
quick 3.5 week veg.

B. Friendly

Veteran
please do yourself a favor and try a search for the 1g/watt myth... and also search for why people should stop posting about things they're not well acquainted with so as to help stop the spread of mis-information. And I don't mean you OP. :tiphat:
1g per watt is not a myth, it's around 2p's per 1000watts,
doable with a good yeilder, and with about 30-40 girls all topped, plus it works a hell of alot better with smaller bulbs.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=194145
just flipped my girls yesterday, keep watchin cuz even tho I have a shitty yeilder Purple Kush, I'll still get extremely close, give a good grower a high yeilder with a good grow and few problems and they will pull it off.
you just need good enviro controls,
co2,
dehumidifier
swamp/water fan
ph testing
quality nuts

Last edited:

blownupboy

what do you mean 1g/watt myth? i tried to search for that and got results on everything else. if 1g/watt is not a realistic goal for an indoor hydro, what do you think would be realistic?

jd4083

Veteran
Let me rephrase... it is my opinion, as well as the opinion of a fair amount of others, that using grams per watt as an indicator of success is questionable at best. If you do a search for "grams per watt" you will find a thread that sums up the argument way better than my stoned, rambling ass could ever hope to at this point. In case anyone was wondering, yes -- you sure can put too much hash oil into your cookies.

B. Friendly

Veteran
all things being equal 1gram per watt is a good marker and used by me and alot of peeps

what else is there except grams per week per watt

jd4083

Veteran
all things being equal 1gram per watt is a good marker and used by me and alot of peeps

what else is there except grams per week per watt

Okay, let's settle on this then: not the worst short-term measure of yield ever devised, but also not a true measure of overall efficiency. Fair enough?

B. Friendly

Veteran
pounds per bulb is a good consistant way for a guy to know if they beat there past yeild

as long as you are keeping track in the same way you can tell yourself if you did better or worse

what's the best way to measure your accomplishments? I don't know

suggestions?

2pounds 4onces 1200watts

2pounds 4onces 1200watts

.85gpw under 2 600watt hps in 3 months is my personal best with 8 chronic clones veg for 4wks 4gallon soil, chems and organic.. clones where taken from mother when she was in early flowering. alot of big buds and popcorn too. Of course this was years ago.

bickeyb

thanks for all the comments guys but i think we have gone off topic, let me kinda rephrase the question..
for people who grow dwc under 1000 watt bulb, what veg time am i looking at with a medium to high yielding 8 to 9 week strain to hit 2 lbs with 6 plants?

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
Anywhere from 2 to 2.5 pounds per crop off one 1K hortilux bulb.and 6 plants.

Using lucas(gh) and hydrozyme and a blooming agent..

You cant seek advise on how many weeks in veg. they all vary in growth patterns and traits depending on strain. Ideally you want your plant branches. 2.5 to 3 feet tall after stretch in flower.. that's what i have found anyways.

jgrow

Like you were told before, trial and error you need to be acquainted with the strain, a few runs and you should have it down with that particular strain. Every single one is different no set amount of time in veg, no set height these are all variables the grower has to work out. Good luck.

thanks for all the comments guys but i think we have gone off topic, let me kinda rephrase the question..
for people who grow dwc under 1000 watt bulb, what veg time am i looking at with a medium to high yielding 8 to 9 week strain to hit 2 lbs with 6 plants?

Incognegro

Depends on strain, environment, and growing knowledge, (knowledge in general, and of your plants)

But a simple answer...

From rooted clone, if indy dom, veg for about 4-5 weeks, or better yet, til they're about 2.5feet tall, train to try and even out the canopy, but if you're talking about going vert as it seems in your pic you posted, you'll need to take the time to train your plants to grow around the bulb better, instead of just growing wildly.

Training, pruning and topping will be essential to achieve your projected goals in a limited amount of time...

OR

You can grow like you are, and just take the time to turn your plants frequently to get light on all sides, so one side isn't flourishing while the other side is negated and grows poorly.

But this is MY OPINION, nothing set in stone...

Latest posts

Latest posts