What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are you smoking right now UK?

Zaaboot_1

Hey Kal,,,
although many decades ago,,I remember many of us talking bout the white spots inside Temple Ball was it opiated or mold?,,,
never reached a conclusion bout that one,,,,,
fantastic hash either way,,,,,s2
my understanding is that depended mainly on when the plants were rubbed, the earlier in the day they would have a lot of dew on them and by the time they were balled up and essentially sealed the centre would get 'little streaks' of white mould from the residual remaining water

agreed - fantastic stuff

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
my understanding is that depended mainly on when the plants were rubbed, the earlier in the day they would have a lot of dew on them and by the time they were balled up and essentially sealed the centre would get 'little streaks' of white mould from the residual remaining water

agreed - fantastic stuff
Thanks for that Zaboot,,,,,
many hours were wasted in 79/80 trying to work that out and it usually ended with Oh well,,Fuck knows”😂,,,,s2

Zaaboot_1

there was certainly nothing quite like it, the smoothness of the smoke, and the clouds - do you remember the clouds the joints used to produce smoking that - you could see at the free parties who had the good hash by following their billows of smoke

ah shit, I sound like an old fart...when I was a lad, our smoke was so much smokier than it is these days 😂😂

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hey Kal,,,
although many decades ago,,I remember many of us talking bout the white spots inside Temple Ball was it opiated or mold?,,,
never reached a conclusion bout that one,,,,,
fantastic hash either way,,,,,s2
Could literally of been anything. The technique for making temple balls is pretty much the same as any hand rubbed hash. So quite easy to get quite a few impurities in there.

There are some very interesting traditions of storing / curing using sheep skin and burying in the ground, but these days (and probably all the stuff that was exported in the 90s) most is rushed out the door. Like many of the traditional hash producing nations, the very best usually stays at home. So yeah, also possible it was mould because they didn’t dry properly?

It’s unlikely that the hash was being mixed with poppy product by the majority of Nepalese farmers, unless they were very close to the Chinese border, or it was being added sometime before export. I can imagine it being added to old stock, or to pump up potency for international market.

Most farmers wouldn’t have links to international trade and would be making and selling for their localised area. The majority of the old school farmers would also probably look down on cutting their product. These days a lot has changed. Quality isn’t the same either. The best is still found in hard to access valleys in the mountains where traditional technique and gene pool are still intact.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
there was certainly nothing quite like it, the smoothness of the smoke, and the clouds - do you remember the clouds the joints used to produce smoking that - you could see at the free parties who had the good hash by following their billows of smoke

ah shit, I sound like an old fart...when I was a lad, our smoke was so much smokier than it is these days 😂😂
😂😂😂,,
ya not wrong ,,,some parties rooms were like Victorian London the smoke was so thick,,,,s2

Zaaboot_1

It’s unlikely that the hash was being mixed with poppy product by the majority of Nepalese farmers,
surely, the price of opium Vs the price of canna, it would be a costly thing to use to cut with.

I do remember in Thailand, there were times you would get 'black' weed (I wouldn't smoke it) - this was most certainly the remnants of the opium production over there. The story goes, used the 'dirty' water from processing the opium and rehydrate the weed with it then dry it out again, it did not cost them anything other than time - I understand this led to a lot of nasty addiction back in the day

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Just going back to the temple ball being laced with poppy. Seems like it’s very possible, especially if it was being shipped out of mainland India. Although the reference isn’t to temple ball…

Saw this in the vintage cannabis thread on the first page. Page from a 1975 weed mag. Prices seem right 😄

27FD085A-E579-4B90-9F8F-900A1C93CD59.jpeg

goingrey

Just going back to the temple ball being laced with poppy. Seems like it’s very possible, especially if it was being shipped out of mainland India. Although the reference isn’t to temple ball…

Saw this in the vintage cannabis thread on the first page. Page from a 1975 weed mag. Prices seem right 😄

View attachment 18810809
The "opiated" Bombay black was going for $10/oz in Mumbai but opium itself was going for $15-$25/hit in Calcutta if you check the very last line so can't have had much if at all...

Very interesting to see imported hash from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal.. Would have thought India to be more self-sufficient with the charas. Well, shows what I know.

window

Veteran
No opium in hash, just myths from the late 60s early 70s imho. The white streaks were probably mould from water added to too dry or poor quality resins to help bind and press, along with heat. This practice is still done today by the looks of it, just this morning I was watching a video on YouTube of an Afghan guy using water and heat to press hash.
This is most probably done with resin from second or third quality sieving’s that are too hard to press naturally and have trouble binding. First sieved are of the best quality and require neither water or heat to bind, Just pressure from hands or machine presses to form solid mass.
I’m pretty sure Rob Clark dispels the opiated myth in his book Hashish with the same sort of explanation, just better and more detailed if I remember right.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
No opium in hash, just myths from the late 60s early 70s imho. The white streaks were probably mould from water added to too dry or poor quality resins to help bind and press, along with heat. This practice is still done today by the looks of it, just this morning I was watching a video on YouTube of an Afghan guy using water and heat to press hash.
This is most probably done with resin from second or third quality sieving’s that are too hard to press naturally and have trouble binding. First sieved are of the best quality and require neither water or heat to bind, Just pressure from hands or machine presses to form solid mass.
I’m pretty sure Rob Clark dispels the opiated myth in his book Hashish with the same sort of explanation, just better and more detailed if I remember right.

I agree, was recently watching a vid from irrazinig on IG showing hash production I think in pakistan, but they show production tech from all over asia and afghanistan. In the vid they had a huge bag of unpressed hash and as they broke into the giant multi kilo sized clumps there were thick patches of white mould inside.

It's really interesting but also quite worrying some of the things that go on, particularly the adulterated gold seal. Check out their account if you're into hash old school hash.

Peace

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After having a negative effect from High THC,,,
fruit that family n friends love and can’t get enough of,,,

i abstained for a number of days and had some simple Rocky Hash brought over,,,,,
clean,,undertones of flower/perfume and a gentle stone,,,s2
0C12EB99-0E35-4B09-BF59-D2FE399BBFCB.jpeg
673EF005-55CF-4275-8641-340424139FEE.jpeg
C7E0BFCE-8E93-49CB-81AA-0894C6F2C8CF.jpeg

Last edited:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
orange cookies ...

oranges is a generic taste as in there are quite a few available and there all v.sim ...

oranges/grapefruit v.sim the best ones are always mixed with a diesel/gassy terp ... grapefruit diesel or tangie x sour d / ecsd etc

this has the orange diesel mixed with something sweeter in the centre ... leaves a very loud tropical after taste on the pallette and the effects are above average. fills the air with and orange aroma when smoked... people will instantly recognise the orange smell . goes well with a cup of coffee but i get bored of orange strains pretty quickly although its lovely to see people keeping the theme going ..