What's new

What are you smoking right now UK?

bimblebrains_1

I remember Zero Zero from the late 70s/early 80s,,,,
Red Seal,,,Temple Ball,,,
we had some great hash back then,,,
my first whitey was from being greedy with temple ball,,,😩😂,,,s2
i was only born in 1980 but i was smoking by mid 90's and late 90's/early 2000's we were getting books sent over from india with half kilos of parvati and manali charas cut in to the pages,very occasionly some of the cream from malana as well,dhl used to deliver it,went on for about 5 years the suckers...i was squatting in hackney around that time and saw some amazing hash's as well,primo maroc caramello's and nepalese cream,shit like that...oh the good old days!! bimble

Snoemaker

Yer lets hope some folks there have the saavy to preserve the old lines and those twats havent fucked it for good,ahh ok well thats a good sign that you've had some more traditional smelling bits too...i know what you mean by the soft yellow sandy bars,used to see alot of those circa 2006 - 2012 ish around my way..you could rub them up in to black as well,very nice
Yeh ur bang on with the years of that pollen. I’ve not seen it* since 2012. I use to live* in spain and I could get these bars by the lorry load.

Last edited:
Been smokin since 1977 all the best of stuff gold leb, red leb, gold seal black, red seal black, sputnik, zero zero, templeball, turkish, rocky, african bush, wtf happened??? ive no idea about the history but id love to smell something reminiscent of any of them Id be up for buying a bar at any price 🤪

RudeDog

Veteran
Deathstar Bubba from Two Dog seeds. Great smoke, potent tasty weed. Tones of coffee and diesel to be had in the thick smoke.

Disappointed I didn't keep a cutting but have a Chem 91 x Bubba and Chem D x Bubba in flower which I've got cuts of.

20230122_143650.jpg

Zaaboot_1

Yeh ur bang on with the years of that pollen. I’ve not seen in since 2012. I use to love in spain and I could get these bars by the lorry load.
that was the quality flat press, nice and blonde, pliable and scented beautifully, old school style, very nice indeedy - every now and then some nice turns up that has not been 'spoilt', there was some maroc recently that was the real deal but there were only a couple of bars so I took them all for myself ;-)
Hand rolled or decent blacks are becoming increasingly hard to find in blighty, but since Lebanon went in to financial melt down their hash trade has increased and it is creeping back over here slowly, not the strongest in the world but the taste and smells are unique almost perfumy.
E8318A56-C1FD-460A-840A-ABC5DD58DE57.jpeg

my last few joints of red leb....it was so so tasty I got through the 100ish gram slap in quick time

that was the quality flat press, nice and blonde, pliable and scented beautifully, old school style, very nice indeedy - every now and then some nice turns up that has not been 'spoilt', there was some maroc recently that was the real deal but there were only a couple of bars so I took them all for myself ;-)
Hand rolled or decent blacks are becoming increasingly hard to find in blighty, but since Lebanon went in to financial melt down their hash trade has increased and it is creeping back over here slowly, not the strongest in the world but the taste and smells are unique almost perfumy.

View attachment 18805821
my last few joints of red leb....it was so so tasty I got through the 100ish gram slap in quick time
Wow man that looks crazy good not seen a bit like that in years im drooling

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was only born in 1980 but i was smoking by mid 90's and late 90's/early 2000's we were getting books sent over from india with half kilos of parvati and manali charas cut in to the pages,very occasionly some of the cream from malana as well,dhl used to deliver it,went on for about 5 years the suckers...i was squatting in hackney around that time and saw some amazing hash's as well,primo maroc caramello's and nepalese cream,shit like that...oh the good old days!! bimble
Hackney ? ,,,I’m assuming you were plotted up around London Fields / Well St Common back then maybe even Hoxton ?,,,
good luck trying to squat in those gaffes nowadays as they start at £1.5Mil,,,
my missus is from Hackney and I’m out of TH,,,,
always had top hash in the East back then,,,s2

bimblebrains_1

Hackney ? ,,,I’m assuming you were plotted up around London Fields / Well St Common back then maybe even Hoxton ?,,,
good luck trying to squat in those gaffes nowadays as they start at £1.5Mil,,,
my missus is from Hackney and I’m out of TH,,,,
always had top hash in the East back then,,,s2
Went to a few raves in london fields/well st common but not been down to Hoxton,well not that remember haha but could well have done,was on a lot of drugs back then.
We had a couple places down Dalston lane and Tyssen st and yeah man one building my friend thru parties in called the theatre factory is a massive block of million £ flats nowadays,crazy...was up at Hackney wick as well for a bit,just up the canal from the big breakfast studio lol...
Ahh your a TH boy are ya,my families from Enfield but they moved out of the city when i was real young.
Ahh mate there were some amazing hash's down that way back then,got probably the best import i've ever seen to date from these israeli's in camden stables market as well...nepalese cream that would melt in the pocket if you wernt careful....worse problems to have tho right!
oh the memories... cheers bimble

Last edited:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I remember Zero Zero from the late 70s/early 80s,,,,
Red Seal,,,Temple Ball,,,
we had some great hash back then,,,
my first whitey was from being greedy with temple ball,,,😩😂,,,s2
We weren’t lucky enough to get temple ball, Parvati and charas in mid 90s out west. Pretty sure it was all getting hovered up by you lot before it reached us 😉 I remember zero zero and copious amounts of the red and gold seal coming through though. That shit was thick from 96 onward. Literally the only hash available at one point. Good thing too, the pollen had really taken a turn for the worst around that time for us.

bimblebrains_1

Cheers bro,,,,
As good as the hash was,,,
early 80s ,,our weed was unbelievable,,,,
Lambsbred,,,Thai Stick,,,Malawi ( never liked that liquorice nasty) ,,etc,,,s2
mate youre making me drool...its the only reason i can think of that i would want to be older than i actually am..to try those proper unadulterated varieties!! grown in the places of origin at the correct lattitudes ..must have been mind blowing bro...

bimblebrains_1

We weren’t lucky enough to get temple ball, Parvati and charas in mid 90s out west. Pretty sure it was all getting hovered up by you lot before it reached us 😉 I remember zero zero and copious amounts of the red and gold seal coming through though. That shit was thick from 96 onward. Literally the only hash available at one point. Good thing too, the pollen had really taken a turn for the worst around that time for us.
i hear you on that on that mate...endless amounts of red and gold seal from like you say around 96,really good as well,used to pay 1800 on the box in brighton for years but then few years later the quality went down and the price doubled almost over night... in line with the our invasion of Afghanistan i assume

Last edited:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
mate youre making me drool...its the only reason i can think of that i would want to be older than i actually am..to try those proper unadulterated varieties!! grown in the places of origin at the correct lattitudes ..must have been mind blowing bro...
Lambsbred would give you a sore stomach from laughing ,almost like a trip,,,
used to come wrapped up in betting slips or the racing pages of the Mirror and Sun,,,,from the dreads ,,,,,,bag appeal was shit but the greatest smoke for me,,,,,,3 lugs and redeye like ya wouldn’t believe,,,
£25 a qtr in 79,,,that was a shitload of dough back then ,,,,s2

Zaaboot_1

I love all real hash and weed, I am forever on the hunt, scouring the land like a stalker - was lucky during December, along with the Leb that I posted up on here, I managed to get my mitts on some lovely Jamaican weed, real old school and dried and cured as it should be - essentially it is the end product comes out similar to cob cured flowers. The flowers are allowed to start 'fermenting' before being fully sealed tight to stop that process, what ever magic takes place it is certainly with while - god lord, as much nice buds as there are floating around, I cannot stop smoking this stuff. A very fine specimen that took me back years.
Also got some Thai, which was also the real deal, clearly not any form of hybrid, but it was badly dried and by the time it reached the Uk was not great - but it still had the warm noters you get from Thai.

It is a shame as there is a place in everyone's stash for quality "old world' smokes - but I remember when the hash all went to shit, happened very quickly, all the South Asian hash disappeared (Indian, Pakistan, Afghani etc...), the Leb dried up pretty quickly and the country was flooded with heavily adulterated low grade Moroccan, Soap bar, the problem is people actually bought that shit so it kept coming - the real stuff was still being made in abundance but we only got what people were making lots of money from.

I have noticed over the last few years there has certainly been an uptick of pollens, and hash's and even some nice old weeds coming through, a lot of the pollens are clearly made/grown in Morocco but the flowers are not beledia or anything of the sorts, so the quality is very high, but lacks the full spectrum you get from the old world plants, either way the quality is very acceptable - long may it continue!

Jamaican - it really is a nice bit of weed, coffee and sweetness are the dominating notes on the nose and in smoke it becomes more peppery. The high is glorious, this morning for example, I got through a fattie then jumped up and mopped the house, did the hoovering, and generally did an early spring clean. It certainly puts a spring in your step...just lovely
90DD3FF6-5EEF-4D5D-97BC-800E23FAD241.jpeg

And I must add it was dried, and packed to perfection, not dry at all, still a touch sticky and the seeds are fully formed and complete so it was not pressed to buggery either.

Take care all
Z

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Kal,,,
although many decades ago,,I remember many of us talking bout the white spots inside Temple Ball was it opiated or mold?,,,
never reached a conclusion bout that one,,,,,
fantastic hash either way,,,,,s2