What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
yup. i like to mix them with whole kernel corn, add a little butter and pepper, and have them with mashed taters. i shove them into the taters to make it easier to eat them with a fork instead of chasing the damn things all over the table.

My favorite memories of peas from my early childhood was taking the mashed potatoes and smooshing the peas into them on the back of the fork and capping it off by stabbing the little piece of salmon patty onto the front and making sure that I had just the right portions to make every bite of Wednesday night dinner last in proportion.

These days I don't make that meal nearly as often as my mother did but I still love the texture of mashed potatoes picking up a layer of peas in the same bite!!

I'd say that it's almost uncanny but it's common sense once you are in the know!!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I'd say that it's almost uncanny but it's common sense once you are in the know!!
i didn't pick up on the trick until i was in basic training, and you had 5 minutes to eat. when i was little, my mom said i'd damn near cry if any food on my plate touched any of the others. it's surprising looking back that my Dad didn't remove me from the gene pool early on...:shucks::biggrin:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
burger soup probably will make a few toasted cheesers to
IMG_0092.jpg

Ca++

I mistakenly bought some chicken tikka sausage. Shaped like a salami, in a tight plastic skin-like wrapper, it cost all of 31 pence/cents per 100g. This 500g/18oz donkey of a sausage, left little to the imagination.
iu

Having dropped it on it's end from 4" and seen in jump back up 2" like a rubber ball (so many times, it suddenly felt wrong), I decided to try a bit. It was here I realised, this is not sausage. It's a housewifes excuse for having a dong in the house. Which is something I never want to eat again.

Watch out for rubber sausage guys. You won't like it.