What's new

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

moose eater

Keto dark chocolate brownies, made with almond flour, crystaline monk fruit extract, and roasted almonds, topped with homemade whipped cream made from 40% heavy whipping cream, with a touch of maple syrup and pure vanilla extract added.

They're a wee bit dangerous, I think.

Back to spreading organic amendments in the spud field... Maybe after another beer, or a half-beer, or.... ?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
just got back from an old fave eatery. new owner, i was scared it would drop off in quality. nothing, i'm happy to say, to be worried about. food was actually better than when the Fish Nazi ran the place. he had a letter from the Soup Nazi from "Seinfeld" on the wall signed from "one nazi to another" lol. food great, prices better, friendlier staff. FN COULD be a dick to work for. had a sign by cash register- if you sent someone there to work, and they stayed a week, YOU got a $100 bill. but tonight, the whitefish, popcorn shrimp, and fried corn on the cob was great! i ordered key lime pie for dessert; wife picked better & got the warm blackberry cake with chocolate and blackberry syrup drizzled over the cream cheese icing...amazing. :bow:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
picked up some fresh green beans today. sat & broke/removed strings with my wife, and boiled them with a pound of tiny red taters & nearly that much country ham scraps to flavor. went wonderful with the pan of corn bread she made...that sort of food tastes even better after lounging around in the fridge overnight...:yummy:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Well I have Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches....biscuits. put it in the microwave for 1:20 and it's perfect. Did that last night, woke up with horrible crap pains.
Have some nice egg salad from market. Some Oscar Meter hotdogs.
I don't eat anything until like 3pm.
Haven't heard of oat pasta but want to try Zuke noodles

Petrochemical

Fennel, sausage
20220702_102844.jpg

Attachments

• 20220702_102846.jpg
    20220702_102846.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 52

moose eater

In a few moments, mild breakfast sausage links X's 2, 1 egg over medium, a modest amount of hash browns made from the seed spuds we didn't plant (this morning we'll go with the French Fingerling spuds, I think; an old favorite), some cold green tea with lemon, a fist full of supplements and a couple of Rx's, and then back to a warm bed.

Smoke in the neighborhood from the forest fires was thick all night. Feel like I've been hanging out in a 1970s back-woods tavern with 150 cigarette smokers.

Cuddles

I only had salad again (I have a big salad practically every day) , today with some roasted potatoes.

Been meaning to make some bread and baguettes again, maybe mixed with oats this time.
Right now: I just made choc-oat biscuits , they´re in the oven and ready in about 10 minutes :) yummy !

moose eater

Uncured andouille sausage on a slice of sprouted whole grain Alverado St. Bakery Bread, with sliced sweet onions and no-sugar-added catsup (that's 'tomato sauce' for you Ozzies), a nice artisan lettuce and organic baby spinach salad with organic cabbage, organic broccoli, gorgonzola cheese, quinoa-based crakcers crumbled up for the croutons, and a homemade balsamic vinegar dressing made with H2O Balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, a lemon seltzer, and a cocktail made with 23 year old Guatemalan rum, seltzer, lemon juice, lime juice, a small amount of pommegranate juice, and a few ice cubes. Typically made with tequila, but I'm keeping a nice bottle of CasaAmigos Reposado for my trip to the Yukon Territory next week.... assuming we make it there.

goingrey

wow, I´ve never cooked lima beans but been curious about them for some time. They really tate buttery? sounds nice, gonna have to try them out!

I´ve never ever heard of oat pasta before though.
Yes indeed. I think some people even call them butterbeans. Delicious.

Oat pasta... I think it's quite common nowadays. If you don't find any in the pasta section of your grocery store maybe they have a "gluten free" shelf somewhere. Italians might scoff at the idea of oat pasta, but some Italian brands also make it. :dunno:

Today I will eat veggie burgers. Some kind of new store's own brand patties, pea protein based. Will be interesting to see what they are like. Buns from a small local bakery. Some Gouda cheese, fried onions, maybe even a fan leaf from the tent as "lettuce". Veggie processed foods have really come a long way during the last few years. Making even vegetables unhealthy! :D But hopefully good tasting.

Cuddles

Yes indeed. I think some people even call them butterbeans. Delicious.

Oat pasta... I think it's quite common nowadays. If you don't find any in the pasta section of your grocery store maybe they have a "gluten free" shelf somewhere. Italians might scoff at the idea of oat pasta, but some Italian brands also make it. :dunno:

Today I will eat veggie burgers. Some kind of new store's own brand patties, pea protein based. Will be interesting to see what they are like. Buns from a small local bakery. Some Gouda cheese, fried onions, maybe even a fan leaf from the tent as "lettuce". Veggie processed foods have really come a long way during the last few years. Making even vegetables unhealthy! :D But hopefully good tasting.
I gotta google this type of pasta soon. I´m lucky my local supermarket carries non-wheat pasta at all, let alone oat pasta ;) Maybe I can order it online. I bet it costs a lot more though.

Cuddles

okay I checked for oat pasta and it´s just as I expected - really expensive. 250 g for 2.90 EUR plus shipping. Need to keep looking ...