What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

rod58

yeah tycho , good job but while ya at it i'll pm my address so you can send me some !

breakfast ; same as yesterday , bacon and eggs .

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I just said no to a free takeaway as I had something needs eating. Home now, cooked it, sat here looking at the mushrooms in it I don't eat. Wounded. I missed the shop to so it's toast now. Could of been stuffing myself with fast food :(

G

Just made a mountain of General Tao chicken.
View Image
I keep the chicken separate and put the sauce in pouches using my vacuum sealer. I freeze the lot and send it to my 21 year old son who's living the party/work/play life with his friends. His diet consists of toast and peanut butter. lol. He'll get 2 dozen meals out of it. All he needs to add is white rice and veggies (he probably won't bother with this part).

I make something for him once a month to keep his freezer stocked with quick microwavable meals. Shepard's Pie, Lasagna, Beef Stew, and the odd batch of half cooked Pizzas, calzones and whatever else is easy and quick.

Some ask "Why are you doing all that for him. Let him make his own food." My diet at that age was as fucking bad, and there are long term consequences because of it. I thought parenting was over once they moved out. Wrong.

Just wait until he starts bringing his friends home for Spring break, and expects the same treatment!! <just kidding> :laughing:

High lycopene red sauce with plant-based sausages, sweet onion, celery, mushrooms and egg plant, over shredded spaghetti squash, as an alternative pasta substitute, along with some smoked almonds, and a jar full of RO H2O.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
That fast food will kill you faster than covid. lol

yeah tycho , good job but while ya at it i'll pm my address so you can send me some !

breakfast ; same as yesterday , bacon and eggs .
Want molasses with bacon fat to dip your toast in? lol

The day my doc says I'm dying, I'm eating all the shit I want. Hot dogs and baloney too. So there.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
^^^

just don't eat the Spam....

I pretty much eat what I feel like eating.. Even though I should cut down on the empty carb snacks..(Wheat Thins, Goldfish, etc.)

But I'm old and 6 feet tall and under 180 lbs. and fitting easily in 34 inch trousers with no overhang, so I just don't give a shit what anyone says anymore

Akss

No carbs for me bacon and eggs for dinner tonight. I should really get my lazy ass to the store...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Just wait until he starts bringing his friends home for Spring break, and expects the same treatment!! <just kidding> :laughing:

High lycopene red sauce with plant-based sausages, sweet onion, celery, mushrooms and egg plant, over shredded spaghetti squash, as an alternative pasta substitute, along with some smoked almonds, and a jar full of RO H2O.

I grew spaghetti squash for the first time last year. It's awesome! I also have a zucchini noodle machine. It's pretty good too.

G

I grew spaghetti squash for the first time last year. It's awesome! I also have a zucchini noodle machine. It's pretty good too.

A former friend who lives on Vancouver Island, from the Yukon Territory days, sent us some Delicata seeds (a type of spaghetti squash) maybe 20+ years ago, and the veggie beds were very good back then. They grew very nicely and were tasty.

They work great as alternative pasta, but when I was slamming down loads of potassium for specific reasons, I went with Danish/acorn squash, and butternut, which were substantially higher in K.

Not sure where hybrids like Sweet Mama (a nice winter squash) are on the nutritional scale. My guess would be very decent. They're some tasty buggers, too.

vanilla dutch

Fast food restaurant Burgerking. The inside is open even during the panademic. 10$

Attachments

• IMG_20210130_163805_01.jpg
    IMG_20210130_163805_01.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 10

Cuddles

not eating yet but I got my second ever bread in the oven right now. Tried one last week -without yeast and went for ordinary baking soda instead (the kind I use to take a bath in) man that smelled and tasted disgusting!
I made another one tonight with proper baking soda and it smells much nicer! Also I used almond-oatmilk instead of just water and I added a little butter as well.

Very curious how this one will turn out :)

Cuddles

Fast food restaurant Burgerking. The inside is open even during the panademic. 10$
omg I love burger king. I went through a period of years and I was addicted to Big Kings and chilli cheese burgers!
The crazy thing was that during the first year that a Burger King place opened near me back then, was that I lost weight! funny huh?
mind you, back then their prices were still reasonable for a simple burger.

G

Pistachios, freshly smashed guacamole on quinoa and flax seed (Crunchmaster) crackers, a qt. jar of RO H2O, and maybe a plant-based kielbasa sausage of the lesser variety. Won't get more good ones until the substandard ones are gone.