What's new

What are you drinking?

moose eater

Green tea.

The morning breakfast stout, coupled with some pungent scissor hash from an old cannister, put me on the 'watching Black Sails' theme for a couple of hours, so I'm getting a late start on necessary work. Which means working after sundown at this point,. Which means headlamps. Which undoubtedly means batteries.

The costly ripple effect of lethargy.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
My bad... it's likely contagious.

I only accomplished half of what I set out to today.

I'm going to get myself a consolation drink, but you should get more accomplished!

I'm rooting for you. Let me know if you get thirsty...

moose eater

I just constructed 2 week-long pill trays, posted a couple replies, and now I'm headed out to the barn.. I swear it.

Tonight is more straightening and sorting in the basement, and sorting tackle boxes/lures and gear for the trip next month.

Gotta' check, and either charge or replace the emergency brake battery on the 4-place trailer, too.

Cutting mix for the angry, abused, neglected mothers in the shop. That's months overdue at this point.

"I've got the feeling, that today is the day.. I've got the feeling that today is the day..." (I can't remember what tune that lyric goes to, but it's probably a good day to put it on the stereo on a loop... I'll remember it here shortly, I'm sure..).

Edit: MAN!! That was parked in a crusty dusty corner, even for Google's data retention... But here it is.. Whew!! That was close!!

Last edited:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Och, the bonghits are not reversing the motivational flow Captain... *best Scotty voice I can muster*

The couch's gravity seems to be increasing Captain. *even more boring Spock voice*

Who

Keeps

Drinking my

Tea

*B-rate James "Chighrish" T Kirk mumble*

Yeah... I'm staying inside at this BAC.

moose eater

Och, the bonghits are not reversing the motivational flow Captain... *best Scotty voice I can muster*

The couch's gravity seems to be increasing Captain. *even more boring Spock voice*

Who

Keeps

Drinking my

Tea

*B-rate James "Chighrish" T Kirk mumble*

Yeah... I'm staying inside at this BAC.
It's the Klingon tractor beam from the couch vortex in the neutral zone.

Give-'er all she's got!!

moose eater

Maybe it's time for you to switch to the dark roast Jedi....

:bigeye:

I hope that Lucas doesn't sue me.

I'd never recover.
Ironically, after refilling the dog water buckets at the untreated well-water spigot in the basement, on my way out to the compost with 2 buckets of compost to deposit at the bin (aka, the 'moose buffet') out back, I did just that; freshly ground French Roast beans in a nice thick dark coffee, with 40% heavy whipping cream. I'm on a roll.

At least it feels that way. Probably right up until my back starts hurting again.

Green Squall

Ironically, after refilling the dog water buckets at the untreated well-water spigot in the basement, on my way out to the compost with 2 buckets of compost to deposit at the bin (aka, the 'moose buffet') out back, I did just that; freshly ground French Roast beans in a nice thick dark coffee, with 40% heavy whipping cream. I'm on a roll.

At least it feels that way. Probably right up until my back starts hurting again.
I've been drinking medium roast budget coffee from BJ's brand (Wellsley Farms) and I can't tell any difference from the more expensive stuff, although, I'm not really a coffee aficionado, so who knows.
-----------

Drinking Hendricks Gin tonight. For gin people, you'll either love or hate it. Some find using cucumber as a botanical is a sacrilege. Stuff is smooth as hell, but a little pricey at $34.99 for a 750ml bottle, vs $33.99 for a 1.75 L bottle of Bombay Sapphire.

moose eater

Tequila, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, lime juice, seltzer, and some frozen cubes of water.

The elixir of the Gods. Just sayin'.

I'd like to drink more of this, but there's both a consequence to productivity, and to the liver and kidneys. Or so they say.

Is this a prime moment to employ opportunistic self-delusion, assume an anti-government 'propaganda' stance, and head straight into another?

Damned dopamine, anyway!! That part of the brain that says, "If one was good, 2 ought to be GREAT!!" Don't listen to it. Dopamine's a compulsuive liar.. but a tempting siren, nonetheless.

Hmm...

Last edited:

moose eater

I've been drinking medium roast budget coffee from BJ's brand (Wellsley Farms) and I can't tell any difference from the more expensive stuff, although, I'm not really a coffee aficionado, so who knows.
-----------

Drinking Hendricks Gin tonight. For gin people, you'll either love or hate it. Some find using cucumber as a botanical is a sacrilege. Stuff is smooth as hell, but a little pricey at $34.99 for a 750ml bottle, vs $33.99 for a 1.75 L bottle of Bombay Sapphire.
Starbucks has gone up at Costco here, costing about (nearly) $9/lb. now for a 2.5 lb. bag of French Roast, but I find their French Roast to be superior stuff, despite the inflation lately.

We can get 5-lb. bags of fresh roasted French Roast beans at Costco shipped from Anchorage, using the old fresh roasting equipment the local Costco down there at the Dimond Costco store sold to an individual there about 20+ years ago, costing notably less per lb., but I've become a bit of a coffee snob now, as well as a salmon snob.

We can blame our expensive tastes when we find ourselves living behind the local grocery store in a well-adorned cardboard refrigerator box, covered with a blue tarp. :)

Green Squall

@moose eater Gotta do what you gotta do. We all have those few things we refuse to skimp on, despite inflation. As someone who takes his coffee seriously, what's up with Blue Mountain Coffee from Jamaica? Worth the money or is the price just due to its limited supply? Looking it up, interestingly, they seek to export most of it to Japan.

moose eater

@moose eater Gotta do what you gotta do. We all have those few things we refuse to skimp on, despite inflation. As someone who takes his coffee seriously, what's up with Blue Mountain Coffee from Jamaica? Worth the money or is the price just due to its limited supply? Looking it up, interestingly, they seek to export most of it to Japan.
Not familiar with that one.

We used to occasionally buy Kaladi Bros. (out of Anchorage) via Costco, and they're currently more per lb. at Costco than Starbucks.

North Pole Coffee Roasters is decent, too, but pricey as well.

San Francisco Coffee isn't bad, but not as good as the others in our opinions.

Green Squall

Not familiar with that one.

We used to occasionally buy Kaladi Bros. (out of Anchorage) via Costco, and they're currently more per lb. at Costco than Starbucks.

North Pole Coffee Roasters is decent, too, but pricey as well.

San Francisco Coffee isn't bad, but not as good as the others in our opinions.
I need to up my coffee game. I love the stuff, but I'm one cup and done, so I stick with keurig pods, which is probably blasphemy to the ears for coffee lovers. Maybe I'll shell out the money for a quality refillable pod so I can experiment with different brands.

moose eater

I need to up my coffee game. I love the stuff, but I'm one cup and done, so I stick with keurig pods, which is probably blasphemy to the ears for coffee lovers. Maybe I'll shell out the money for a quality refillable pod so I can experiment with different brands.
We've stayed away from Kuerig K-cups mostly because of the waste (plastic cups) and the cost. Though there are times that a single cup would be nice without wasting a paper filter.

When my metabolism and stress were bonkers during and after the more recent and ill-fated surgery, I couldn't even handle a half-cup of coffee. I can now drink a couple cups with no negative reactions, so I do so more often.

mexweed

Veteran
decided to try something new...

I was never a fan of the hard seltzers and those type of drinks because of the clear alcohol flavor, but I was at a corner/liquor store the other day and grabbed a 24oz mike's harder mango 8%, it was a bit rough at first with the clear alcohol flavor but the back end after I had obtained a bit of a buzz was decent

so I decided to try the regular 5% mike's hard mango and it's delicious, albeit a bit sweet like there are wine coolers this is pretty much a beer cooler, they brew beer and super filter it until it's pretty much clear alcohol, a shandy on steroids of sorts, about to see how it tastes on the back of my throat after a 'super starfruit' dab

the super starfruit is killer it actually makes my breath smell like starfruit, (stardawgXchemodo dragon)Xearly orange

moose eater

Denali Brewing Co., Talkeetna, Alaska, 'Chuli Stout', 5.9% abv, so a fairly manageable mid-afternoon brew. Pretty tasty. Almost an Alaska version of Guinness Extra Stout, but a touch sweeter and 'thicker'.

Picked up a six-pack of Denali Brewing's 'Slow Down Brown' yesterday (6.1% abv), after a surprise refund at the grocery store. Thought a brown ale sounded good, and though I hadn't picked this up in years, figured, why not?

Upon sipping from the initial can, I was reminded of why I hadn't bought this beer in many years; seasoned with "Sri Lankan spices".

Please refer to the earlier rant about Christmas cookies, candy, etc. and their being combined with beer.

Not sure of exactly which spices are involved but there seemed to be something crossing some place between cardamom and cinnamon. Neither of which belong in my beer.

Anyway, the Chuli Stout is reliably tasty, absent the Christmas cookies flavor of the Slow Down Brown, as it ought to be...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts