What's new

What are some strains that are know to contain a high count of CBD?

J

jingles

GC is the best way according to sam,,,,but TLC is pretty cool imo,,,

ive got a load of these to play about with, a friend of min has ha 5 sat in a display for months,,,,,soon il go down an make him a new display by adding my examples

im gona test my cheese clone extencivly, an 1day im hoping to compare TLC to GC myself , just so i can see if TLC is good enough,,,,,,,,,samS sayin TLC aint good enough,,,,,,,at the min im inclined to believe sam:),,,ya cant mess with his judgement

about4811c3811e68e.jpg

about480dfdabd3f43.jpg

The kit enables the user for the first time in history to do his own research on the qualitative and quantitative aspects of cannabis. The Cannalytics kit determines the cannabis chemo-fingerprint and the amount of the main (neuro-) pharmacologic & psychoactive principles. Find the different cannabinoids THC, THCV and CBN (%-age THC) in your sample, routinely, fast and in full color!
Sounds fun, where can you get these kits from..J.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im sure google search will give a supplyer,,,,,,,

sounds good tho,,,dont ya think bro???

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
I've heard that in general, White Rhino and White Shark are both high CBD producers (relatively speaking). Can't say which breeders though.

*mistress*

Veteran
I'm sure I read Sam saying CBD + THC ratios are entirely genetic and not affected by nutrient regieme. I was also under the impression cannabinoids weren't discovered til the 1940s?
environment, terrior, temps, water quality, etc all greatly affect most plants' expressions.
while all organisms aregenetically encoded, favorable enviroments generally produce fruit & flowers that are superior to sub-par conditions...

if the nute regime does not affect final fruit, then all of the 'grow' & 'bloom' formulas are irrelevant & an entire season can be done w/ 20-2020 fert...

however, most fruiting/flowering plants are producing different hormones & using different elements/compounds more than other @ certain moments during season... not expert, but seems that different levels of ferts certainly effect plant (fruit/flower) expressions.

lots of c*nn*binoid research took place in the 1940's, but, several large pharmaceuticals were producing c*nn*bis, prior to m. tax act...

&, of course, the country of india (& the entire region) has a very history of using these plants for medicine. they even clearly had 'elite cuts' 600 yrs ago, as is evidenced by 'meteria medica', which o'shaughnessy reports in 1838...

now, they may not have termed them 'c*nn*binoiDs', but there were certainly very ancient treatistes on the different characteristics of the species... this does not even include china, or tibetan or nepalese - or african practices & medical indicies...

maybe, it was re-'discovered' in the 1940's... but, there were already major pharma companies producing it prior to 1933...

see, in general, on the preparations of the indian h*mp, or gunj*h...

'discovered' can be interpreted in many manners... there are currently those that have 'discovered' this/that 'noid & then 'patent' it... by adding atom or two here & there...

the 1940's saw lots of research into the relationships between the c*nn*binoids, but it had been widely cultivated during the 1800's - some by law - & many had found manners of manipulating the expression of the plant for favorable fiber, resin, etc...

enjoy your garden!

SuperConductor

Veteran
if the nute regime does not affect final fruit, then all of the 'grow' & 'bloom' formulas are irrelevant & an entire season can be done w/ 20-2020 fert...

Obviously it effects the final fruits I'm saying it wont affect the ratio of cannabinoids. Sure you can get more cannabinoids (resin) but the ratio will be the same, the way I understand it these ratios are effectively set in stone before the seed is planted. So if you have a plant with 15%thc and 3% cbd increasing the volume of resin through enviromental means wont change those percentages.

lots of c*nn*binoid research took place in the 1940's, but, several large pharmaceuticals were producing c*nn*bis, prior to m. tax act...

&, of course, the country of india (& the entire region) has a very history of using these plants for medicine. they even clearly had 'elite cuts' 600 yrs ago, as is evidenced by 'meteria medica', which o'shaughnessy reports in 1838...

now, they may not have termed them 'c*nn*binoiDs', but there were certainly very ancient treatistes on the different characteristics of the species... this does not even include china, or tibetan or nepalese - or african practices & medical indicies...

maybe, it was re-'discovered' in the 1940's... but, there were already major pharma companies producing it prior to 1933...

see, in general, on the preparations of the indian h*mp, or gunj*h...

'discovered' can be interpreted in many manners... there are currently those that have 'discovered' this/that 'noid & then 'patent' it... by adding atom or two here & there...

the 1940's saw lots of research into the relationships between the c*nn*binoids, but it had been widely cultivated during the 1800's - some by law - & many had found manners of manipulating the expression of the plant for favorable fiber, resin, etc...

enjoy your garden!
[/QUOTE]

Yes and they would have observed an icrease in cannabinoids (or whatever they chose to call them) not cbd specifically. I realise very well that medical research has been ongoing for thousands of years but with todays informed consumer (how many threads on here ask specifically for cbd strains?) it's not a great deal of use as they're looking for the 'brand name' of cbd (as apposed to gunja or indian hemp). We have ideas and hunches but little in the way of specifics due to difficulty with human testing, check out the (excellent) video about sativex posted above to see what I mean. People need specifics these days.

The reason I've picked you up on this is there are unscrupulous individuals who'd like to convince desperate medical users that using their expensive products will increase the medicinal effects of their crop. They're using the considerable confusion over cbd to sell their product (which is effectively useless for stated purpose) to desperate people and it doesn't sit well with me. I've actually seen this happening in another cbd thread here.

Just to be clear i'm not saying you're doing that :) I believe Sam really does know what he's talking about when it comes to this subject and I'm pretty sure I'm remembering him correctly but of course would happily stand corrected.

*mistress*

Veteran
SuperConductor said:
Obviously it effects the final fruits I'm saying it wont affect the ratio of cannabinoids. Sure you can get more cannabinoids (resin) but the ratio will be the same, the way I understand it these ratios are effectively set in stone before the seed is planted. So if you have a plant with 15%thc and 3% cbd increasing the volume of resin through enviromental means wont change those percentages.

*edit*
see, in general...
all about h*^p, pg 44
imaginary method:
select thru gene-pool, for desired traits. keep & eliminate. end.

hope this helps. enjoy your garden!

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mini Malawi ,, that was down,, without much THC in the hits :joint:

Much depends on the age, maturity and condition of the sample in question!!!

This doesn't have anything to do with strain per se, but has anyone ever tried extracting vaporizer left-overs? IIRC, CBD melts at a much higher temp than THC and I've always found the high from vaporizers to be more energetic and presumably less CBD-influenced. It would make sense that some iso or butane hash made from the left-overs would lean far more towards the CBD side of the spectrum and could be combined with real pot to provide a nice dose of therapeutic CBD along with a natural spectrum of cannibinoids and a good source of THC. Any thoughts?

B

Born420

Thank you so much for all the responses. I am reading and learning more. Seems that I have even more reading to do. That Cannalytics kit is great. I'll have to get one. Wonder if their are comparable kits out their? Checked out some seed sites that list cbd cbn thc levels for the final budded product. I question their authenticity and accurracy. But I'll give that a try at least. Thanks again for all the info I have gathered from all the wonderfull responses. On a different note and probabaly in the next post I put up, I am curious if their are any counter effects of certain amino acid (brain) supplements and medical cannabis.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
This doesn't have anything to do with strain per se, but has anyone ever tried extracting vaporizer left-overs? IIRC, CBD melts at a much higher temp than THC and I've always found the high from vaporizers to be more energetic and presumably less CBD-influenced. It would make sense that some iso or butane hash made from the left-overs would lean far more towards the CBD side of the spectrum and could be combined with real pot to provide a nice dose of therapeutic CBD along with a natural spectrum of cannibinoids and a good source of THC. Any thoughts?

I haven't yet, but I've been saving my vape leftovers thinking that they might be good stuffed into some veg capsules. Just not sure how much to take if I decide to.

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
nice video on Sativex by the BBC.

they talk about CBD at the end; very interesting.

It seems some of us are NOT smoking enough CBD

in our medicine. watch & learn...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsMG1Wj4VYU

I will watch this video soon, headed to bed now, but...

I think that Sativex has around equal percentages of THC and CBD. I have seen people on here calling CBD levels or around 3% as "high". My impression is that this is not the case. We have breed most of our strains for THC content only, thereby sacrificing anything else. I would love to find a strain that did have a truly "high" level of CBD. Anyone know of anything with any direct evidence to back it up?

SuperConductor

Veteran
Was really hoping Sam could clear up the nutrient/cbd thing but he obviously isn't around. I read the page in that book but still not convinced ;)

There's a study on here somewhere that says the exact opposite surprisingly, CDB starts vaping around 150C while THC is a bit higher (think it said around 180C). Study was conducted in a lab with GC will link if i find it again (can't find it but found this on Wiki "the temperature range across which the actives will vaporize is at least 73 °C (163 °F) starting at around 127 °C (261 °F) where only aromatic compounds of minimal bioactivity will release and going all the way up to 200 °C (392 °F) with the higher end of this range representing where the cannabinoids of higher bioactivity appear to be released.")

I've tried sativex and one thing's for sure it doesn't make you tired or dopey or lethargic in any way, it's quite motivational actually just makes you feel good. I don't think CBD has so much of that kind of sleepy effect at all really, maybe in conjunction with CBN and the like it does but not with just THC at least.

Goyakla

this getting complicated.. so I will only name some strains I found had high cbd. . Blue hemp : Dark Kush.... it is like 20 mg of vals... purpel picone from Sargamtha....Kodiak Gold (RM).. W. Rihno.Nirv...Avalon (N. Generation)... MT g13 (G13 coll). Afgana Kush (wos)... and I suffer from anxeity... good luck:smokeit:

are there any landrace sativa strains with possible high CBD content? or is CBD mainly found in indica and afghanica type landrace varieties. It would be good to have a sativa with high CBD. Particularly for outdoors in the tropics.

reddy1

ICMag Donor
are there any landrace sativa strains with possible high CBD content? or is CBD mainly found in indica and afghanica type landrace varieties. It would be good to have a sativa with high CBD. Particularly for outdoors in the tropics.

Thc Thcv cbd cbc cbn
Mexican 1.5 6.88 0.41 0.03 0.30 0.10

African 3 8.89 0.15 0.04 0.17 0.12

Col. Chiba 9.72 0.05 0.03 0.08 0.12

Thai 3 7.03 0.05 0.02 0.24 0.06

Afghani#1 8.10 0.0 0.03 0.28 0.10

Nigerian#1 10.29 0.16 0.04 0.27 0.07

Cambodian2 6.71 0.03 0.03 0.19 0.12

Congolese 11.11 0.17 0.04 0.23 0.07

Brazzaville 7.84 0.11 0.02 0.14 0.10

(Reprinted from Mel Frank)

Latest posts