What's new

Welcome to the Matrix...2000W 8'x8'...Smith is back!

What am I missing "... just not distilled." Both RO and distilled remove hardness from the water. The resultant pH should be about the same as the source water. I just tested my RO v my distilled- both pH @ 9.2. I also add ~ 2% H2O2, to keep the probes clean.

Run Neo, run!

DO NOT store your pH electrode in distilled or deionised water as this will cause ions to leach out of the glass membrane and reference electrolyte, causing a slow and sluggish response.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wikipedia: Distilled water is often defined as bottled water that has been produced by a process of distillation and has an electrical conductivity of not more than 10 µS/cm and total dissolved solids of less than 10 mg/litre.[1]

Apparently you are not aware that RO systems, like the Kinetico RO that I have, are capable of producing < 10ppm, and mine does.

I will check with Hanna to see what they recommend to keep the probe and glass clean and to keep them from breaking down. It should be cleaned with something to prevent mineral build up. Right?

Agent-Smith

A quick pic for thoe of you who've been waiting patiently :D

picture.php

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
very nice agent. defiantly pullin up a chair for this one :lurk: i'm really interested to see how you yield the the 2 1k's on light rails. i've got my pretty much 8x8 room setup with 4 1k's but in the summer time it gets way too hot. i have air cooled hoods though. i suppose if i just ran 2 lights i could use a/c. hmmm i dunno looking forward to see these ladies bloomin. Did i miss what strain these were?

stussy22

Good god that is one hell of a forest!

Are you planning on throwing a netting/trellis over them ? Or what are you going to do regarding those HUGE colas that will be forming ?

stu :joint:

Agent-Smith

very nice agent. defiantly pullin up a chair for this one :lurk: i'm really interested to see how you yield the the 2 1k's on light rails. i've got my pretty much 8x8 room setup with 4 1k's but in the summer time it gets way too hot. i have air cooled hoods though. i suppose if i just ran 2 lights i could use a/c. hmmm i dunno looking forward to see these ladies bloomin. Did i miss what strain these were?

Yes you did miss it, but it's easy to miss. The strain is Romulan. I'm very interested to see what my gpw on this grow is going to be. If I can get 1gpw I'll be happy, but we'll see. :D

Good god that is one hell of a forest!
Are you planning on throwing a netting/trellis over them ? Or what are you going to do regarding those HUGE colas that will be forming ?

Yeah, I think tomorrow or Friday I'll throw a net on those bitches once I get all of the cloning done. :D

So here was a pic of them before I went on vacation.
picture.php

This is just a few pics to demonstrate the tying I do to these girls.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And these pictures were from yesterday. I'll be taking a bunch of clones and trimming these up tomorrow so look for those pics then :D
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Agent-Smith

I wanted to update you guys on Jax, the Praying Mantis. :D

Here's her before I went on vacation

picture.php

picture.php

Here's an eggsack that she laid a few weeks ago. I will be constructing a small habitat for them to grow and hunt in soon, I'll make another thread for that. :D

picture.php

And here was her today, I just happened to catch her eating a ladybug :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

stussy22

Loving it!!!

I have hatched several Praying Mantis egg sacks growing up as a kid. Lucky for you it looks like she picked a good location to lay it. Looks like you can easily cut or move that piece of cardboard. I have had to cut pieces of their cage out to remove the eggs.

Definitely get a small cage. Something that doesn't have holes bigger than a cooked piece of rice. They warmer environment lower 80s. It should take anywhere from 28-42 days to hatch. Once hatched you want to feed them pin head crickets (baby crickets). I cut a sponge in half and keep it moist and wet for them at all times for water. If you have some growing faster than others you can try to separate them into a larger/different cage, because they will start eating the smaller ones.

I have always enjoyed playing and studying eco system. Keep us posted on how their doing.

some good info http://www.amentsoc.org/insects/caresheets/praying-mantids.html

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
hey smith make shure you put a good battery usp backup to the controler bucket ,it will help with spikes and save your contacts in the controler,also good if you loose power it will save your boo boo

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Nice tie down job agent smith, they should do very nicely filling in the canopy for you.

I didn't catch the strain you were growing until just now, I read good things about Romulan. Doesn't seem to be as popular as it was a few years back but still sounds like A+ grade herb. Have you tried it before? how do you rate it?

Nice pics of the mantis btw, looks like it's going to be a good caretaker :)

Agent-Smith

Loving it!!!

I have hatched several Praying Mantis egg sacks growing up as a kid. Lucky for you it looks like she picked a good location to lay it. Looks like you can easily cut or move that piece of cardboard. I have had to cut pieces of their cage out to remove the eggs.

Definitely get a small cage. Something that doesn't have holes bigger than a cooked piece of rice. They warmer environment lower 80s. It should take anywhere from 28-42 days to hatch. Once hatched you want to feed them pin head crickets (baby crickets). I cut a sponge in half and keep it moist and wet for them at all times for water. If you have some growing faster than others you can try to separate them into a larger/different cage, because they will start eating the smaller ones.

I have always enjoyed playing and studying eco system. Keep us posted on how their doing.

some good info http://www.amentsoc.org/insects/caresheets/praying-mantids.html

Thanks man, that's some great info and a great website to boot. :D

hey smith make shure you put a good battery usp backup to the controler bucket ,it will help with spikes and save your contacts in the controler,also good if you loose power it will save your boo boo

That's a great idea, I'll have to look into that further. :D

diggin' jax and the eco thing...lookin forward to thread :)
Thanks Bonz, she really is fun to watch, handle, and talk to. I got to watch her eat again today, boy is my ladybug population dwindling lol. Yeah, I'm gonna be extremely busy in the next few weeks so hopefully it doesn't hatch anytime soon or I'll be making a mad rush to throw one together quick :D

Nice tie down job agent smith, they should do very nicely filling in the canopy for you.

I didn't catch the strain you were growing until just now, I read good things about Romulan. Doesn't seem to be as popular as it was a few years back but still sounds like A+ grade herb. Have you tried it before? how do you rate it?

Nice pics of the mantis btw, looks like it's going to be a good caretaker :)

Thanks bro, they are so overgrown, I can't wait to get them all trimmed. I noticed Powdery Mildew in a few spots so they have been sprayed with Brix + but will get sprayed again tomorrow fully with Serenade once everything is done being trimmed.

I too have read good things about Romulan but this is my first time growing her out. I saw some bud grown from this cut but I don't think it was a good representation of the potential of this strain as they have only a years worth of grow experience, were using $29 1000W bulbs, other environmental factors, and it was their first time growing the strain as well. I'm sure it's going to turn out better ,just how much better will be the question we'll get answered in a couple more months.

I'm just hoping that with the abundance of crickets I'm going to provide these babies once they hatch, they don't still eat each other senseless lol :D

Agent-Smith

I'm a little off on days for my updates but oh well :D

DAY 8 OF FLOWERING:

Switched out the Nutrients again. This time I upped the bases and the Pro-Cal slightly.

SensiBloom A&B: 500 mL each
Pro-Cal: 100 mL
Rhino Skin: 1000 mL
Massive: 1000 mL
Bud Candy: 400 mL
Bud Factor X: 400 mL
Bud Ignitor: 400 mL
GPF: 1000 mL
Great White: 4 scoops
Zyme Caps: 6 Caps

PPM after initial mix: 1147 ppm
pH: 5.95

PPM after first feeding: 1054 ppm
pH: 6.01

DAY 9 OF FLOWERING:

Got half of the room trimmed up, the other half will be tomorrow. As you can see, you can see the floor and pots again now......at least for a few more days until it fills in again LOL :D

Here's what they look like from over head, before being trimmed
picture.php

Here's the trimmed side from over head
picture.php

picture.php

Inbetween both sides.
picture.php

And here's a couple of low shots to give you an idea of just how much I trim. I was even being a little nice since this is a new strain for me and didn't cut as much as I normally would.
picture.php

picture.php