What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Welcome to the Jungle - Hmong's Green Hell

Hmong

Veteran
Current production test run of my ThaiKush cut, that I gave away to a nursery.
Interested in performance under "homegrower" conditions, 4ft tent, 6l pots, bagged soil, Biobizz nutes. Haven't grown loads of her yet, mostly single plants in 1gals.

Having 16 of the same sized clones ready at the same time, is always a hassle with my setup, so I don't get to do that very often. Got 2x8 clones rooted 1 week apart, which gave the now bigger plants 7 days of extra veg into the flowering pots, while the smaller group went straight under 11.5/12.5hrs. I'm always vegging 12-1 before flowering, to reduce stretch and have an earlier onset, shortening overall flowering time.

TK @fd01
TK_all_fd01_1.jpg

TK_all_fd01_2.jpg

TK_all_fd01_3.jpg

TK @fd06
TK_all_fd06_2.jpg

TK_all_fd06_1.jpg

TK_all_fd06_3.jpg
TK_all_fd06_4.jpg

Last edited:

Hmong

Veteran
ThaiKush @fd07 & 08, starting to fill up.
I can't praise this cut enough and you are going to see why!^^

I like to castle a lot, when working with different sized plants. Notice how I moved the small ones from the front half, to the outer rows, while the big ones are now lined up inside. The next pots in line for watering are always inside, and once watered, I castle outside in. This way I get even light penetration throughout the run and have quicker access for waterings, also the humidity stays more balanced.
TK_all_fd07_1.jpg

TK_all_fd07_2.jpg

day 08, the big ones were staked
TK_all_fd08_1.jpg

TK_all_fd08_2.jpg

pot elevation also got adjusted, I rarely move the light.
TK_all_fd08_3.jpg

420PyRoS

Those stalks are beefy. Right to the top of the plants too. Almost could pass off as green stakes holding those up.

Maybe they're expecting large flowers? 🤔

Here's hoping haha.
Plants are dialed in and just a choo'chin

Hmong

Veteran
Those stalks are beefy. Right to the top of the plants too.

remember 50% of this cross is basically, bamboo^^
Seems that the PCK side adds this thickness and keeps the internodes even.
The general health & vigor comes from it being a true F1 (Landrace x Landrace) heterosis

Maybe they're expecting large flowers? 🤔

baseball bat colas, yes!
Just try your seeds, you won't be disappointed.

HHxPCK_fd71_3.jpg

HHxPCK_fd69_6.jpg

Hmong

Veteran
TK @fd20, I've made one attempt of super cropping before next watering, but ditched when it felt like trying to bend a pencil. If you look at stems vs. bamboo stakes here, you might get why?^^
TK_all_fd20.jpg

TK @fd21, after watering and re-shuffle, as we are maxed out.
7 day Veg clones are in the middle, 1 day Veg are on the outer rows.
Smaller ones are standing on 1gal pots to adjust for height, which are 20cm (8")
Big ones are now almost 5ft from the bottom, can't elevate the lights any more, need to figure something out. Was hoping for more like 4ft in the end, to be honest.
TK_all_fd21_1.jpg

TK_all_fd21_2.jpg
TK_all_fd21_5.jpg
TK_all_fd21_6.jpg

TK_all_fd21_4.jpg

TK_all_fd21_7.jpg

Consolidated

. I'm always vegging 12-1 before flowering, to reduce stretch and have an earlier onset, shortening overall flowering time.
Can you be a little more specific?

I generally like people who are devoted to cannabis... because I see myself

Cheers

Hmong

Veteran
Can you be a little more specific?

Cannabis needs only 13 hours to stay in the vegetative growth stage. The 18-6 lighting schedule in vegetation, actually stress your plants, that never get that much light in one-day outdoors. Cannabis is an outdoor plant. Growing indoors you should copy how it grows outdoors. No Cannabis growing in Afghanistan gets 18 hours of light in growth pattern. Most strains today have some part Indica in their genetic pool. Also equatorial strains never get 18 hours of sun a day.

Rgd

Veteran
Cannabis needs only 13 hours to stay in the vegetative growth stage.

>hilarious....who wrote that.,someone from Thailand?