What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Welcome to the Jungle - Hmong's Green Hell

Hmong

Veteran

been watching all kinds of SEAL and Goggins videos for the last 10 years.
There was this one vid, I came across when moving into my current crib in 2017.
Sometimes you just need little hints in life, like the Admiral giving a 20min speech to college grads, about how important it is to make your bed every day.
Making my bed after rising and wake&bake, are about my only two disciplines I'm going unbroken ever since.
With the rest of things, I'm a bitch like everyone else!
Today was good so far, I had already worked out, stretched and showered by 730pm.
Did 1hr of plant work since, now on spliff break, then back in the garden.

had a good meal at chow today, some snacks and a post-workout shake.
I aimed for 50 6cts unbroken and did another 50 right after catching 2mins of wind, also unbroken, never leaving my stance. Repeated every rep when I messed up count or didn't sound off loud enough, good shit.

Last edited:

420PyRoS

just get a 4x4 tent in your garage/workshop/basement or something.
I don't know about your legal plant limits, but does that even matter?
A good quality 4x4 + LED gives you everything you need, space & height, light, smell proof etc.
just add a little veg area somewhere, using what other lamps & equipment you have.
With that setup, you can start churning through your seed stash, so I can send you new ones ;)

nobody has to live with 5 active grow tents, like I do^^
But a constantly active 4x4 would enhance your life massively and your growing becomes highly advanced, from doing it every day, instead of seasonal.
You don't even have to fill the fucker up, it's just good to have enough of space to work with.

excuses!^^
push over some cows, then

you got these where u at?
fight-bear.gif

bear-wrestling.gif

khabib-bear.gif

That's my boy!
Uuura!!!! (rus.) ;)

I have a workout for you, try doing 100 of these at least 3x a week.
Let's talk again when they easy for you.
Equipment: towel + a floor ...

btw. he is the only "fitness channel" I watch these days

I have a few tents stashed ready to go. A 2x4, a 4x4 and a 5x5 for my perpetual needs. I may not need them though depending if I can utilize a whole room in the house.

Haha even worse, we have wolverines out in the country side. I live in the city now but getting too old for the boxing gig.

Challenged accepted, will try this 8pt workout and see how I can handle. Let you know.

Hmong

Veteran
I may not need them though depending if I can utilize a whole room in the house.

An empty room is very hard to climate control, I advice on using the tents in that room,
if it's size allows for it. Spares you a lot of construction bullshit, room doesn't have reflective walls yet, etc.

As long as the room has a thermostat and tilting windows, you're good to use a 4x4 without outside air. Looking at winter soon, you might just wanna get started with growing and expand with more tents, setting up exhaust air at some point, so you are ready for summer.
That kind of thing, u know!
You have those tents already, if they aren't broken use em!
Climate and smell control is so much easier, trust me.

I live in the city now but getting too old for the boxing gig.

what about BJJ in your city then? There you get to fight every night, without the brain damage, it's fun!

Challenged accepted, will try this 8pt workout and see how I can handle. Let you know.

I hope the weather holds tomorrow, so I can join in on the basketball court.

Last edited:

420PyRoS

An empty room is very hard to climate control, I advice on using the tents in that room,
if it's size allows for it. Spares you a lot of construction bullshit, room doesn't have reflective walls yet, etc.

As long as the room has a thermostat and tilting windows, you're good to use a 4x4 without outside air. Looking at winter soon, you might just wanna get started with growing and expand with more tents, setting up exhaust air at some point, so you are ready for summer.
That kind of thing, u know!
You have those tents already, if they aren't broken use em!
Climate and smell control is so much easier, trust me.

what about BJJ in your city then? There you get to fight every night, without the brain damage, it's fun!

I hope the weather holds tomorrow, so I can join in on the basketball court.
Going to try my luck with those 8 pt push-ups tonight after work. I'll be mentally/physically busted after my 12 hrs shift but I really need something to wake me up around that time of night. I struggle hard to make it to 10pm most nights without passing out.

You're right about the climate control thing with a whole room. I just spent around $15,000 on new AC/Furnace with all the bells and whistles for climate monitoring, away from home climate control, multi room temp monitors etc. The house is almost fully automated right down to lights/door locks. All in all I've dumped prob 60,000$ in the past year and half into it. I just hope they don't switch everything software wise to AI control... fuck that. Anyway, I think I 'Could' dial a room in but it's speculative at the point. I don't care about the smell too much anymore (legal). I really enjoyed setting automated grow rooms an shit prior to my last shut down. I currently work as a mechanic for a pharmaceutical company doing line setups for line automation. I help make tons of drugs for US/Canada markets ;)

Talk soon.

Hmong

Veteran
I don't care about the smell too much anymore (legal).

but the wife will...
...once it creeps through the walls.

I just advice on an extra layer of air between plants and wall, you figure it out ;)
Tents are already there, put some pond layer on the floor, over some floor sheets for paint jobs and you're good to go.
If you don't plant on quitting your job to become a fulltime grower, just put a 4x4 in that room and sprout some of your seeds. Add more later, if you get bored on weekends.
With that kind of AC you have, this just runs on autopilot all year.
You don't need to worry about getting rid of humity, just use a good filter for the tent.

like right now, I wish I just had one tent to care for.
ever had pests? ...

I struggle hard to make it to 10pm most nights without passing out.

Just keep in mind, you will be hungry afterwards.

Last edited:

420PyRoS

but the wife will...
...once it creeps through the walls.

I just advice on an extra layer of air between plants and wall, you figure it out ;)
Tents are already there, put some pond layer on the floor, over some floor sheets for paint jobs and you're good to go.
If you don't plant on quitting your job to become a fulltime grower, just put a 4x4 in that room and sprout some of your seeds. Add more later, if you get bored on weekends.
With that kind of AC you have, this just runs on autopilot all year.
You don't need to worry about getting rid of humity, just use a good filter for the tent.

like right now, I wish I just had one tent to care for.
ever had pests? ...

Just keep in mind, you will be hungry afterwards.
Yeah, most of it does evolve around the wife, but she had a puff the other night and she goes on about wanting to smoke one after a rough day working every once in a while. It depends also on how long she's going to run her business out of the house, which is mostly to do with kids so I can't have anything around. She did mention about going back to a 9-5 type job in a year, so if it goes that route, it opens half the house up for use.

I've had gnat flies and once springtails bother the grows indoors over the years but not much else. I try to separate myself from anything outdoors, to anything related to the grow room, clothes and a shower even. Most gnats came from the medium I was using and as for the spring tails... not sure lol

Ah no problem, I am always hungry anyways. I eat way too much, but burn it just as fast.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hmong, how often do you have to change your reservoir out (volume of water also)and what do you think your notes run you per cycle? Thanks for your help my friend.
Peace farmerlion

Hmong

Veteran
I've had gnat flies and once springtails bother the grows indoors over the years but not much else

those are soil fauna, not pests.

Just telling you to be aware, that any issues increase exponentially with canopy size.
Good growing! (y)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
what reservoir?

these first posts were from 2014
I don't know what to say?
things changed^^

In this society, people never read past the first page...
while they should always start with the last page ;)
I was simply trying to get a better understanding of your style of growing. I thought you had a main reservoir on a timer for watering and feedings.
If people only read the first and the last page, why bother making all the pages in between? I have more respect for people's work than that myself.
Peace farmerlion

Hmong

Veteran
I thought you had a main reservoir on a timer for watering and feedings.

fully automated, AI controlled ;)
ewer.jpg

why bother making all the pages in between?

what else to do in almost a decade?

You probably had the wrong impression to begin with, from the coco page #1.
But I had been hand watering even back then, dutch table with drain to waste.
Never used any automated system before and never will.
Every touch a dollar! 🤑

the reservoir mentioned, was just the humidifier water tank

Last edited:

Hmong

Veteran
"how does it make him feel?..." *spits in corner* :ROFLMAO:

Taliban Opium crackdown be like...

Hmong

Veteran

I was sick with the common cold all week, been working the garden as good as possible.
Just in no mood to update, but we now recovering.

perpetual today, most DCxPANs are gone, refilled with mostly Zkittlez clones and TK.
Fading in the middle are the last DCxPAN, 2x TK and the three Zkittlez phenos.
Migro_0908_1.jpg

Migro_0908_2.jpg

Migro_0908_3.jpg

back row showing 3x TK = ThaiKush = Hmong Hilltribe x PCK f1 @ flowering day 19
playing with this cut I have around since last year, popped a single seed and had a keeper female.
Migro_0908_4.jpg

the cut @fd46
smell like sour apple candy; not easy to grow, quite water sensitive, medium yield.
I now try to dial it in with the perpetual runs, to master it before running a full tent.
this plant got seeded with stray DCxPAN f1 pollen, making my first own 4-way polyhybrid.
F1 x F1; Hmong Hilltribe x Pakistan Chitral Kush x Deep Chunk x Panama, oh boii ^^
TK_fd46.jpg

Hmong

Veteran

more often than not, I have to push myself with those songs, to go back in the jungle.
The repetitiveness can be dull at times, even when it's supposed "fun" tasks, like harvest...

I wanna get high and make pic updates instead of chopping wood, damn it.
Every time, same shit, like sex I only remember my first time, after that it just gets blurry.

anyway, this forest needs to fall, I'm already dark for 1.5 days^^
and since they all seeded, I have to use the paper bag method, which is a lot of handy work preparing each plant and making close up pix while I'm at it.
Got 2.5 plants down so far, only 9.5 to go, aaah lame!

Purpurea Ticinensis @fd54
PT_fd54_1.jpg

PT_fd54_2.jpg

Hmong

Veteran
earlier today at 9:30am, as you can see the light outside is getting shorter and shorter.
I was hoping to make some good pix in the sunlight, but with my angle and the sun in the back, unfortunately it doesn't transfer.

Deck'23_0910_1.jpg

Deck'23_0910_2.jpg

I had put some finishing plants outside to dry up, it's a hack to save lamp space inside.
Deck'23_0910_3.jpg

ThaiKush @64days
TK_fd64_1.jpg

TK_fd64_2.jpg

Those are likely seeded with DCxPAN, from being in the same tent.
here is some progeny already coming to life, I will try saving this one to take a first look.
TKxDCP?.jpg

Being sick cost me almost a week of progress and now I'm facing a traffic jam, while I have to keep these clones happy until transplant. No free lamp space doesn't let me transplant yet.
Also ran short on flowering pots, had to remove the old root balls first, then wash the pots, while doing plant maintenance all day parallel to it.
Last step is cleaning out the tent, wiping everything down, for a clean fresh start.
Battling the aphids I try to have clean surfaces at all times, so they are easier to spot.
Including raising pots and other measures. This adds a ton of work, but will pay off in the long run.
PT_steck.jpg

Old X18 mother, that didn't give me any fresh clones the last 3 times I've tried.
Now ending her life outside and me trying to reverse some branches with CS
X18_0910.jpg

Reactions: Rgd

Hmong

Veteran
people are paying for this seminar with a legend and the first Q&A is: "what causes yellow leafs?"

you just have to hate this so called "industry" and it's people...

Latest posts

Latest posts