What's new

Welcome to the African Zone

lokinc

About 40W and up.

Stodels has square pots, well they did the last time I bought sum 10 L pots there, De La Rays is useless for pots, the last time I went to buy pots there they took me around the back and I had to look thru a trolley full of pots.

lokinc

Ah damn I was hoping for higher, I'll go have a look around for fluorecent tubes instead, those go pretty high in wattage. But that means getting new fittings, arg damn.

I'll be needing some square pots too, to fit in these 5 Hashberry's that just popped out of the soil.

I'll be chucking out my swazi 2day, putting them in the garden, I know they will get huge out there. I'm just hoping the cold will keep them small and force them to flower soon so I can get the seeds I'm hoping for.

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
what kind of fluorescents are we talking? i still have 3 x 4 foot ballasts, double fittings, and 1 x 1.5ft ballast with double fitting. each 4ft tube is 36 watts i think. lying around somewhere.. let me know if you're interested.

have you considered to rather go for a Metal Halide light..?

are you planning on using fluoro just to veg or to flower as well?

lokinc

Fluoro for veg and flower, I've seen some great things done with them. If i had the cash I'd go hps, but I only get paid in 2 weeks (should have enough time b4 flowering).
I'll have a look around for a HID then if I can find it at a good price. I dont have the space for fluoros that big, I'm using the small fluoros at the moment, they're about 1,5ft.

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
you'll me much better off with an HPS.

they aren't that expensive if you go to the right place, a few 1.5ft fluoro fixtures + bulbs would probably be more expensive.

HPS would just be so much better..

Province Lighting (Cape Town)

www.provincelighting.co.za

i think they're about R400..

lokinc

That's with the ballast?

R400 damn thats cheap, I'll be checking that out, have to get the best for my Hashberry grow, this grow is going to be for seed production, so I'll need lots of flowers, lol cant believe I'm actually hoping to get a male plant

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
yip that's with the ballast, ignitor, capacitator etc. i don't know if there will be a hood/fixture with reflector inside, you may need to build your own one. not too difficult though, just get a piece of aliminium sheet cut. some where in Retreat factory area does it. will check with my friend what the exact price is and what it includes. HPS will be remote ballast. :D

where did you quote prices?

what are the dimensions of your grow space?

can you give me a link to Hashberry information.. sounds yummy. trade some cuts some time!!

:yummy:

G

hey guys.
fluoros are great if you have the patience to raise them about twice daily. i can get 85w cfl's (cool white) here in Pta, let me know and we might be able to work something out.

lokinc

I checked the prices at the Gro-Shop, that kinda turned me off any HID.
Province lighting website seems to be under construction :(. Guess I'll have to try and go after work sometime.

Hashberry

My grow space is 2ft W, 3ft D, 6 ft H

Yeah I've seen the plans for making a hood in one of the threads around here

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
yup, Gro-Shop is damn expensive. although included in the R1100 (i think?) you get a Prolite reflector which is pretty good.

nice strain :D

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
lokinc, nice reflector that. added to bookmarks :D

SG, HID has better PAR rating or what ever it is, more UVB, light penetrates the canopy better than CFL, much better yields, more crystal.

Latest posts

Latest posts