What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WELCOME Fellow Geriatric Stoners!

:tup:

well... While I am technically an old fart, it looks like I'll be wiping plenty of drool off chins in here. Just a sec... "whats that gramps? you need another cannacookie?"

:tup:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya youngsters ... well im 52 .. grew up following the brothers and Tim him self .. most of those guys were bringing back the good from afaghani when i was just a lad... can only dream about those flavors YUUUUUUMMMMMMM.been making my own hash lately and must say its the closest i remember coming to the old elephant paddy flavors of days of old .

Since I'm over 13 I didn't bother to see what the registration form was about. But it is a very good step in keeping the riff raff off.

Gee I wonder if I can import my choice photos from OG?

Anyway, I'll be 49 this summer, been growin' indoor soil for 2 1/2 yrs. Seeing handles I recognize from OG. This is good.

Good to be around vets( military and cannabis). Lets try to keep this site from getting trashed.

G

Hi there boys and girls.

I believe that Gypsy said something about the real world benefits of having a server that didn't run slow as molassus in January and crash at the mere mention of a voltage spike somewhere in North America.

I won't bother claiming any seniority since Cabby is here, and since many of you already know that I am a stoner I must admit that I did inhale.

*takes deep breath, thinking of the word....testimonial..*

I too LOVE marijuana. I have been consuming it for 40 years. I have been growing it for 30 years, with limited success until I started a basement micro-stealth garden a year and a half ago. This has been a wildly successfull venture and I owe that to the database and mentorship at Overgrow. Overgrow sponsers like Seeds Direct, Inavap, Discount Hydro etc have given me the ability to grow and consume the finest cannabis immaginable in the healthiest way possible.

I too grew up on SAC B 52 nuclear strike bases, born at Chanute AFB in IL in '50. Like Gunny sez - I am a respectable middle class tax payer with wife kid and dog, living in suburban Detroit. The wife gets migraines and pukes for 3 days at a time. This really bothered my son and I because we really love her and it was hard to eat our meals when she was puking and all. So we decided that I should figure out a way to fix it. I did. My homegrown cannabis has kept that from happening 7 times in the last year, all of the justification that I need to do what I do.

We were Christians till I got us kicked out of the church for asking the preacher questions. Then I read a bunch of books on religion and where the major religions came from and decided that I was actually a Zen Buddhist. That was probably why I keep asking these questions too. Not just any Zen, but Shaolin-style martial arts based Zen. Its still the 4 great truths and the 8-fold path, but I draw lines and hold my ground.

I am a 31 year practitioner of yoga and Taekwon Do, am also studying Wing Chun and some stick and staff weapons. I walk, run, lift weights and hunt with a camera. I carry a Berretta pistol and qualified with a long gun in the NRA (pro marksman). Am going to learn how to use a Karambit (Indonesian fighting knife), have been a knife fighter (Dojo, not street) since I ran with street gangs in LA in the 60's.

Drove a Harley, spent 1/2 my life at university, have a couple of degrees. Have been a stoner studying drugs and stoners for 35 years, do art for money. No more detail on that though, as I am kinda high-profile in my neck of the woods. I gotta quit cause otherwise I will go on forever.

Good to see so many familiar faces! :)

peace

Last edited:
H

HellBoy

Hey Bud!

Hey Bud!

..good to see ya, bro! You don't know me by this handle but you would instantly know my OG handle.. :D

Enjoy your stay here.... I find it different in that there are few (very few) ppl that I have seen here that even come close to starting shizit.... everyone seems laid back and contenteted.

I hope it stays that way and the GROWERS can reclaim a site to study the herb...not all the juvenile angst and petty jealousies...

again... good to see ya! ...SOLID!

922HellboyAvatarWordYellow.jpg

PS: oops.... I didn't see ya post there ClosetKing... good to see you over here too! ;)

Last edited:
Yeah just trying to find some serenity in my old age. Seeing familiar handles all over this site. Having troubles uploading pics tho. Seems they're too big as far as byte size. Any suggestions?

The only thread that I saw get contentiuos was about "Passion" and that chilled out when folks remembered why we are here.
Seems much more mature.

*waves HIGH!* so VERY nice to see so many sweet people in here... and you too "tup" ha ha ha. *displays my trusty chrome plated Arrow T25 stape gun to "tup"...*

Oh sorry... almost forgot... *snaps to attention... salutes Gunny*
was that okies? *sighs* forget the proper "ettiquite de militaire"...
hope that my offense does not rate a firing squad. *ducks*

*reaches over and rubs Buddha's belly for good fortune* Oh wow... truly needed that BB *grins* Thanks! hee hee hee

okies... should cruise around a bit. Alan... drive on please. *shoves a burning joint of Jack into Alan's mouth*

See you all round... *spins head 360 degrees several times* wow... so many faces... new, and familiar. Should try this at home... is good fun. *waves aloha* Aki

G

*grins real big* It is wonderful to see you Princess! I have been worried about you, I am most happy that you have turned up.

peace

FlipTop

Hello there

Hello there

Hi there all

Just read my way through this thread, something I normally don't do, but couldn't help it. A place full of interesting posts from awld gits (sorry). 36 myself so I'm just a young cub, but I can see 40 coming like the proverbial freight train, but then again reading what you lot have written gives me more than hope :)

After reading all that about the "Duck and Cover" lessons some folks had yeeeeeeaaarrrrs ago :D Thought you might find my little snippet interesting.

I grew up in a place called Ilkley (moved away 15 years back) and throughout that time everyone was aware of the base on the top of the moors run by the US. This IS a massive NSA base, the forward listening post for eavesdropping on most of Europes communications, and (as far as we knew) the early warning station in case of a Nuke attack on the states. There are at least 30 'golf balls' housing radar dishes and all sorts of stuff up there, with the base itself being mostly subterrainian. Us locals knew of 5 levels but it was reputed far more. Never mind the funny lights (a big UFO hotspot) the wierdest thing I got from it was the fact you NEVER saw any of the folks working there, and that there was an 'American town' up there with taco bell etc. AAnd there were hundreds if not more living up there.

Anyway my real point was we grew up in that area secure in the knowledge that if there was a nuclear war, like as not Menwith Hill would be a first strike target. I think we were told that if we saw the burst we would have just enough time to open our mouths to scream. Comforting thought eh? At least we wouldn't be around for the fallout!

Apart from that, I dropped outta an English public school (what, what, old bean!) and started smoking properly after a mate came back from San Diego, and went mad looking for some hash!! And so began my long road. 5/6 years doing little before I met an Irish lass that took me home as a souvenier, we split and I stayed in Ireland. After finding I'm shit hot at candlemaking, I spent 12 years in the Irish Crafts industry (which unfortunately is dying on its feet after 9/11) hand producing candles. Here comes the good bit. After banging our heads againt the brick wall of shite cheap imported candles, we gave up (really regrettedly so, it is my first love). I had another hobby I loved and was bloody good at too. Hydroponics. So, I'm typing this from my very own Hydroponics/Growlight shop a year down the line :D x5. We are to move premises this weekend to a bigger shop, and have loadsa great ideas ahead. Its alot less stress than Candlemaking!! (I do miss it big time though)

Now THATS a ramble, not even toking!!

FlipTop

PS Gunny, the story 'bout KG and the oyster bed?!?

zunny

Hi DJ! So far, so good.

Fliptop - I spent six months at Menwith Hill in 86 (we call it Harrogate).. LOL Civilian Clothes, long hair... it was great!

Coreolis Effect

Ilkey moor bar tat fliptop
I too was in yorkshire - started working in the Mines at 16, went on strike got made redundant at 24 - we all know the story by now i'm sure
Took off with the convoy after that, started doing the festivals in the summer, and either spain or central london in the winter
Somehow I managed to change my career to editing adverts along the way
I came off the road finally in Amsterdam when the dutch police shut down the island
Around about that time I met my girlfriend in the grasshopper, when it was the only place I could get this new weed called Northern Lights lol
Came back to London - set up my own biz, which went from strength to strength, now i'm prety much all over europe

Oh and I love growing and smoking quality ganja, have done for many years.

HyGradeChronic

hey...

hey...

..... hi dj, hcm, and riverlady. yea dj it's safe here gunny does good work here!!!!! :D
..... peace
..... HGC

FlipTop

jeez gunny were you working on the downed UFOs up there :O or just listening to the Kremlin whacking off on the 0898 sex lines? :) I'll not ask as you probably won't tell :D Do you still have the black suit n shades?

Strange area that, don't stray off the paaath at noight, me boy *cackle* Any wonder I live in Ireland? At least they dont eat trespassers here.