What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WELCOME Fellow Geriatric Stoners!

bullgod1960

I just registered about 10 minutes ago and am now going to bore you all. I turned 43 in October, got to spend my birthday 700 miles away from my wife and 2 teenagers because I was taking care of my mother who had pancreatic cancer. She wanted to pass at home, and with the help of hospice, I was able to keep her there until the last 3 weeks of her life. I lost a brother to renal cell cancer in 1997( he was 46 yrs old), and lost my father to lung cancer on Father's Day, 1999. I grow and smoke a: to keep my sanity, and b: for our meds. My wife has degenerative disc disease, and fibromyalgia, and I have severe arthritis as well as numerous other ailments. O.K., enough whining! I have smoked since Feb. of 1974(hey, an anniversary!!). Does anyone remember the first rush of Santa Marta Gold? How about the redbud? I remember the first time I paid 35$ for an OZ, and bitched for a week!LOL Anyway, joined the U.S. Coast Guard in 1977, spent all 4 years at a search and rescue station on Lake St. Clair, St. Clair Shores, MI., where I developed a nasty drinking and Quaalude habit just to deal with pulling bodies out of the water. I drank VERY heavily until the year 2000, when the wife and kids said ENOUGH!!! I have since straightened myself up, and the thought of whiskey makes me sick. The damage I did to my body is a major part of my health problems now. Well sorry to bore everyone, but once I started typing, I couldn't stop. Anyway that's my story, and I will now fade into the background. Peace, and green hits for all!!!

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Nice post there, bg. I can relate even though you are much, much older than me (I'm ONLY 42). I'm a cross-addict, so I have to watch everything extra close in my life. My wife made me give up drinking 20 years ago (that was a brilliant move that I am now enjoying), as I was a lush. I don't drink today because it is just one more problem I can do without. The quacks are always trying to get me to take opiates and other narcotics to deal with the headaches, but I can't because I'm an addict. You tell them you're an addict and it is like they put a tab in your file that says, "torture this asshole - he's an addict". Sometimes they would give me a narcotic and not tell me about it. Boy, Mrs. MPD would really give them hell when we found out.

Mrs. MPD is my Gibraltar. She is my number one promoter, fan, backer, best friend, and only lover. She's 17 years older than me, but the age difference was never an issue for me and never will be.

I think we're going to be okay, bg. All of us. We're a community of people who have turned their backs on the concept of having to be an asshole in order to live a life of dignity.

Definitely a two center...

Hambone

Hey Folks,

Hi I'm Hambone and I just registered here. Ive been using the net for grow help over the last couple of years, and am a member at CW.

Figured I would chime in as I fit the age profile. I grew up in the US in the 60's and really did figure at that time that marijuana should be legal soon as it really wasnt a problem back then with the law and all. I started to smoke weed when I was a sophmore in high school. I then quit after I graduated from college for numerous reasons. My Dad is USMC retired, so I know some of what your about there Gunny! I say this with total respect for all service men and their accomplishments. Anyhow, my roomates and I started growing when I was a college student and we become somewhat proficient at the hobby.

I was reacquainted with mj when I caught my two Son's smoking weed with one of their friends. I was floored to hear what they paid, thanks to the WOD. I had long forgotten the real benefits of mj as it now helps me with all the aches and pains of mid-life etc., and as such started myself a small indoor garden to which my motto is Show No One-Tell No One. This is a hard motto to go with but it has to be cause I'm in the US and in this state plant numbers count! Quaaludes...wow did I ever eat my weight in them, lol that brought back some memories. (as I rub my scars)

Thanks for the invitation to join you all, I feel as though Im in grand company! Best wishes to you all.
HB...

zunny

Welcome everyone!

Welcome everyone!

Looks like some fine folks we got hangin' round the fire!...

Welcome!

Good to see so many recogizable personalities popping in here... better yet to see even more new faces!

We are a growing majority. A new breed: - - Mature, Law abiding (with the exception of cannabis), middle aged, responsible stoners... LOL

Be safe my friends....

BigPapa

Another oldie but goodie

Another oldie but goodie

Well,let's see....30years ago I had been out o high school for 2 years.My oldest son graduated last year.My 36 yr old wife keeps me young,as do our 4 children (we have a total of 6),Started growing weed this fall.We went through a lot of seedlings before we had any females to survive.Our 1st harvest was 3 weeks ago.Best that we have smoked in a loooong time:D I'm happy to be here and about to order my 1st seeds.All tthe other stuff was bag seed.Anyway,here we are,BigPapa and family

BigPapa

Herbie

Herbie

Yup.That's Herbie.Ican't remember which site I ripped him off from.It took a bit of re-sizing to get him down to the size limit.He's now a bit out of proportion,but I like him:)
BigPapa

You probably can't tell it,but there is a cop car with flashing lights behind him with the spotlight on him.

Last edited:

booboy

Y'all have any room in here for another old fart? Shit, I've been trying to to get in here for the last 3 days. Me or the machine, hell if I know. Peace from the swamp

bonbon

forty five is not old

forty five is not old

i guess i'm really fortunate,other than a few bad teeth and a difficult time reading fine print,I'm still having a good time in spite of raveging myself through various hardcore addiction's(scotch,horse,freebase,bean's,etc )Iknow i was stupid for a long time,It's amazing what the love of my lady and my family can do when you think that you don't give a damn anymore,you can only hurt the one's that love you.... love and peace...bonbon

MRS BUZZZ

well hello folks..some very familiar names here..hhmm..might as well check this place out:)

animated avitars.. goodie!!

hacksaw

well hell, gunns! ..I didn't know you had your own ROOM here!

..however, I'm not real sure that I would care for some of the adjetives used in the forum title... like "OLD" ... and "CRASH" !!!

LOL! ...how about a diff name for the forum.... like:

- Gurus of Ganja
- Professional Potologists
- Veterans of Foriegn Mulls
- Old enough to know better but to stoned to care

... feel free to explore your own imaginations! :D

zunny

Hack....

We use those degrading names only so the punks stay away. Of course we all feel we have "been there, got the T-Shirt." If we started posting just how smart we really are, the kids/trolls would be on us like maggots on a gut pile. :D

Glad to see ya found your way here! Looking forward to seeing ya around.

P.S. This aint my room. It is YOUR room. I'm just here attempting to keep the peace until senility kicks in. :)

booboy

until senelity kicks in? Damn gunns, youve been there for some time now. Wake the hell up and smell the flowers before they plant 'em on ya. Ahahahaha. Peace from the swamp

speck

Finding this place makes me grin BIG.

I thought I was all alone down here. There are some of us remaining on earth.

I have had to be so secretive for so long.

I am a retired wildland firefighter. I live way out in the woods in Florida on a piece of land my family has owned for generations. I've grown weed secretley (very very secretly) for several years.

When I got a computer for christmas everything changed. I found gypsy and BOG and so much good will.

I guess I found community in a lap top.

Thank God, I thought all this kindness was gone
:p

H

HellBoy

St. Teflon said:
I am over 6000 years old but don't look a day over 60.:cool:

^^^ .. MuuuAhhhhHahahahahahaha.... Just a BABY I see... pppfffttt... 6000 years.. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

922bgfiremini.gif

HellBoy