What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird Leafs on my plants

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

sproutco....Have you ever seen a plant, besides yours, that didnt have a micro deficiency?

sproutco

Veteran

I guess his ferts have enough sulfur. Not calcium def. That leaves 5 micros.

Tip: More macronutrients requires more micronutrients...

Last edited:

CaptJamesTKirk

sroutco - possibley more growing and less guessing would benifit your abilities. (Did I say more growing? - make that ANY CANNABIS growing)

That looks like the same problem you have earlier diagnosed as correctable with stump remover, what do you do spin a wheel and guess what the pointer lands on?

I intercepted an xray, rumored to be that of sproutco, but aside from the obvious simularatis, can not be confirmed, so, with your permission and until further notice, shall be accpeted as no less than possible.

newbie - - that limp plant is wayyyyy to dry - water it immeadiatly

before ya do - lift the pot and gauge the weight - you want to avoid depleating them THAT far - ideally you want to water them just prior to begining to wilt - better to wilt a little than water too soon

what nutes?

1/4 strength to start - with them that stressed, I'd vote for just PH lowered water for this time

Last edited:

sproutco

Veteran
CaptJamesTKirk said:
and seeing as he tends to be "unique" in his diagnosis and methods
This is what happens when a horticulturalist gives a diagnosis. Yes, I studied 4 years at a major university in the United States. You appear insecure and a wannabe. Go to the public library...its free and see me later. :pointlaug

CaptJamesTKirk

sproutco said:
This is what happens when a horticulturalist gives a diagnosis. Yes, I studied 4 years at a major university in the United States. You appear insecure and a wannabe. Go to the public library...its free and see me later. :pointlaug

Is your memory that short? possibly like your growing experience?

strange, Dutchgrown has posted this response to you:
"sproutco.....While your intentions may be good in trying to help other growers, without the proof to back up a method, whether it be a new or old method, leaves the proposed/suggested method in question. As a grower who most likely has alot more grows under their belt, along with univeristy studies regarding horticulture, I must....with all fairness in mind....say to 'all growers seeking grow information' on icmag that unless the person proposing such can back it up with credible info and pics, please do not take any such advice to heart, whether it be this thread or another. If someone can't back up their theory/method...then that should tell you something about the proposal.

Thread closed.
dg"

When I graduated - the guest speaker said 1/2 of what we learned would be proven wrong - his regret was he couldn't tell us which half. I think he underestamated.

Appearantly while you studied books, some of us LEARNED. IMO that's the problem with college educations - they don't indicate skill and devotion - and the fact that you have one is no indicator of expertiese; as I have said before for someone with 3000 posts and no garden, there is a serious descrepency there.

Just calm down with the advice - set up your grow (yeah I read posts that I don't feel compeled to respond to) and put that book readin to good use and show us your skill instead of talk. With the expertiese you claim to have you should have no problem getting a harvest.

Need some beans? With the lump of coal I got, - I also got a couple fine examples of genetics I could share.
I would like to see you with a nice garden. Should you burn one or two up,,,, I'll be the one with the big smirk.
That's all.

Last edited:

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
WTF

WTF

sproutco said:
Sounds like micronutrient deficiency. Feed weakly with every watering. Adjust fert water ph to 5.8 to 6.0 after mixing. This is important because too high a ph reduces micronutrient uptake. Range of ph that's ok in promix is 5.6 to 6.2 Mist clones that appear droopy.
Spouty yer giving shitty advice again! Twice in this thread,and with something so simple too.Tellin him he has a boron def when it's plain to see it's jus a revegging plant and now this, those leaves are NORMAL,thats the way new growth looks by the time they grow out they'll be dark green jus like the rest.The next new ones will do the same etc..You'd know this IF YOU GREW!!! Ya know,if ya don't know what yer talkin about you shouldn't be "spouting" bad information.....To the thread starter,you might want to put something in yer bowl to break the surface tention of the water.Something like a rolled up newspaper(cut down to size) will help.It breaks the tention and wicks the water up helping raise the RH %.About yer bulb,I have a cool and a warm deluxe.The blue seems to make them grow slower than the warm.When I want to slow my veg down I put the blue one in lower the temp and can jus about stop growth while keepin em nice and healthy.When I want to speed em up I pop in the warm bulb raise the temps and away they go.I've never used the natural deluxe,but I think it would better than the cool(imo).Well,jus thought I'd pop in when I saw Spouty spoutin bad info AGAIN! Good luck and take care...BC

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help guys. The camera does them alot of justice! I just gave them a watering. PH was 6.2 bang on! I think I may have over watered the last time. I think I'm going to water them less but more often. I think fully saturating them then letting them dry out and repeating sounds stressful. So I figure if I keep the soil at a more constant moisture/water level. I dunno just gonna try that.

B.C

Thanks for that tip. Definately going todo the newspaper/water trick. Totally understand what your talking about. Dunno how I didn't think of that lol!

Merry Xmas guys! Big Lebowski is on so going to watch that. Got my white russian in hand! Peace!

G

Chronic Newfie said:
Thanks for all your help guys. The camera does them alot of justice! I just gave them a watering. PH was 6.2 bang on! I think I may have over watered the last time. I think I'm going to water them less but more often. I think fully saturating them then letting them dry out and repeating sounds stressful. So I figure if I keep the soil at a more constant moisture/water level. I dunno just gonna try that.

B.C

Thanks for that tip. Definately going todo the newspaper/water trick. Totally understand what your talking about. Dunno how I didn't think of that lol!

Merry Xmas guys! Big Lebowski is on so going to watch that. Got my white russian in hand! Peace!
I water mine till I get run off and let them dry out between waterings....just dont let them saty dry to long...No stress ...just make sure the roots get air and dont stay wet all the time...stay safe

CaptJamesTKirk

Chron - try to water them when they want it, not when you think. That dry spell gets air to the roots and makes those roots grow out to get more water "next time" - don't soak it the first few waterings -
Overwatering drowns the roots and suffocates the vegatation - (and looks like a ton of diffecencieis) (HINT HINT)

Ballance watch and observe. - it gets easier. - That reveg, changes the whole plant metabolisium - overwatering is common - you made it thru that.

IMO watering is the first step to achieve chi with the plants, and watering the root zone and "just beyond" to promote root expansion and still be able to use weight to help show you when they are thirsty. (If you soak a fresh transplant - the pot will still be heavy when the plant's root zone is dry)

I am a proponent of frequent transplants and gradually increasing pot sizes. The advantage is ensuring full and compleate root density.

Some people can put a seed in a five gallon pot and raise it to maturity. Most often it's a recipe for frequent problems and uneven root density. I have found 10 oz styro cups great for seeds and clones. I tried 1/2 full cups - bad misteake - 3/4 to 7/8 full, - I use Foxfarms O/F and 50% or so pearlite - eliminated a lot of PH and nute issues i had before - but appears to be a tad hot for some Hashplant babies I have in progress - shows to go ya - they are all different and wana be special. -

What are you using for ferts and soil?

Last edited:

heart2grow

MTF-Sandman said:
Yup...it's just a reveg since the clones were taken in flowering. Give em time and they'll straighten themselves out.

thats what i was thinking i had single leaf blades when i revegged now there back up to 5 leaf blades... :chin: :joint:

On the one I am seeing 7 blade leaf. And all new growth is normal again. 3,5 and 7 =)

Thanks Hurricane and TKirk for the the explanation on the water cycle. Thats really helpful. When I watered them today no run off came. I just fed till a little bit was dripping off. Last watering I think I definately over watered. Like way too much run off came. The roots are at the bottom of the pot now. The LST I want to keep as a mother. I'm going to flower the mutant.

I haven't totally planed out what I'm going todo. I have 6 seeds that are cracking right now. And 2 clones that I think will survive. I have these two plants. 1 i would like to keep as a mum (the lst ak). I think I should flower the mutant now. I think by the time this mutant is done in flower I should have the seeds veged enough to flower by the time the mutant is done flowering. I think I'd like to flower 3 plants at a time. So hopefully 1ak, 1hpxww, and 1MK

As of right now for nute. I feed them with Canna Flora Nova and B'cuzz Growth Stimulator. Not sure what I should do for flowering. My grow store carries botanicare and Canna products mostly. And DNF but I haven't heard many good things about the. Not many bad things either. I don't have access to fox farms I don't think. They don't carry it at my local place yet

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
BTW

BTW

heart2grow said:
thats what i was thinking i had single leaf blades when i revegged now there back up to 5 leaf blades... :chin: :joint:
A shot of high N ferts will bring em back quicker,for those who don't know...BC

G

Chronic Newfie said:
On the one I am seeing 7 blade leaf. And all new growth is normal again. 3,5 and 7 =)

Thanks Hurricane and TKirk for the the explanation on the water cycle. Thats really helpful. When I watered them today no run off came. I just fed till a little bit was dripping off. Last watering I think I definately over watered. Like way too much run off came.

Listen if you have good drainage run off is good...thats not over watering....Over watering is when you dont give the roots time to dry out before the next feeding....in the begining you may need to only feed her once every 3 days...towards the end you could be feeding her 2 times a day..Understand...? runoff is not over watering...feeding a small plant water everyday and not letting it get air in the roots is Overwatering and the plant wont grow much.....Roots need air...water the pot till you see some run off...best of luck and not trying to harp on ya...I just think you are misunderstanding the over water/runoff thing...stay safe

heart2grow

B.C. said:
A shot of high N ferts will bring em back quicker,for those who don't know...BC

i agree also with that^^^^^^ after i swithched to feeding every watering(instead of once every 3rd watering) they just blew up though i only water once maybe every 1 to 2 weeks.... :joint: :wave:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Originally Posted by Verite
He's using tap water so theres not much chance hes experiencing any of the following deficiencies, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc and most of all boron. Tap water contains plenty.

sproutco said:
That's not right.

What kind of answer is that for a 4 year horticulturist? If you think Im wrong then take the initiative to prove me wrong just like all the rest of us do with you. Then take the time to go correct wiki too.

... Hard water is water that has a high mineral content (water with a low mineral content is known as soft water). This content usually consists of high levels of metal ions, mainly calcium (Ca) and magnesium (Mg) in the form of carbonates, but may include several other metals as well as bicarbonates and sulfates...

... Total water 'hardness' (including both Ca++ and Mg++ ions) is reported as ppm w/v (or mg/L) of CaCO3. Water hardness usually measures the total concentration of Ca and Mg, the two most prevalent divalent metal ions, although in some geographical locations iron, aluminium, and manganese may also be present at elevated levels. Calcium usually enters the water from either CaCO3, as limestone or chalk or from mineral deposits of CaSO4. The predominant source of magnesium is dolomite, CaMg(CO3)2....

... According to the United States Geological Survey, 85% of US homes have hard water.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_water

Then go google just about any of those 85% detailed cities " water quality/analysis report " that has listings for metals and elements and read the numbers for yourself.

Thanks for everyones help. They are doing great.

I was playing around with a camera I got for xmas. Heres a pic I took I really
like. I think they need some stump remover though.. I'm not sure.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
LOL

LOL

Chronic Newfie said:
Thanks for everyones help. They are doing great.

I was playing around with a camera I got for xmas. Heres a pic I took I really
like. I think they need some stump remover though.. I'm not sure.

Yep,that's the "classic" stump remover deficientcy,if ever I've seen one.lol later,BC

Status
Not open for further replies.