What's new

Weed Wars: New show on Discovery

Backspace

Well I wish them all the luck and hope the show goes more in to the medical aspect. So much hate here. Seems weird to me. stick a camera on your ass for days at a time and then let someone else edit it. My guess. 90% of you would look like idiots! Myself included in that 90%.

Mia

Those of us who live in the bay area are a little more privy to Harborside's seemingly monopolistic tactics.
For us independant little guys, they don't really make our lives any easier or better, despite their proclamations otherwise.
There is nothing compassionate about charging someone $65 an eighth before tax.
Sorry, not when the bay is flooded and they're low balling us growers from what I hear through the grapevine.(never done business with them)
It was only a little while back they convinced the city of Oakland to allow them to blow up warehouses. Then the feds stepped in and scared the shit out of them all.
They seem like they want to be the walmart of weed. Their intentions are suspect.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
i hope HARBORSIDE gets busted......

they are crooks, pathological liars and this show just makes the industry look fucking stupid.....

hope they get what they want, attention....from the federal government

hate me if you want, my opinion.......

Well, that answers my question if the 4k guy was Krunch or not.. lol

mgk :laughing:

K1ndBudz

Why always so much fussin & fightin between us stoners?....I was glad to see the guys running hhc are just some stoners like me, lots of weed around, can't pay the F'n bills, wake & bake, ect.

I don't give a fudge what they do, just glad to see patients are gettin what helps them...
One Love.

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
I think the show was OK, pretty much what I expected. I have to say I'm expecting Harborside to be raided any day now. How can they not? That guy in CO was raided by the feds after he showed his fairly small grow room on TV. And then there's the ongoing threats and raids throughout CA.

Something I hadn't about though, what if they DON'T get raided? Here's a bit from an article at Weed Warrior about that possibility:

So I am declaring that if the Feds decide that Discovery Channel can have a show on with people dispensing large quantities of cannabis to qualified patients in accordance with State law with no interference from them, then I believe that it will be difficult for them to prosecute another legitimate medical cannabis provider ever again…period. So in essence, as of 7 pm tonight, barring any madness, providing medical cannabis will be 100% legal and everyone should go big or go home. I think it will be brilliant if they can pull it off and they may just open doors for the rest of us…not to mention the hearts and minds of Joe Public. If the Feds sit idly by an watch America fall in love with the Weed Wars message and imagery then I am not sure how they can continue to kick down any doors, send threatening letters, and seize people’s stuff….It just does not make common sense.

In other words, if the feds don't do anything about such a blatant violation of federal law now, it will be VERY difficult for them to prosecute future cases. They can't selectively enforce the law.

The full article is here: http://cannabiswarrior.com/2011/12/01/weed-is-legal-at-7-pm-tonight-maybe/

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Those of us who live in the bay area are a little more privy to Harborside's seemingly monopolistic tactics.
For us independant little guys, they don't really make our lives any easier or better, despite their proclamations otherwise.
There is nothing compassionate about charging someone $65 an eighth before tax.
Sorry, not when the bay is flooded and they're low balling us growers from what I hear through the grapevine.(never done business with them)
It was only a little while back they convinced the city of Oakland to allow them to blow up warehouses. Then the feds stepped in and scared the shit out of them all.
They seem like they want to be the walmart of weed. Their intentions are suspect.

you hit the nail on the head, straight home run......

EVERY SINGLE PERSON i know that has gone there, including me, has NOTHING GOOD to say about them......

who likes to stand in line for a hour, maybe even longer to be treated like shit by the people who work there? treated like your under them, straight dirt....

who likes to get lied to about there clones that they are going to use for medicine? not labeled correctly , infestations and old, wooded clones.......

WHO THE FUCK LIKES TO GET CHARGED $65 AN EIGHTH AND $450 AN OUNCE? in this economy? so many years after prop 215? and they talk about passion.....

what vendor likes to get low balled to death, not get paid for 4 weeks and see your shit on the shelf for top price?

NO THANKS!!!

I agree mostly with what all you guys are saying. But I give Deangelo respect for standing up for something we all believe in. I think he has a huge set of balls so does "Wedding Dress". Maybe thats why he wears a dress cause his balls are so BIG! But really they are risking their freedom for the MMJ movement. I may not agree with their buisness model or their different personalitys but at the end of the day they are standing up to the FEDS!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
still no reason to want someone to get busted IMO.. Another thing to keep in mind is that any well Qualified CFO,Managers would never even think of applying for a position in this market to many risks for them. This is why they probably dont have the well qualified personnel no one will apply for the job..If the law was different im sure there would be more people to pick from that have the proper education and experience that might consider working in the cannabis industries.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Tell me if you agree Krunch - telling old Jon your the oonly one still getting 4k, Thats because they have either burned or pissed offf. the real quality producers that use to work with HS.

IMHO the quality of the medicine they sell has dropped significantly since they opened the San Jose Shop. They use to be the only place you could go and get a+++ amounts of the elites of elites Stardawg, Chemdawg4, Chem 3, DUD, SSSDH. Now if they have anything called those names there either bunk or crappily grown. The Jon dude use to drop his Sage an sour at the telegraph disp, but he burned that bridge with Erik their buyer. And my prediction is they will stroke him till they got him comfortable then treat him like shit and burn that bridge too.

I also predict the Oaktown boys will be keeping and eye out for Jon carrying his bag. Now that he has put it out for the world to see. Jon will get robbed sooner than later. Gang members around here will take any opportunity they hear or find out about.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Just noticed that there's another pot related show on tv tonight. It's called Marijuana Gold Rush.. it's on the National Geographic Channel.. preview was a nice clip out of a nice outdoor garden.. it's on at 9:00 est

mgk :tiphat:

Mia

you hit the nail on the head, straight home run......
thanks for the compliment!
I like reading your threads.
After visiting quite a few local collectives, I must say I've been overall thoroughly unimpressed with the people who are running these places. Very unprofessional.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
comes on again at 9pm.. Old show though. we use to have a forum here for people looking for jobs. We grow advertised in that thread. I think 1 guy here got a job there when it was still open.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
thanks for the compliment!
I like reading your threads.
After visiting quite a few local collectives, I must say I've been overall thoroughly unimpressed with the people who are running these places. Very unprofessional.

do better?

Latest posts

Latest posts