What's new

Weed Too Strong?

big twinn

Veteran
I think we all have friends that just lack experience when smoking...its kind of like finding the liquor bottle when your a teenager. Either people dont have the experience or tolerance to know how to moderate or they have never had anything outside of commercial. I have a friend whom asks to smoke every time he comes over and it never fails, literally every time he has a panic attack and thinks he is having a heart attack LOL, even if its just one hit thats been half-ass inhaled.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Seriously though, is the concept of smoking LESS that hard to grasp? My mom has a friend who tried some of my home grown, and she threw up and freaked out. My specific instructions were "One hit, then WAIT", six hits later, the seventh was the floor.

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
The only reason that my weed isn't too strong for me is that I consume it everyday and have a developed a high tolerance. I smoke way more than my casual smoker friends. Occasionally I go through periods when I'm anxious and it is hard to smoke and enjoy it. During these times I take a break. When I get back to smoking weed after these times I don't enjoy it as much. Relative to the baseline of medium to heavy consumption, smoking during these return periods is associated with more paranoia and anxiety. Gradually I would build up a tolerance and get back in the groove.

Seriously, don't smoke for a week, roll and finish a big joint of the best stuff you have, and ask yourself whether weed is sufficiently strong. My guess is that you would say it is plenty strong.

Pine

Okay i wouldnt knock on your friends if it wasnt for the comment "They dont really like hanging over at your place" because of strong weed? IMO chilling is chillin, if you cant handle the smoke then dont smoke so much or dont smoke at all. I've seen to many egos try to show off and i get quite a few laughs when it does happen.

Last year i made a family member trip. I felt bad for the family member but it brings me to the next story. Same batch went over to a friends and he had one of his friends over. His friend is a grower for a dispensary. I loaded a bowl up and as i was doing so he was bragging about all this dank weed he grows. So once he lights up he starts getting major lung expansion starts coughin like crazy. Next thing i know about 10 mins later he bolts for the back door puking his guts out over the balcony. Yaaa he stopped bragging about his "dank" weed after that :)

If its me and im at someones house ill take a a few puffs when i get there and pass on anymore if its closer to the time i leave. I know my comfort limits and dont feel bad turning down smoke if i know im not going to be around for a min. If however i am not going anywhere the only limit i have on smoking is conserving. Just the other night i ate a batch of cookies, a brownie, candy drops, 2 rice crispy treats, and then loaded a bowl of OG with bubble and bho. It was a great night and i slept well

Cheers,

ColoOG

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your friends are trying to keep up with you and feel less than adequate if they cannot. If you explain that you smoke more than them because of tolerance and they still try to keep up then that is their problem. Men often seem to find drinking or smoking is a contest and their manhood is at stake.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I dig the situation. Its common I know the crap out of people too.
Whoever smoked any of my gear knows to treat it very respectfully.

If your friends get fucked up from the amount they are used to smoke it would be much easier to offer them tobacco or tobacco substitutes to break down the intensity.
Or like mentioned before you could dry sift the buds and safe the sift for later use.

I rather keep my buds blazing potent and let people break it down, smoke only 4-5 hits off my joints or learn the lesson.

I got some overpowering weed, but 95% of the time, considering the time it takes me to smoke, once I start feeling an effect I put down the joint and store it or pass it on.

I never met any weed that I couldn't control.

GanjaPharma

i get a few folks from out east (its ALL east of here) come up to bellinghamsterdam for a visit.
usually they freak out on day 1, but are doin fine by day 4 or 5 of non-stop oil dabs and spliffs of AAA ganj. i think it has less to do with physical tolerance and more to do with the psychological ability to function while under mild hallucinogenic influence.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I second GanjaPharma, you need to learn to keep your shit together while high.

...and I third GanjaFarmer and fonzee. Some people are most uncomfortable in their own headspace. Give them mind opening juice, remove the TV, shopping, and work...and all of a sudden it is like a metaphysical accountability WTF. Good indicator of true mental health and stability...if you can remained chilled when the floor falls away and the tree of life starts to speak to you.

dont wanna sound like a dick but saying weed is too strong is like saying the music's too loud...

Im pretty sure you're getting old if A: weed is too strong B: music is too loud.

my old man never will tell anyone to turn down the music, but i have heard him say "this weed is too strong"... so i dunno....

dont wanna piss off any older guys cause you all could kick my ass, but I feel the same way about booze now... leaving my twenties soon and I cannot drink like I could when 19 or 20.... so is the booze stronger too?

TheGreenReaper;4846155 Good indicator of true mental health and stability...if you can remained chilled when the floor falls away and the tree of life starts to speak to you.[/quote said:
I'll take a rip of whatever this ^^^ guy is smokin'..........

stagehand

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no such thing as to strong. The people smoking it are just intolerant. Im like that can't smoke to much. Even smoking everyday for a year I still cant smoke a whole blunt to myself..

Weed Too Strong?

The guy told him that he didn't really like hanging out at my place because he always gets WAY too fucked up.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts