What's new

Weed Too Strong?

E

el dub

So, I had a few friends over last weekend to watch fights. Then I had lunch yesterday with another mutual friend who couldn't make it over for the fights, but talked to a buddy who did. The guy told him that he didn't really like hanging out at my place because he always gets WAY too fucked up. (I only saw him take a few hits of weed the entire evening.) The guy said he could barely drive home after a couple glasses of wine and a few tokes.

Anyway, my friend yesterday admitted that my weed is usually too strong for him and his crew. He reminded me about the number of folks who have needed to recline after a couple of puffs and even a few who just plain fell out during sessions at my place.

He then told me he'd be pleased if I could come up with a strain that tastes great but doesn't knock him out. While I have to admit that sounds interesting, I've always grown for strength first and foremost. (My jars are currently full of OG, Bubba, blueberry train and black affie, for the most part.)

Anyone else have this problem?

lw

blackone

Veteran
Well if he's toking and driving then that's the problem right?
I used to be looking for a strain with good taste and low potency for myself because I can barely smoke a cigarette-sized joint without getting way too stoned but now since I stopped smoking tobacco I'm conscious about the effect of smoking on my lungs and less potency = more smoke I would have to inhale.

crack-attack

Closer to the sun and far from the moon
ICMag Donor
find better friends!!!! lol just joking haha

some dont like the crazy knock-out high.. i would get a nice sativa maybe.. maybe something like C99. a lot of my friends cant handle my heavy indicas.

so i guess my advise would be a sativa, or sativa dom strain. C99 flowers FASST and has more of a social high. i actually blazed some for the first time just the other night, GREAT social smoke. going to pick some up soon

hope this helps! :wave:

E

el dub

crack attack: LOL c-99 original from Bros Grimm is one of my all time favorites. Unfortunately. I've knocked more people down with her than all of the rest combined.

lw

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I grew out some Master Kush a few years ago that turned out to be a real party killer. Less experienced smokers would take a couple puffs then turn white and tune out. It made some people nauseous. It wasnt pretty. I was actually accused of "lacing" the weed . LOL.

sneaky101

I have a friend or 2 like that. I like my smoke strong too. I grew out some of Rez's sour diesel ibl a few years ago and that was the strongest smoke I've ever had. I may have let that go a little too long though because it would even knock my ass out....and that is a rare thing for bud to do that to me. And it did it every time I smoked it. You could always pluck some a little early for your friends, but I hate the taste of early bud....no one else I know can taste it, but I can.

M

moodster

sounds like pussy friends or pussy weed i wud test it for you i bet it wudnt knock me out LOL

E

el dub

moodster: It doesn't knock me out either. But I smoke all day, every day. Most of the folks I've knocked down have been civilians with lives outside of the industry we've chosen.

As for friends who are pussies....... One of the guys at my place last week has a final amateur fight in Jan before hopefully going pro in MMA. hehe

lw

C

COOKIE MONSTER

A. tell them to smoke less of it.

B. Tell your idiot friend not to be driving after a few drinks and smokes and ring a taxi.

MagicChef

I prefer the most narcotic, knock you out, ringing in your ears, cant keep your eyes open, resin on your teeth, nine week indicas. If we step into a doobie in my neck of the woods, and the stuffs too strong for you, theres always some skim milk in the fridge you could warm up and sip on. Pussy. :joint:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

if he's a lightweight and one of those seldom tokers who never build up any tolerances he should do one hit and leave it at that, would you really lower your standards to accommodate? I know I wouldn't. Don't break out any edibles around this guy either, it would be a disaster.

E

el dub

cookie: The guy in question owns multiple bars here in town. They are professional drinkers, imo. Two glasses of wine over the course of three hours is really nothing for these folks. I think the few tokes put him over the edge but he didn't realize it until he hit the bricks.

lw

E

el dub

Btw, I spend time between the midwest and cali. I've never heard ANY friend in cali say any weed was too strong.

The midwest, on the other hand, is another story........

lw

"They are professional drinkers, imo. Two glasses of wine over the course of three hours is really nothing for these folks."

Pro drinkers are killing one every 7-10 mins just to get the pump primed. These guys arent pro drinkers...housewives with kids home clear more wine than that. Sounds like these guys live clean and it doesn't take much to intoxicate them. They just need less.

B

bench warmer

Weed Too Strong?

Maybe you could grow out some of DJ Short's euphoria inducing strains, screening the dried cured flowers thoroughly for your own kief collection. Then let your friends smoke the buds. I suspect they will eventually want the kief left on the buds as their tolerance rises.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
find better friends!!!! lol just joking haha

some dont like the crazy knock-out high.. i would get a nice sativa maybe.. maybe something like C99. a lot of my friends cant handle my heavy indicas.

so i guess my advise would be a sativa, or sativa dom strain. C99 flowers FASST and has more of a social high. i actually blazed some for the first time just the other night, GREAT social smoke. going to pick some up soon

hope this helps! :wave:

so you think having these lightweights racey and paranoid is better than them being zombied and couchlocked? nah- tell'm to bring their own

C

Classy@Home

Pretty much every response above is one I'd give...

Fuck 'em - they are lightweight, wannabe tokers, pussies and not smart enuff NOT to smoke too much...

Start events by verbally warning them - hard core herb being served - puff and pass you wimps - don't hit too much...

Do they ask you to water down their drinks, take it easy on the hot sauce, or not serve curry as it makes their asses to sore to wipe, too???

Too fucking bad - get new friends - invite me and the rest of the veterans from here.

We'll smoke your shit - and thank you for the honour...

Latest posts

Latest posts