What's new

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At that time that's how he felt. There isn't anything wrong with what he said. Now that he and others have allot more knowledge they don't feel much different about wearing masks.

No you couldn't. Ive never wavered in how I feel about using masks. Im not disillusioned about how much protection they offer .

shaggyballs

Veteran
He says exactly what I keep telling you.
You do see that right.
Almost to the letter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRa6t_e7dgI&feature=emb_logo

BTW
There was no shortage, I could buy all the PPE I ever wanted.

What is this new info everyone keeps talking about??
What sudden revelation was had here.
I am not privy to any new knowledge concerning masks.

Can you guide a brother to that ultra important mask info, please?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
At that time that's how he felt. There isn't anything wrong with what he said. Now that he and others have allot more knowledge they don't feel much different about wearing masks.

No you couldn't. Ive never wavered in how I feel about using masks. Im not disillusioned about how much protection they offer .

some people can learn, others do not want to. "if you cannot change your mind, you cannot change anything"

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
I've seen videos of real Drs and nurses talking about masks. They said themselves surgical masks are to stop blood splatters and have 0 effect on virus. You have to understand not all masks work. You need a special kinda microscope to even see a virus. They are smaller than bacteria and human cells.

and sars-cov-2 is not an airborne virus, it travels on water droplets. the masks minimize the spread of these water droplets.

that's why even a shitty cloth mask can mitigate the spread of sars-cov-2.

:dancer:

it's actually very simple if you think about it for a quick sec. maybe try.

I have agreed with you here, it will stop the spittle during a conversation.

For anything else it is ineffective.

that is literally the point! why are you continuing to argue against it, while both understanding and even admitting that you wear a mask?! are you just trying to piss people off?!

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
Woo woo, finally had a genuine reason to wear a mask! I purchased a wood burning/hobby iron to strategically burn drain holes in my solo cups. Figured I shouldn't breathe in that noxious burning plastic. I also managed the project out on my beautiful front porch in the glorious sun rise this a.m.. Worked phenomenally too!

To the Shame and Guilt brigade: I got y'all on ignore so...

:biglaugh: :whee: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
oh hahahahaha top kek!

ignore the reason and logic, i guess it hurts your feelings when people point out that you are stupidly endangering lives HAHAHAHA you're such a cool dude

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He says exactly what I keep telling you.
You do see that right.
Almost to the letter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRa6t_e7dgI&feature=emb_logo

BTW
There was no shortage, I could buy all the PPE I ever wanted.

What is this new info everyone keeps talking about??
What sudden revelation was had here.
I am not privy to any new knowledge concerning masks.

Can you guide a brother to that ultra important mask info, please?

Dude you keep repeating yourself like it means something different the 30x time. He doesn't feel that way anymore get it thorough your head.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Dude you keep repeating yourself like it means something different the 30x time. He doesn't feel that way anymore get it thorough your head.

I asked you did not reply....

What made him change his tune?
What is this new info everyone keeps citing as his reason for change in view.

What is it?

show me or I call bullshit!

shaggyballs

Veteran
and sars-cov-2 is not an airborne virus, it travels on water droplets. the masks minimize the spread of these water droplets.

that's why even a shitty cloth mask can help mitigate the spread of sars-cov-2.

:dancer:

it's actually very simple if you think about it for a quick sec. maybe try.
I tried and it is not that simple..lol

that is literally the point! why are you continuing to argue against it, while both understanding and even admitting that you wear a mask?! are you just trying to piss people off?!

No just clarifying that the mask does not protect like folks think it will.

I don't want folks going out into the world with a false sense of security.

You seem to be pushing the false sense of security thing.
You just wont let it go, either.

The mask is ineffective for anything other than spittle stoppage.

Nothing more, end of story here.

Stop spreading bad information, you are going to get folks killed that way.

Amynamous

The mask is ineffective for anything other than spittle stoppage.

Nothing more, end of story here.

Ummm... that’s EXACTLY why wearing a mask is a necessity. It blocks the spittle that escapes our mouths when we speak, cough, sneeze and breathe. Glad we can all agree and move on to other topics now.
:D

As a side note, Shaggy, you keep mentioning that you could buy unlimited numbers of masks in March and April, when the virus was just getting it’s traction. I could be wrong, but i believe that many of those masks were not ANSI and NIOSH approved. Lots of crappy and fake/fraudulent masks were being thrown around then. Hospitals cannot simply buy masks and other PPE from unknown sources. The state i live in recently announced that they were scammed by a fake company and paid millions of dollars for medical masks(N95/surgical masks) that were fraudulently mislabelled. These masks can not be used in healthcare settings.

St. Phatty

Both.

who knows when virus particles themselves are free floating ?

you can't even see it with an optical microscope.

i applied for a quote on a scanning electron microscope, just for kicks.

then, the little beggars are so small, you could look at a face-mask that's been in a "fertile" environment (local church full of Trump supporters) for hours and see nothing but face-mask.

much of what we know about Covid19 is by deduction.

i observe that it has surprised so many people, it's ALMOST as if the little Scaliwags (virus particles) spread like a GAS (molecular process of diffusion).

a biohazard that spreads like a gas ? Big fvcking problem.

but it will be YEARS before we can have confirmation, via experiment, of my guess.

whether it spreads like smoke particles, or the scent of a perfume, or a gas particle outright, is almost academic.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I asked you did not reply....

What made him change his tune?
What is this new info everyone keeps citing as his reason for change in view.

What is it?

show me or I call bullshit!

All the deaths and spread changed his tune. Even dip shit Trump is now saying use a mask

shaggyballs

Veteran
All the deaths and spread changed his tune. Even dip shit Trump is now saying use a mask

uhh, that should not change one's view on proper PPE usage?

The reason for the change of heart is strictly a political move.

It is extremely obvious to me, but you see it as you would like.

Faucci is a sellout.

Simple to see.
The complete flip flop is a joke.

SamsonsRiddle

Does anyone really believe that all these major chains of stores really care about their customer's safety? If you look at the numbers for all these big businesses they are WAY up. They want this exercise to continue. I just hope the doctors saying that prolonged mask wearing causes problems with our immune systems. I also hope that reduced oxygen and extra carbon dioxide doesn't cause any permanent damage.

Has anyone noticed that all the states that were strongest with their lockdowns and mask orders have the worst numbers?

shaggyballs

Veteran
Does anyone really believe that all these major chains of stores really care about their customer's safety? If you look at the numbers for all these big businesses they are WAY up. They want this exercise to continue. I just hope the doctors saying that prolonged mask wearing causes problems with our immune systems. I also hope that reduced oxygen and extra carbon dioxide doesn't cause any permanent damage.

Has anyone noticed that all the states that were strongest with their lockdowns and mask orders have the worst numbers?

Yep. I sure did.:D

Walmart says you don't need a mask now.:whee:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
uhh, that should not change one's view on proper PPE usage?

The reason for the change of heart is strictly a political move.

It is extremely obvious to me, but you see it as you would like.

Faucci is a sellout.

Simple to see.
The complete flip flop is a joke.

You keep saying 2 different things at the same time. Ive said all I can in here. If your not gonna use a mask nothing I say will make anyone start. Id hope you cared more about killing others. To you is a PPE thing. This thread is done. :D

shaggyballs

Veteran
You keep saying 2 different things at the same time. Ive said all I can in here. If your not gonna use a mask nothing I say will make anyone start. Id hope you cared more about killing others. To you is a PPE thing. This thread is done. :D

What two things do you refer to here?
Pretty sure I am saying the same thing over and over as you folks said in he past.

The mask will stop spittle that is about it.

If that is what you wear it for then good job.
If you wear it for any other reason you are fooling yourself,

BlackBart

Veteran

Not true ! I live in Maine we shut right down and opened up slowly + face masks are mandatory .

We have less then four hundred active cases in the whole state .
Are numbers are actually going down despite all the tourist that we have now

armedoldhippy

Veteran

medical experts have experimented wearing up to 6 masks at once & blood/oxygen levels did not drop much. try again. if masks were harmful, you can be damn sure medical professionals (not youtube "experts") would have spoken up YEARS ago...:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.