What's new

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
Strike one,
U missed the context completely (which is a tough look for such an educated dude.)

we weren’t speaking of events..
We were discussing asymptomatic spread.. and the “science” behind people wearing masks in their car by themselves

Care to take another wack at it mr science?:dancer:

Pro tip.. read at least the most recent page on a thread before responding (otherwise u may miss the context again)

now you're the post police? interesting.

h.h.

Veteran
Strike one,
U missed the context completely (which is a tough look for such an educated dude.)

we weren’t speaking of events..
We were discussing asymptomatic spread.. and the “science” behind people wearing masks in their car by themselves

Care to take another wack at it mr science?:dancer:

Pro tip.. read at least the most recent page on a thread before responding (otherwise u may miss the context again)
The same crap over and over. If they’re alone in a car, nobody gives a fuck but you.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Alone in a car with a mask on?
The bastards!!
Seriously though, if someone wants to wear a mask why would anyone try to stop them?
Maybe they are wannabe serial killers who haven’t got the balls to actually kill anyone, so they do it slowly and randomly by telling people not to wear a mask.

Or maybe it’s :

picture.php

mowood3479

Veteran
Alone in a car with a mask on?
The bastards!!
Seriously though, if someone wants to wear a mask why would anyone try to stop them?
Maybe they are wannabe serial killers who haven’t got the balls to actually kill anyone, so they do it slowly and randomly by telling people not to wear a mask.

Or maybe it’s :

View Image

I’ve never tried to stop someone from wearing a mask..
I’ve never even mentioned it to someone.
I will however howl with laughter when I see you wearing a mask in a car alone....
Especially if ur the covid police

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
The same crap over and over. If they’re alone in a car, nobody gives a fuck but you.
Hey I do it!

If I have to hit more than one store at an outside mall and, I have to drive to it. I don't bother taking it off and, I personally DGAF what folks think! :tiphat:

mowood3479

Veteran
Hey I do it!

If I have to hit more than one store at an outside mall and, I have to drive to it. I don't bother taking it off and, I personally DGAF what folks think! :tiphat:

More power to ya.
Ur staying safe from the terrible apocalyptic scourge of covid by wearing a strip of cloth on ur face and at the same time providing the passers by laughs.
It’s really win win

hillside

just took a 2 day drive with a friend that him and his whole family have "covid"lol with no masks ......... he has no symptoms i have no symptoms his 10 year old daughter did have a runny nose though .

You fuckin people will do whatever they tell you and blindly follow pretty fuckin pathetic .

i never worn a mask i never got sick no one i know has ever got actually sick I took 8 plane trips to new york area during the " pandemic "

my buddy who's overweight high blood pressure and diabetes had it and said it was weaker than cold . you idiots will believe whatever they tell you keep hiding in your basement with your mask on ill be enjoying my free life lol

keep doing your research on which masks our the best and how to best clean the mask or whatever the fuck floats your boat lol ......... keep wasting your energy on bullshit .

mr.brunch

Veteran
The idea of masks is not to stop people getting COVID, it’s to slow down the spread so hospitals can cope and lower the initial viral load.
Maybe help protect the older population too?
Although some people seem to think if you’re over 70 you don’t matter a fuck, not everyone thinks like that

mr.brunch

Veteran
I’ve never tried to stop someone from wearing a mask..
I’ve never even mentioned it to someone.
I will however howl with laughter when I see you wearing a mask in a car alone....
Especially if ur the covid police

Good, I’m glad to hear it.
If I’m travelling in a car alone, I’ve got bigger problems than COVID as I can’t drive.
And for the record, masks are recommended for indoor gatherings and outdoor gatherings where distance isn’t possible.
I don’t think anyone has ever recommended them for when you are alone or walking the streets

mowood3479

Veteran
If I’m travelling in a car alone, I’ve got bigger problems than COVID as I can’t drive.
And for the record, masks are recommended for indoor gatherings and outdoor gatherings where distance isn’t possible.
I don’t think anyone has ever recommended them for when you are alone or walking the streets

For the record.. a mandate isn’t a recommendation it’s an order.
I know the orders vary state to state, country to country..
But a mandate is an order with the threat of violence behind it.

Also, I think people of every age matter.
I just think the policy should be to voluntarily isolate those who are most affected by the virus (the old and Infirm)
Finance their isolation...
But to try to isolate the entire population because some older people
could catch the virus and die... is not only a dangerous policy that causes famine and financial destruction the world over.. it doesn’t even work.
If it did work, wouldn’t California be doing better than florida in regards to covid?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

but that is where I caught it...on the street, open air, no mask.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Lab protocol 101; when placing on a mask do not remove the mask until exposure to potential contaminants is past.

We put a mask on before going into the first stop on a town trip. Before getting back into the car, the items picked up or purchased are wiped down, and the EXTERIOR of the mask and nitrile gloves are wiped down before the person re-enters the vehicle.

Their externally disinfected gloves and masks remain on them until the last stop, and the last interaction with persons not from our home, then they are removed, and disinfected internally, externally, etc., and allowed to sit out until the next use.

NEVER remove a mask until exposure to contaminants is past. Period.

It's this 'missing' bit of information or knowledge that permits persons who are not all that familiar (apparently) with lab-safety protocols to mock others, when the real issue is lack of information among those making such observations.

And no, we're not wearing N95s here. We wear food-grade silicone GVS Elipse P100s of 2 different configurations, and place a standard surgical mask over the exhale ports.

Replacement .3 micron filter packs for the masks run from $10 to $24, depending on mask type and source.

I have several links across the USA to folks whom I've found to be quite honorable and helpful in these pursuits, back when most folks couldn't even find them available anywhere in the USA. Good folks who charged no additional shipping other than actual USPS Priority Mail cost, and they even, a half-Continent away, make special trips to their post office in Indiana for me, at no extra charge, though they rarely ship via USPS as a matter of routine business; they send USPS Priority to me at cost..

If I'm wrong about the benefits of mask wearing, I've worn a mask, maybe looked a tad foolish, and pretty much endangered no one else.... other than maybe my ego.

If those who balk at masks are wrong, well.... then the outcome and liability are -far- from equal to those who MIGHT be improperly putting faith in masks..

All of this has been discussed with more than 1 of my Docs, whom I see quite regularly lately, and none of them have been critical of my thoughts or logic in this regard.

out or rep per usual, moose. i'll try to get back to you. some times i lose track of all of those i think deserve credit...but you are the man! :good:

mowood3479

Veteran
but that is where I caught it...on the street, open air, no mask.

No offense microbeman, but how could you know definitively where or how you caught it?
Seriously asking..
U never went inside a store or gas station?
You never visited anyone who might have done the same...?
You never got packages delivered?
Etc., etc.

As well all know from grow rooms maintaining a completely sterile environment is pretty difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts