What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
Exactly where was he wrong? You already tried to mislead me once saying the Democrats are not going to ban guns when Joe Biden said on national television that he would do just that if elected. Any lefty telling others their opinions are skewed is just hilarious, look in the mirror.
Once again, the trumpians try to make a point but always take something out of context, add or delete words or just plain lie!
What I said was that in every Presidential election the conservatives always cry "dem Libs are gonna take our guns" and they haven't done it yet, but several Republicans have taken some of those rights away.

'Boogieman'

Once again, the trumpians try to make a point but always take something out of context, add or delete words or just plain lie!
What I said was that in every Presidential election the conservatives always cry "dem Libs are gonna take our guns" and they haven't done it yet, but several Republicans have taken some of those rights away.

Biden said it himself so don't get upset when we bring it up. In the long run Trump gave us 2 pro second ammendment Supreme Court justices and that's how this battle will get won.

Gry

Veteran
I always felt like I was playing catch up with the caliber of people with whom I associated.
Every one has had times when they knew they had a better hand to play, and I am no different.
For the most part, I always felt a hell of a lot more fortunate than I ever deserved.
The phrase "Their crap is our bread and butter, applies to more than plumbing."

Mr. J

excellent use of unintentional irony! bravo
Did you have anything intelligent to contribute to the discussion or are you just going to be boring like the rest of the dummies in this thread who couldn't put together a coherent argument to save their lives?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you have anything intelligent to contribute to the discussion or are you just going to be boring like the rest of the dummies in this thread who couldn't put together a coherent argument to save their lives?
you bet,as soon as someone intelligent shows up aside from the people smart enough to wear mask:D

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Exactly where was he wrong? You already tried to mislead me once saying the Democrats are not going to ban guns when Joe Biden said on national television that he would do just that if elected. Any lefty telling others their opinions are skewed is just hilarious, look in the mirror.

Joe Biden cannot just snap his fingers & "ban guns". look at reality & quit trying to frighten folks. who the POTUS is is irrelevant. it will take votes in both houses of Congress. those clowns like their job/paycheck. sure, he could issue some executive order on something (think "bumpstocks") that does nothing really. if enough people object to his actions, he won't be re-elected, & the next POTUS gets to undo his clusterfuck orders...:chin:

EsterEssence

Veteran
There is no way all the guns in the USA, are going to be taken away. We just need the people with them to become responsible gun owners, Which I feel is going to be harder than taking them away...MrJ why don’t you grow up and quit calling names, this isn’t a third grade playground...

St. Phatty

There is no way all the guns in the USA, are going to be taken away. We just need the people with them to become responsible gun owners, Which I feel is going to be harder than taking them away...MrJ why don’t you grow up and quit calling names, this isn’t a third grade playground...

some counties have already had "dry runs" with laws that were attempted but didn't make it onto the ballot -

or got onto the ballot and were defeated.

one of the things rural sheriffs in Oregon have done to deal with Dem. Gov. Brown is to announce pre-emptively that they will not enforce laws that contradict the 2nd Amendment.

Absolem

picture.php

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been reading this for a while, comparing what's going on in the US with Europe and in a way the gun debate is very similar to the mask debate.

Don't take away my freedom!!!

But the misunderstanding is, both times it's not about individual freedom or safety, it's about your country's freedom and safety.

here's my 5cts.

I've pointed this out before somewhere on these forums: The only reason you guys can have guns is to make sure that the government doesn't take over absolute control in a tyranny kind of scenario.

That's what King George tried back then with the rebellious colonies in North America. After he tried, the second amendment was drafted in the colonies to protect them from things like that in the future.

It's not about every idiot having the right to a 9mm handgun and getting angry when someone takes that right away.

Thinking this through, for the second amendment to make ANY sense at all, civilists should have access to the same gear as the military. Assault rifles, RPGs, tanks etc... how on earth do you expect to stop a government gone mad with your silly civil rounds, let alone all the other high tech gear you don't even have access to? What about attack choppers? Stealth bombers?

You have collectively let slip away the only thing the 2nd amendment was there for. And I guess it's absolutely safe to say you will not stand a fraction of a chance against your military as of today if shit hits the fan.

Now all that is left to this discussion is "you can't take my guns away"... so you can shoot rats in your backyard or shoot up old tv sets in the desert or work on your fetish relationship with that desert eagle pistol.

You have allowed the the only reason why the right to bear arms makes absolute sense to slip away unnoticed, get forgotten and it's really become some sort of very dark joke by now.
Driven by the same misgiuded pride and patriotism that leads to such ridiculous things as people fighting against wearing a mask...

It was never about personal freedom but the freedom of your country.

And not to forget:

With great power comes great responsibility. Whether you drive a car, whether you're a nuclear physicist, a marine, brain surgeon, a car mechanic working on your brakes.. there has to be some way making sure everyone knows what they're doing, aka training. And that goes for guns as well, even in this weird situation you've gotten yourselves into, because the give you the power over life and death. And that should not be taken lightly.

So start wearing a fucking mask, stop whining and start protecting your country. It's probably the best shot you have.

It's the only thing that seems to have helped over here in Europe.

CC

Sunshineinabag

Been reading this for a while, comparing what's going on in the US with Europe and in a way the gun debate is very similar to the mask debate.

Don't take away my freedom!!!

But the misunderstanding is, both times it's not about individual freedom or safety, it's about your country's freedom and safety.

here's my 5cts.

I've pointed this out before somewhere on these forums: The only reason you guys can have guns is to make sure that the government doesn't take over absolute control in a tyranny kind of scenario.

That's what King George tried back then with the rebellious colonies in North America. After he tried, the second amendment was drafted in the colonies to protect them from things like that in the future.

It's not about every idiot having the right to a 9mm handgun and getting angry when someone takes that right away.

Thinking this through, for the second amendment to make ANY sense at all, civilists should have access to the same gear as the military. Assault rifles, RPGs, tanks etc... how on earth do you expect to stop a government gone mad with your silly civil rounds, let alone all the other high tech gear you don't even have access to? What about attack choppers? Stealth bombers?

You have collectively let slip away the only thing the 2nd amendment was there for. And I guess it's absolutely safe to say you will not stand a fraction of a chance against your military as of today if shit hits the fan.

Now all that is left to this discussion is "you can't take my guns away"... so you can shoot rats in your backyard or shoot up old tv sets in the desert or work on your fetish relationship with that desert eagle pistol.

You have allowed the the only reason why the right to bear arms makes absolute sense to slip away unnoticed, get forgotten and it's really become some sort of very dark joke by now.
Driven by the same misgiuded pride and patriotism that leads to such ridiculous things as people fighting against wearing a mask...

It was never about personal freedom but the freedom of your country.

And not to forget:

With great power comes great responsibility. Whether you drive a car, whether you're a nuclear physicist, a marine, brain surgeon, a car mechanic working on your brakes.. there has to be some way making sure everyone knows what they're doing, aka training. And that goes for guns as well, even in this weird situation you've gotten yourselves into, because the give you the power over life and death. And that should not be taken lightly.

So start wearing a fucking mask, stop whining and start protecting your country. It's probably the best shot you have.

It's the only thing that seems to have helped over here in Europe.

CC
Isn't it funny how humans can be so Stupid? Vigilant folks being part of the solution is what's needed nation wide...... people become complacent after 4 weeks ....... scary

St. Phatty

i felt very strange wearing a mask in February.

So instead I would walk into the supermarket holding my breath.

I could make it all the way to the lottery machine on one breath.

then take a second breath while I'm using the keypad & buying the ticket.

then one more breath to get me out of the store.

I carried a gym towel & breathed through the gym towel. Which may not have been helpful in any way.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Every little bit helps.

Now that we have to wear one I bought a box of twenty and put some in my vehicles. Up here, they won't let you in if you don't have one. In true Canadian fashion, all you hear is "oh sorry" as they back out in reverse to get their mask from the car. Lol. No one is complaining at all.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
:yeahthats Edited to reflect that I was responding to mowood3479

Local big chain hardware store now has the mask gestapo at their entrance. Told me I had to wear a mask to enter. I asked: "Are you going to be the one to enforce this rule?". He replied "Yes, the Governor made it law". My reply; "Our gov'nah is a reactionary **** and I'll not have my liberties taken from me". He told me again, that "you can't enter the store without a mask". Me: "I'll take my commerce elsewhere". I did. I spent over $600 at a smaller mom and pop that was ecstatic to except my cash money mask or not. I'll do business with them exclusively going forward. Not only did they have what I needed, they were friendlier and I spent less than at the big box store. Win, win.

I've not had one symptom of this virus, nor does a single person I know; even @ the Kevin Bacon effect distance.

I'm also laid in really well. Enough so on all essentials etc, that I can ride out this idiotic fear campaign. They want to rebuild the economy? Gotta let folks spend their dollars. smfh.

OMG!!! The sky is NOT falling.
You'd be infected LONG before you know it. The mask isn't for you. It's to keep you from passing it on. You know... in case you have it and don't know it.

So go ahead and kill someone's grandma.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I personally don’t want to kill someone’s grandma or die myself I’m a Grandpa.
We didn’t like it when we had to wear seatbelts
We didn’t like it when we couldn’t smoke cigarettes in restaurants
We don’t like face masks but will I wear one to protect you yes I will

Status
Not open for further replies.