What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBart

Veteran
From one ole hippy to another I concur armedoldhippie just wear the dam mask if not for yourself but for others this is not a freedom issue or political issue but a health issue

armedoldhippy

Veteran
From one ole hippy to another I concur armedoldhippie just wear the dam mask if not for yourself but for others this is not a freedom issue or political issue but a health issue

keep acting like you have sense, Bart, and YOU will be branded a Marxist/communist/whatever before long as well. we wear that label like a red badge of courage amongst the morons...:smoke out:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For you guys with the 80 point IQ please allow me to explain. The mask prevents outgoing droplets not incoming. Your granny's underwear will do the job nicely.

So much of the population of America are moronic imbeciles. South Korea told the US at least 2 months ago that the reason the US was having a problem was due to not wearing masks. It has nothing to do with your leaders [haha] telling you what to do. It has to do with listening and using your brain.

White Beard

nah, just another ignorant fuck that wanted attention. i wish these dickheads would stop wearing camo clothing. that bullshit causes normal hunters problems with the public...
Add the regulation technicool gear, and it makes spotting them a simple matter of not being blind and stupid. Easy.

i understand the clear cut logic of wearing a mask, so long as it is a mask specifically designed for the intended purpose of blocking particles which are the size of the virus (i.e. n95). what i dont understand is the logic behind a cloth mask which is technically incapable of filtering particulate as small as the virus. in my mind it is no different than substituting plastic wrap for a condom and the acting surprised when you discover an std or unwanted pregnancy. you used a physical barrier...what went wrong? if you are not using the right tool for the right job, what kind of results do you truly expect?
Some seem to imagine virus as millions of tiny guided, self-propelled missiles working their way through masks made of cattle fencing. Not true: they’re in the moisture you contain: sneeze, cough, breathe heavy, they hitch a ride as far as the (micro-) droplet can go and then stop - like, when they hit the mask. Ride’s over; virus particles aren’t going to crawl through the Mojave for a million nanometers with no legs, in search of your mouth. They’re not ninjas, picking locks, sneaking through windows, working their way past obstacles to kill you, they’re free riders: surface tension breaks down, the water gets absorbed, the particles stop, it strands the particles. That works both in and out - how masks work and why masks work. Are they fool-proof? Hell, waking up in the morning isn’t fool-proof, but it’s a pretty dependable fact - supported by millions of people who’ve worn tens of millions of masks while surviving outbreaks for more than a century.

Anyone who can figure out how to load a dishwasher, or use a handkerchief without getting snot on their hands, should have NO trouble grasping the concepts involved.

That said, anyone who gets close enough to share their unmasked spew with me - say, within arm’s reach? - will have a crushed windpipe to worry about.

“Think of it as ‘evolution in action’ “

For you guys with the 80 point IQ please allow me to explain. The mask prevents outgoing droplets not incoming. Your granny's underwear will do the job nicely.

So much of the population of America are moronic imbeciles. South Korea told the US at least 2 months ago that the reason the US was having a problem was due to not wearing masks. It has nothing to do with your leaders [haha] telling you what to do. It has to do with listening and using your brain.
Click-BOOM

Gry

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You may not vote on any more threads today. [/FONT]

Mr. J

It should be mandatory for the reason that most of you are fucking ugly and us good looking people don't want to have to look at your ugly faces. The masks should cover your entire, ugly heads. Actually, come to think of it, it should just be illegal to be ugly. The world would be a much nicer place to look at.

White Beard

It should be mandatory for the reason that most of you are fucking ugly and us good looking people don't want to have to look at your ugly faces. The masks should cover your entire, ugly heads. Actually, come to think of it, it should just be illegal to be ugly. The world would be a much nicer place to look at.
Like beauty, ugliness is in the eye of the beholder...and while beauty is only skin-deep, ugly goes clear to the bone - so no mask can hide it.

Stay away from mirrors: you’ll only see yourself

Mr. J

Like beauty, ugliness is in the eye of the beholder...and while beauty is only skin-deep, ugly goes clear to the bone - so no mask can hide it.

Stay away from mirrors: you’ll only see yourself
That's exactly what an ugly person would say.

knucklehead bob

Veteran
NO SOLICITING :D

Georgia kicks off chilling door-to-door COVID-19 blood collections

Let the government-pressed coronavirus-tied blood collections of citizens begin.
And begin they have.
They have in Georgia at least, where the state’s Department of Public Health recently announced, in cooperation with both Fulton County and Dekalb counties’ Boards of Health, that “to learn more about the spread of COVID-19,” an “investigation” has commenced — and it’s an “investigation” that’s leading government officials to make random stops at randomly selected residences and ask random citizens for, get this, their blood.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/28/georgia-kicks-chilling-door-door-covid-19-blood-co/?fbclid=IwAR3Ts152-CgP3lfLvrZ42SISetSU5N58GYOOeRS1FnvBtz58oSoZeqGOmKg

:tiphat:

igrowone

Veteran
large number of Mississippi legislators riding the Corona bus
not mask wearers, seems they're getting a serving of 'wake the fuck up'

St. Phatty

They have in Georgia at least, where the state’s Department of Public Health recently announced, in cooperation with both Fulton County and Dekalb counties’ Boards of Health, that “to learn more about the spread of COVID-19,” an “investigation” has commenced — and it’s an “investigation” that’s leading government officials to make random stops at randomly selected residences and ask random citizens for, get this, their blood.

that's one way to do it.

it has to be random.

Stanford totally borked a similar test because a professor's wife used her Facebook page to solicit guinea pigs ... not random at all.

as long as it's not forced on people, what's the problem ?

Mr. J

Them: "14 days to stop the spread"

You guys: "Okay, I don't see the problem, I trust you"

Them: "Don't wear masks because they won't protect you"

You guys: "Okay, makes sense"

*4 months later*

Them: "You still have to stay home and you can't open your business"

You guys: "Okay that's fine"

Them: "You have to wear masks"

You guys: "Okay, if you say so"

Them: "You can't go to the beach because you will spread Covid"

You guys: "Okay"

Them: "Riots don't spread Covid and they might even make it better"

You guys: "Okay"

Them: "We're coming to your home to take your blood"

You guys: "Okay, I don't see the problem"

What the fuck is wrong with all of you? You've all lost your fucking minds and your balls too if you ever had any of those things to begin with.

I think the problem is that you don't see a problem. When will you have a problem?

Cannavore

Veteran
Where/when was it said masks won't protect you?

SJM-L-BERKPROT-0607-9.jpg

versus

[YOUTUBEIF]pW_jsS_JnMY[/YOUTUBEIF]

Status
Not open for further replies.