What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is a nonsense, the death rate was down before the masks were ever mandated here. the only reason masks were mandated here is because there was a surge in numbers of positive cases. there was and isnt a corresponding surge in hospitalization or deaths.

i notice you seem to be focusing on a technical definition of live virus but ignoring the non viable/non cultivatable virus rests you find on surfaces. the virus that remains after the 8 minutes it takes for the live cultivatable virus to become dead un cultivatable. call it what you will, one version makes you sick and one doesn't.
I noticed It seems like it only matters to you if people die?. Surviving Covid-19 is no picnick. It can cause life long health issues.

Klompen

I noticed It seems like it only matters to you if people die?. Surviving Covid-19 is no picnick. It can cause life long health issues.

Reports have been coming in of 70% of survivors of hospitalization for Covid-19 have long-term heart problems, and high rates of kidney, lung, liver, brain, and even glandular damage. It involves some things called bradykinin, interferon, and angiotosin-b. Its still entirely unclear if the virus even ever leaves the body.

St. Phatty

Reports have been coming in of 70% of survivors of hospitalization for Covid-19 have long-term heart problems, and high rates of kidney, lung, liver, brain, and even glandular damage. It involves some things called bradykinin, interferon, and angiotosin-b. Its still entirely unclear if the virus even ever leaves the body.

it seems to act like Herpes, hiding out in your body, waiting for an opportunity.

Since the primary defense mechanism humans have is the blood of a person with a functional immune system, it's logical that it (Covid19) would hang out in places that are a-vascular (no blood vessels).

And also, nerve tissue ... that's what Herpes does.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The virus can remain intact on surfaces in normal conditions and infect people for up to 72 hours. If the virus is frozen, it can remain intact and therefore infectious indefinitely.
Fortunately, although the virus is systemic, and does cause permanent damage, the immune system, providing the sufferer doesn't die, can eliminate the virus completely. It is not like HIV or even herpes.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
The virus can remain intact on surfaces in normal conditions and infect people for up to 72 hours. If the virus is frozen, it can remain intact and therefore infectious indefinitely.
Fortunately, although the virus is systemic, and does cause permanent damage, the immune system, providing the sufferer doesn't die, can eliminate the virus completely. It is not like HIV or even herpes.

so if a sick person pays with a bill and hands it over, you think everyone who touches it the next 72 hours is able to catch covid from it?

BearCreekFarms

so if a sick person pays with a bill and hands it over, you think everyone who touches it the next 72 hours is able to catch covid from it?

that seems to be the premise, hello cashless society.........people will beg for it. Those the work under the table for cash will be fucked.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thats the whole point, cash has not been causing infections. again its been months and months now, if money could give you covid the whole country would be infected by now. all those people taking money every day for their jobs would be screwed. i know some nations love the idea of going off cash and will jump on this, but the reality speaks for its self. believe your own eyes. why have a covid tracing app if money can pass it on? its like people are still believeing the first theories about covid and ignoring whats right in front of them.

i just came back from paying some bills and shopping, everything is as before, the cafes are full the tables are close together, 95% of people are not wearing masks outside. the city is crowded, it has been like this for the whole summer now. all the while no surge in hospitalizations and no surge in deaths. doesn't that speak to you?

the long term damage has been reported to be rare, so i don't know where the 70% figure came from. there have been millions of people cured, if the long term damage was at 70% i think we might have heard more about it.

btw, who is planning to sign up for a vaccine when it comes to the public?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
President Donald Trump demanded that a reporter remove his face mask in the middle of a question at a White House press briefing on Monday — but the journalist refused.

“You’re going to have to take that off. Just take it off,” said Trump as he pointed to the mask worn by Jeff Mason, White House correspondent for Reuters.

“How many feet are you away?” asked the irritable president, referring to social distancing efforts to help stop the spread of COVID-19. “If you don’t take it off, you’re very muffled. So if you take it off, it would be a lot easier.”

But Mason could easily be understood on a recording of the exchange. He began his question referring to Trump’s decision two years ago not to attend a memorial ceremony for fallen American soldiers at a French cemetery. The president blew off the ceremony (which was attended by European leaders) after referring to deceased war heroes as “losers,” according to a bombshell report in The Atlantic last week.

“I’ll just speak a lot louder,” said Mason. “Is that better?”

The visibly exasperated president sighed and responded: “It’s better, yeah. It’s better” — and allowed Mason to continue.

I'm glad Biden understands the need for face masks.

Attachments

• download (10).jpg
    download (10).jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 905745-twitter-5.jpg
    905745-twitter-5.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 8
  • images (5).jpg
    images (5).jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 9

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
In the UK, a lot of shops won't accept cash
Those that will, the cashiers wear gloves. How often do you think a note changes hands within 72 hours? Whats the m0 value in america? How many people are coughing on their cash.
Also different types of surface allow the virus to remain intact for differing time periods
Copper and silver, 4 hours, plastic and metal at room temp,, 72. I dont know about paper or whatever your money is made of.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
surprisingly cashiers dont even all wear mask here anymore and most certainly are not wearing gloves. we have laws making cash obligatory legal tender. no business can refuse cash, thankfully. we still have the choice not to be spied on for every cent we spend.

BearCreekFarms

What is your issue if you have one? -I am against a cashless currency, it is on the table now

Has this passed the senate? -no

Does it have McConnell’s support? -probably

Ive heard talk in the lamestream media about how dirty the money is put 2 and 2 together.........I can get my grandkids crayons and draw you a picture if youd like.

Go ahead potheads. justify a cashless currency, where you cant buy or sell weed or seeds for paper money.......

Amynamous

What is your issue if you have one? -I am against a cashless currency, it is on the table now

Has this passed the senate? -no

Does it have McConnell’s support? -probably

I skimmed the bill twice and didn’t see any portion dedicated to removing cash from our society. Perhaps you can point me to that section?
Seems to me this is a bill to require banks to embrace the digital transfer of $$. That’s something that virtually every retail business in the US has already embraced. Why are you against banks embracing technology?

With very few exceptions, McConnell will not allow the senate to vote on any bill unless it has the previous support of trump.
Do you support the bill now?:biggrin:

BearCreekFarms

To require member banks to maintain pass-through digital dollar wallets for certain persons, and for other purposes.

You ever hang out with lawyers, which most senators are? I have, I play golf with several The camel is trying to stick his nose under/into the tent.

I think I already addressed where I stand on this bill.

Amynamous

To require member banks to maintain pass-through digital dollar wallets for certain persons, and for other purposes.

You ever hang out with lawyers, which most senators are? I have, I play golf with several The camel is trying to stick his nose under/into the tent.

I think I already addressed where I stand on this bill.

I cannot envision a completely cashless society.
Much of the planet depends on physical US dollars. Other countries literally use physical US dollars. No where in the bill is their any language regarding removing cash from society.
Keep believing your fantasies. I am sure they keep you warm at night.:cathug:

dramamine

thats the whole point, cash has not been causing infections. again its been months and months now, if money could give you covid the whole country would be infected by now. all those people taking money every day for their jobs would be screwed. i know some nations love the idea of going off cash and will jump on this, but the reality speaks for its self. believe your own eyes. why have a covid tracing app if money can pass it on? its like people are still believeing the first theories about covid and ignoring whats right in front of them.

i just came back from paying some bills and shopping, everything is as before, the cafes are full the tables are close together, 95% of people are not wearing masks outside. the city is crowded, it has been like this for the whole summer now. all the while no surge in hospitalizations and no surge in deaths. doesn't that speak to you?

the long term damage has been reported to be rare, so i don't know where the 70% figure came from. there have been millions of people cured, if the long term damage was at 70% i think we might have heard more about it.

btw, who is planning to sign up for a vaccine when it comes to the public?

We in the USA won't believe anything that's not on a screen with a network logo at the bottom, especially if it's from another country.

BearCreekFarms

I cannot envision a completely cashless society.
Much of the planet depends on physical US dollars. Other countries literally use physical US dollars. No where in the bill is their any language regarding removing cash from society.
Keep believing your fantasies. I am sure they keep you warm at night.:cathug:

Hi there brainiac, there are already several countries with working cashless economies. How about china, you know its a real place.

No need in reinventing the wheel.

Amynamous

Hi there brainiac, there are already several countries with working cashless economies. How about china, you know its a real place.

No need in reinventing the wheel.

The Chinese have not dispensed with paper and coins. I am not aware of any nation that has. Please prove me wrong.
PS. I am not brainiac.
Weed just makes it seem that way.:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts