What's new

We grow vegetable gardens too! Post your Garden pics here

Cannavore

Veteran
do you know any bomb tomatillo salsa recipes, love this stuff but never make it, do they like the heat I wonder if they would grow in AZ

p.s.s. Birds have completely pick my sunnys clean of their seeds

Nope they never last that long. We eat them straight up, or in a salad. Might dabble with salsa this year though now that you mention it.

I'm at 40° N, i grow them in the same spot every year which gets full sun and they seem to enjoy it.

makedon

Veteran
waiting for the corns and grapes to be done,and colecting the dones
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

:tiphat:

Green Squall

I've been neglecting my garden lately with the weeding and what not, but I did do a little harvesting.

Here are some potatoes I dug up today. One of my favorite foods. mmmm. I love how they have that "snap" when you cut into them. Almost like an apple.

picture.php

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PERRRTERRDERRS!

Very nice ;) Steamed and buttered, there is little else to compare.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
October 10, 2015

October 10, 2015

The Great weather still hasn't left us in Oregon. Here is a shot of a harvest from today. In hand is San Marzano gigante 3 tomato in hand as well as a few Umpqua tomatoes, Crookneck yellow summer squash, Cucumber and a big banana squash.

picture.php

Biosynthesis

Veteran
WINTER GARDEN

WINTER GARDEN

PUT IN THESE STARTS I GOT GOING IN CONTAINERS FROM SEED. THEY WILL BE DONE NEXT SPRING WHEN THE WEATHER TURNS WARM AGAIN. CAULIFLOWER, PURPLE SPROUTING BROCCOLI, SPINACH AND SWISS CHARD. GOT STARTED A LITTLE LATE BUT WITH LUCK A LARGE PERCENTAGE OF THEM WILL HAVE LARGE FLOWER HEADS. THIS IS THE METHOD USED TO PRODUCE THE LARGE CAULIFLOWER YOU SEE IN SUPERMARKETS IN THE SPRING.

picture.php
picture.php

AND HERE ARE SOME LEEKS TO HARVEST FROM THE GARDEN THROUGHOUT WINTER.

picture.php

djimb

Veteran
Hey everyone!
I've been following this thread since last year. Thanks to Biosynthesis for starting it.

We're having a warm February around here, and I'm getting the seed starting itch. I just started some corn from dried cobs I've had laying around since fall, and I'm thinking about starting some chilies or tomatoes, too.

Here are a few shots of my veggie beds today.

First up is the future radish jungle.

attachment.php

I planted French breakfast radishes last year, and only ate a few of them. Most went to seed. Most of the seed is now germinating. I figure I'll let them go for a while, and maybe thin them in about a month or so. Our last average frost date is in late march, so there's still a chance they might thin themselves.

I also lost a few garlic bulbs last fall, but as you can see, they're still there.

attachment.php

Self seeded arugula in front of some lost shallots

attachment.php

My Tophat blueberry is breaking bud, and I have a pomegranate and a Szechuan pepper tree getting ready to do the same.

And while this one isn't edible, I'm pretty excited about this first Japanese maple to leaf out.

attachment.php

Looking forward to a great year, and I can't wait to see everyone's gardens!

Attachments

• DSC_0656.jpg
    DSC_0656.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0644.jpg
    DSC_0644.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20160211_005924.jpg
    IMG_20160211_005924.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20160211_010014.jpg
    IMG_20160211_010014.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 17

Littleleaf

Veteran
salad :peacock:

Attachments

• damn weed.jpg
    damn weed.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 20
  • lettuce.jpg
    lettuce.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 17
  • kale.jpg
    kale.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 11
  • spinach.jpg
    spinach.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 10
  • white radish.jpg
    white radish.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 11

St. Phatty

If I posted a pic it would be of about 10 flats of soil in pots - but no little seedlings.

Planted about 200 root plants (carrot, radish, jicama, turnip, beet, potato, onion), mostly from seed. The potatoes and onions were 'seed' plants, not seed-seeds.

Overnight temps have been in the occasional low 30's.

I guess that's a good way to find out if it's too early to plant.

Meanwhile, my neighbor has about 10 healthy pot seedlings - with the same cold weather.

His pot seeds out sprouted my carrot, radish, jicama, turnip, and beet seeds ! ... so far.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Gave in to growing some tomatoes this year. Can't wait for the stink bugs, various caterpillars, and birds to screw it up. No cherry tomatoes this year either. The Marzano is really slow to produce compared to the Celebrity.

Celebrity

picture.php

picture.php

Marzano

picture.php

picture.php

7thson

They don't even touch my tomatoes,but I keep h2o in my bird bath at all times,let it dry out and they will be eating them.

No bird flash tape or CDs,nothing.

westtexas

I'm in South Dakota... Will transplant my tomatoes and strawberries the first ten days of May.... I'm new up here... Any recommendations on what else I could grow.... I've only 600 sq ft