What's new

We grow vegetable gardens too! Post your Garden pics here

Apache Kush

If you want a treat or some aroma thearpy rub the middle of the suns flowers on a sunny day, the smell is a mix between oily pollen and charcol for the grill...so money do it every time I water..anyone agree...i read you can press them for oil too but idk..

Also, are peppers fruit and not by defintion veggies? I could google it but I trust the IC hah

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
garden kicking in.. before long I will be overrun with maters and hot peppers..basil,just getting going and cilantro is a bit behind as I scavenged the earlier ones in my bloody marys...the scotch bonnets will go in some jerk recipes and the jalapenso stuffed with cream cheese wrapped with bacon and grilled..and the Anaheim chilis fire roasted mmmmm...yeehaw.. haven't planted new second bed but got it filled with soil...pics soon

Green Squall

My peppers ALWAYS do poorly. Don't know why. Hope I haven't mentioned this before, memory is a bit foggy :joint: Soil is great and I only give them some neptunes harvest occasionally. Maybe it's the weather. We alternate between hot and cool weather here.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
mine are kicking into high gear finally .. there should be a whole bunch of em ...I was late in planting this year...I have cat issues so one bed has chicken wire covering soil and the other I am trying white fencing.. should make spacing easy for leafy crops and small stuff...yeehaw..11 inch high bed 33 inches wide or so and about 5 ft long...yeehaw..both beds made from free stuff.. filling with soil was the main expense...

Littleleaf

Veteran
roasting chillies while roasted. :drool:

Attachments

• phd 4 clone
    phd 4 clone
    35 KB · Views: 24

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
After u roast. Whadda u do with em??

nothing because I eat the first 12 then give up....... that's my fav way I don't even peel off the blackened bits..yeehaw... the roasted ones can be added to your favorite recipe.. but I like mine whole and right off da grill....mmmmmmmmm...they freeze well too...its more like what cant you do with them ..add to chili, add in burrito or similar,put on a burger.... the flavor lends itself to many dishes..i still like em fresh and hot off grill with burned bits intact

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Picked these yesterday, it's one of the earliest dates I can remember picking ripe tomatoes. They are so delicious, the tomato plants are almost 8 feet tall! They are so healthy looking it's great.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
yup I got about a dozen or so to pick...I am using an old aluminum lightstand for support ..sort of like a clothes hanging rack and have topped plants a few times...yeehaw...the blooms are really popping up on everything.. I just killed 2 tomato horn worms ..their poop and missing leaves makes it easy to find them bastards..yeehaw... had a neighbor that doesn't really like tomatos ask if homegrown was any different then store bought ... I started laughing and said if all I had tried was store bought I prob wouldn't like maters either...I will give him a few to try...

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup I got about a dozen or so to pick...I am using an old aluminum lightstand for support ..sort of like a clothes hanging rack and have topped plants a few times...yeehaw...the blooms are really popping up on everything.. I just killed 2 tomato horn worms ..their poop and missing leaves makes it easy to find them bastards..yeehaw... had a neighbor that doesn't really like tomatos ask if homegrown was any different then store bought ... I started laughing and said if all I had tried was store bought I prob wouldn't like maters either...I will give him a few to try...

lol ha trout he won't buy store tomatoes if he eats any of yours!! Fool lol
We put cages around our plants. 6 feet tall and the plants are way over the top, it's been a good growing season so far, mild weather and some rain here and there....

Green Squall

I had no idea what raki was so I had to google it. I usually don't like anise drinks but the stuff looks refreshing. What gives it that white color?

makedon

Veteran
its up to you if you want anise in your mix,i personaly put just a bit,you cant even smell it.
raki its called in the southern greek parts,like creta.
up to the north weare i live its called tsipoyro.
the colour comes white when you have anice in the drink and you ad some water.
mine wich have just a bit its crystal clear....photos will come!
saludos,viva,prost,gia mas! :tiphat: