What's new

Water Curing??

Danksta408

Water Curing??

When you harvestdo you let your buds dry, then put them in water??......Or do they go straight into water after you trim them still wet??

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Straight into luke warm water for seven days. Cold water makes trichs brittle and easier to break. Change water every day. I use distilled the last two days to get every little bit out.

SB7

powerdy mildew.. I'm not so sure I'd use water cure for that or moldy buds,
It might wash away some fo the spores, but definitely not all and who wants to smoke mold?
For moldy buds, I would only recommend BHO or ISO wash, it will kill/destroy the spores so it should be safe if you have to save moldy buds.

Water cure IS great for unflushed/overferted buds however. While the buds look different,smell different, they are MUCH cleaner to smoke and way better for your lungs.

JMHO

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Water Curing?

Water Curing?

Have been reading a lot on this, and cant find any solid advice or procedures. Anyone have experience doing this? Sounds like it could be very benificial....
good vibes

slowandeasy

Veteran
Tried it once, sucks IMO! Looks, smell, taste, not even close to regular cure! On a good note, you could prolly light up anywhere you wanted it has no pot smell at all.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
It's the only rational way to cure. Water curing increases usefulness, air curing decreases usefulness.

Submerge in tepid water 7 days. Change water once a day. The first 3-4 days you'll have to force them under. The last few days you may want to use RO or distilled water to leach out every bit of sugar, chlorophyl, nutes etc.

I use egg crate to keep the buds under. Note the foam from pouring off the water. Look at the water itself. Who wants to smoke that?

Hang over a fan and dry in 24-36 hours. Smoke away.

whiskeytango420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you really lose all the terpenes? I know since its tepid water, it wont damage the glands...so THC will stay intact, I am just wondering about the taste and smell aspect...
Thanks for the tutorial Freez!!!:respect:
good vibes

slowandeasy

Veteran
Freezerboy, with all due respect how does water curing increase the usefullness? Kinda depends on what your using it for. If you like the taste and smell of certain strains, water cure would throw that right out the window. Have only tried water cure once, didnt like it...but to each is own. Can see advantages of both ways, but for taste and smell a good air cure wins hands down! If you do not mind that aspect and want to smoke sooner, try a water cure. Have to admit your water cured buds look good.

whiskeytango420,
Would try a little both ways, see what is better 4 you. Good luck!

cyburnt

Water curing decreases wieght without losing potency

Water curing decreases wieght without losing potency

It simply removes most of the water soluble materials.:chin: It creates extremely potent weed that is the smoothest on your lungs, you could imagine.:yoinks: That being said, It utterly obliterates any flavor or smell.:badday: Great stealth weed and great health weed, but I smoke for flavor :canabis:as much as buzz so I rarely water cure. A good solution to crappy tasting weed though:joint:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
It reduces smell and thus, advertising. It reduces taste providing a cooler smoke with less coughing. Packs all the THC into 25% less space. Smokes in 8 days rather than 60-90.

If you like the smell and taste aspect, your weed-your rules but, those are emotional reasons. Not that there's anything wrong with emotions but, they add nothing to the weed's effectiveness. Water curing does, in a positive way, if only because you're smoking 2 months earlier.

That said, PLEASE don't go blowing smoke in LEOs face! It ain't that smell free.

whiskeytango420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guess Ill just have to try it! Got a few devastatingly potent strains that dont have much of a taste. This good be GREAT for those!!!
Again...thanks freeze and cyburnt!
good vibes

ttown

So water curing makes the bud more potent? If so how does it do that? I'm not arguing just curious as to what actually happens to make it more potent. And as far as taste goes, does it still have a hint of weed taste or is it completely bland?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
So basically its analagous to wanting Zima instead of Beer.
Ummmm.... No.
More like turning your bottle of beer into a tasteless shot of alcohol. Zima is nasty like beer, no flavor has been removed there and it's actually less potent.

Other than that, great analogy! :D

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
So water curing makes the bud more potent? If so how does it do that? I'm not arguing just curious as to what actually happens to make it more potent. And as far as taste goes, does it still have a hint of weed taste or is it completely bland?

it gets more potent by loosing all unneeded water soluble substances in the bud like sugars, chlorophyl, nutes or other contaminants. so it's more THC by gram. (higher %)

FreezerBoy

Veteran
So water curing makes the bud more potent?

No. That's an illusion. What it does is pack the same THC in less volume. Most people don't adjust the volume of their hits so they get more THC per puff but NOT more THC per plant.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
WOAH @ the foam in those pics, FB!!! I'll definitely be giving this a try upon harvest.

I picked up some schwaggy stuff today thats been PGRd and tastes horrible. Could I follow this same process with dried buds? Also, would this make lightly moulded buds smokeable?

Anyone got some close ups of the finished product, maybe even side-by-sides with non water cured of the same strain if possible? Thanks.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I think this is one of the worst ideas I ever heard of, although I grant FB his points. I got moldy weed, twice, when I tried it. Less flavor, less smell, less fun.
H

EvilMooseOfDoom

Hello,

Since I must have stealth for my smoking I water cure all my weed even stuff bought on the street. It does reduce the taste but more importantly reduces the smell of the smoke and what smell is left doesn't really smell like weed. My friends prefer the taste of regular weed and when at their place that's what I smoke, but when they're here they have to smoke my water cured stuff. Pot smokers in this building get busted left and right by their neighbors because of the smell. They burn scented candles, exhale through tubes stuffed with dryer sheets to try and hide the smell. Water curing (to control odor) is the BEST way to go.

No one has any idea I smoke. You can't smell it in my smoking room, on my clothes or on me. I can smoke, walk out and deal with cops and MP's and they have no idea. It's one of the best idea's I've heard off. It's a brainless procedure, you only have to be careful drying it, it MUST be dry or you'll get mold.

All that being said. It's not for everyone.

Cheers!:joint:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
I got moldy weed, twice, when I tried it. Less flavor, less smell, less fun.
H

To prevent mold, water cured weed needs to be dried quickly, say 24-36 hours. Less flavor, less smell is a feature not a bug. Waiting an extra 2 months to smoke your weed? Now that's less fun.

Latest posts

Latest posts