What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water Cure 1, 2, 3, ala TK

dgaretz

NiteTiger, the guide in your sig says that you use a cake cooling rack w/ a fan under it and across it, exactly how long does it take to dry water cured bud this way?

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
I started water curing a couple 1 week early samples (so, no flush) and I put RO water at 5 ppm in the first day; after 24 hours I had 250 ppm coming out. Day two (today) I put in 7 ppm and after 24 hours got 67 out. I put in a new set tonight, so well have to see what its at.

Hopefully this method really works and I'll like the smoke. Most people just air dry them and thats it after words?

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
dgaretz said:
NiteTiger, the guide in your sig says that you use a cake cooling rack w/ a fan under it and across it, exactly how long does it take to dry water cured bud this way?

Usually a day to a day and a half.

krly

Just to add another "pro" for water curing ; If you live in an apt. it will DRASTICALLY reduce odors during harvest/curing. I've been doing it for years and am quite happy with it......but I ONLY grow for personal use.
krly

green_grow

Veteran
a question ... i have about 1/2 oz. of organic soil grown ganja which has been cured with the hang/paperbag/burp jar method of curing. i am just not happy with it, smokes harshly/burns poorly/leaves black ash. no complaints at all re: potency, by the way .

ever tried water-curing AFTER air curing ? whaddya think ? worth a try ? i can afford to lose the entire 1/2 oz. if it goes wrong, so i think i will give it a go.

NiteTiger

Veteran
You can indeed water cure after an air cure. It will certainly help with left over chems and sugars giving you that harsh taste.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
So the measurement was 135 ppm tonight. 5 ppm put back in. I find it strange that the ppms went up over night.

NiteTiger

Veteran
That's just more crap coming out. It'll fluctuate throughout the process, as the water penetrates deeper into the bud and draws out more crap.

Keep in mind, it takes about 3 days for the buds to stay submerged on their own. So you know you're not truly drawing out from the entire bud until about 8-12 hours after that.

So, fluctuations are to be expected. Just keep changing that water every day, out of direct light, with an open top to breathe, and you'll like the results. :yes:

stoneshaper

hi guys!

I did an experiment with buds with bud rot that i had cleaned of the rot from. Usually i throw this away, but I t hought i should give it a try, after a bit of thought i added a good splash of hydrogen peroxide to the first soak, to kill germs and the what ever spores were left behind.

I did this and another few soaks, all in all seven, one week

the stuff i pulled out after three days had a bit more haschy flavour than he stuff i got at the end. the end result was really dark mini sugar coated buds that didnt really burn that great.

the smoke was stronger in a different way than the rest of the plant that was dried normally.

now I think that if one wants to do it for the stealth factor due to its lower smell emitting qualities, as i might do this time with some of mine to be able to dry it at my place that is a suite in a main house, I might only soak it for three days but try to flush out left over nutes allready in the location they grow with watering with water only the last little while.

peace

ezzy213

wow ive always wondered how they do that scored some herb and its all brown shit looking but smokes so good have to try this

So whats the consensus then? Lets simplify this;
CHOP;
7 days soaking submerged in luke warm water(how warm exactly?), changing water daily.

1-2 days drying in a normal fashion.

day 10 smokeable!

If thats right then thats WAY faster than normal cure & perfect for stealthy applications!

Anyone ever get mold after pulling the wet weed out & trying to dry it normally?

NiteTiger

Veteran
Don't want it 'warm' per se, just room temperature.

I wouldn't just leave it hanging in the normal way, there's a lot of moisture in there. You're going to need to hasten things along quite a bit, which is why I use cake racks and a fan. Maximum air circulation. Usually dry out in about 6-8 hours (overnight).

pescador

MajMike said:
Be careful with the water cure when exchanging the water, disturb the buds as little as possible (except the shift their positions periodically). The more agitation the more trichomes break off. The new water will 'rinse' the bud through osmosis, you don't have to do it.

I add water by letting it fill of the sides on the container (like pouring a beer), so it rises gently, and I pour it out slowly trying to keep the buds in place as I do.

Am I being anal? Probably, but I really think this way is best.

Just my $0.02.

I totally agree..especially for a loser budded sativa where I imagine the risk of resin break off to be even greater.

pescador

stoneshaper said:
hi guys!

I did an experiment with buds with bud rot that i had cleaned of the rot from. Usually i throw this away, but I t hought i should give it a try, after a bit of thought i added a good splash of hydrogen peroxide to the first soak, to kill germs and the what ever spores were left behind.

I did this and another few soaks, all in all seven, one week

the stuff i pulled out after three days had a bit more haschy flavour than he stuff i got at the end. the end result was really dark mini sugar coated buds that didnt really burn that great.

the smoke was stronger in a different way than the rest of the plant that was dried normally.

now I think that if one wants to do it for the stealth factor due to its lower smell emitting qualities, as i might do this time with some of mine to be able to dry it at my place that is a suite in a main house, I might only soak it for three days but try to flush out left over nutes allready in the location they grow with watering with water only the last little while.

peace

The hydrogen peroxide may also have turned the THC into CBN through oxidation, and therefor changed your high. I understand why you did it though :joint:

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Veteran
Click the link in my sig, or go back and read this thread, the benefits are detailed in both :yes: