What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water Cure 1, 2, 3, ala TK

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
If you're worried about trich loss, do like I said, use lukewarm water - cold will make the trichs brittle (why cold water is used in making bubble)

Also, use a cooler with a drain spout, it keeps the buds from getting agitated.

sounds like water curing has its place

so nitetiger ur tellin me when u smoke it it doesnt smell like weed at all? what does it smell like then

i think thas cool if ur going somewhere n u wanna burn one down but dont want to smell like u got that fyiah burning lol. i can puff all night long at the clubs now

NiteTiger

Veteran
I'm telling you I've walked past a cop in downtown so closely I had to move out of his way while blazing one of my stealth smokes. Lit up in bars, clubs, and even my grandmothers house.

The key is to get a good filter cigarette roller. Zig Zag has one for like $6. Now, mix in some quality tobacco (I use Dunhill from my local Tobacconist). I use about 60-70% green to 30-40% tobacco.

The main reason for the tobacco is that while the weed doesn't smell like burning weed, it does smell different. Almost like burning hay. Not a readily identifiable smell to most people, so they want to take a closer look.

Since we don't want them taking a closer look, we mix in a smell that they can identify, and it never even crosses their radar.

NiteTiger

Veteran
Oh no bro, I'm not asking you to change your convictions. I was just saying to get something that folks recognize. You can get all kinds of flavorings for tobacco that would work on this.

I've got a buddy that doesn't smoke tobacco, he put just a little vanilla extract on it. Gave it that subtle vanilla smell of a cigar.

We won't talk about his experiences before he determined that 'a little dab'll do ya' :biglaugh:

NiteTiger

Veteran
Well, just be careful. Like I said, it does smell 'different'. Not like pot, but not like a regular smoke either. Most people will look over, see the cigarette look and filter, and chalk it off.

Don't know if I'd try the walking past a cop thing with no 'distraction smell' though :biglaugh:

But really, seeing someone puff down on a joint soaked in a tablespoon of vanilla extract - priceless :D

lmfao i'll have my homeboys smokin the tobacco ones how bout that while i puffin that 100% ganja baby

cant wait to try this water cure in about 40 days or so lol

NiteTiger

Veteran
Just make sure you do it right. Check out the link in my sig if you haven't yet. If you do it wrong, you'll be wanting to kill me.

Do it right and you'll probably name your first born after me :D

As long as you're not looking to impress your guys with the looks. But hey, while they're slinking off to smoke they're 'pretty pot', you'll be sparking one up and chuckling to yourself :D

Smoke68

Yo NiteTiger, I would would think that the filter on the cig. would trap some of your beloved THC... wouldnt it? A buddy of mine and I where looking for a pipe when we ent on vacation and after no luck and no love for aluminum foil, we tossed some greens into the cig wrapper/ filter. We each smoked it and after an hour we had a faint MJ buzz. Feeling dissatisfied with the lack of "high" we rolled another, this time just twisting the filter off... fifteen minutes later we where laughing histairicly (spelling?) about how we where supposed to look at the clock in 15 minutes.

NiteTiger

Veteran
I've never had an issue with it, but then again, I use King size, not 100s. Well, now I do :D

I've used 100s before, since I smoke 100s, but it blended in too well in my pack. Nothing quite as interesting as grabbing a cigarette and suddenly realizing you just sparked ANOTHER joint :biglaugh:

But, like I said, I never had a problem either way. May be that the filters made for the machine are less packed than the tobacco companies use.

Dunno, but I always get just as blazed myself :D

Pure MoFo

I have posted this on a diffrent water cure thread, ill post again

Cons
looks like shit
you loose ALOT of weight
no taste

Pros
Cleaner
Burns better
more potent(you smoke a more condensed bud)

i would do it again, but not a whole batch.

kovenant

from my limited experience and (much more) research id have to say there seem to be two reasons id use the water cure. i need my buds cured quick and/or i want some good stealth smoke.

water cure isnt a substitute for air cured, its an alternative - you just need to weigh out your reasons

(pun intended)

magoo420

Scary process to me......Like maybe bud rot, bummer to have that set in after all the work.....but like I say if it works for you do it....

NiteTiger

Veteran
Nah, no bud rot, because you're drying them quicker when you pull them out of the water. I think I mentioned how I dry them in my link. I know a lot of folks who use an adjustable dehydrator to dry it.

Not my way, but it does work.