What's new

Wat it do? Back at it again... Go Big or Go Home

W

WaT iT Do?

Wats good my friends? I'm back at it again but with a whole new set up. I have got myself an aeroponics system that I hope will not disappoint. Here's wat ya boy is working with...

(also want to add that I have the special privilege of raiding a hydro store's shelves, this is gonna be a lot of fun trying out new things)

11K in lights

11 4x4 botanicare tables (10 for veg n gro 1 for clones/cuts)

4 rez (3 100 gal and 1 30 gallon)

CO2 burner (first time using, wish me luck)

Water chillers for every rez

can filters and fans for every 3 tables

50 amp timber box and 30 amp timer box

air vented to attic

I'm sure there's more stuff but I don't remember at this moment

NUTES I AM PLAYING WITH

house n garden basic A & B

pbp grow that I'm testing with one rez to see if it's possible to work with aeroponics

technaflora PH up n down

Hygrozyme

Dutch masters zone

growtek blossom blaster

Koolbloom

calmag

NOT ALL IN CONJUNCTION... JUST TRYIN DIFFERENT THINGS OUT AS I WILL DOCUMENT

Strains that i'm workin wit:

1) sourbubble not sure on exact lineage

2) American dream

3) White widow

these are all that I am aware of really... I kinda stepped in to help so I'm overseeing things, if i come across any more info i'll let yall kno

No pictures as of right now but I should most likely have up pictures for you tomorrow

AND HAVING THE PRIVILEGE OF STORE SHELVES... VETERAN GROWERS PLEASE MAKE SUGGESTIONS TO DIAL IN OR MAKE THINGS EASIER ON ME OR HELL.... MAYBE EVEN TEST OUT NEW SHIT YOU HAVEN'T YET

thats it for now... see u manana with pics

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Love to see it bro aero is what im gonna do next and its always nice to see some one with a little bigger grow then me -=P stay safe....

W

WaT iT Do?

I have only done 6 prior harvests before this one... and I have never tried to top or fim... man i wish i woulda got some experience under my belt with that....

has anyone ever topped or fim'd sourbubble or white widow before? I was just reading in "fimming and topping made easy" thread and some1 had stated that it works well with some strains but other strains, shoulda left the top main cola to grow big.

gonna have to wait til tomorrow for the pics... don't have the battery charger with me

Here is the link for those who are new to the topping fimming like me
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=50719

Awesome thread WaT iT Do. Good luck to you.. looks like you've got everything taken care of.. just gotta dial her in ;).

As far as topping/fimming.. how many plants do you plan on running under each light? You want to be careful you don't top/fim plants just for the new tops, when in reality your canopy would already be dense as hell. It's kind of a factor along with veg time, plant spacing, etc.

Excited to see some pics.. sure we could help you out even more with some pics.

:wave::smoweed:

BubsNugs

sounds like an awsome list of gear n some nice genetics as well. Good luck with your experimenting. In so far as the topping n FIM go u could also try just bending the main top over n tie it down the rest of the plant will really take off n u end up with several main stalks.

Again awsome soundin setup, get some cool pix n have a safe n profitable grow :)

Peace

W

WaT iT Do?

Awesome thread WaT iT Do. Good luck to you.. looks like you've got everything taken care of.. just gotta dial her in ;).

As far as topping/fimming.. how many plants do you plan on running under each light? You want to be careful you don't top/fim plants just for the new tops, when in reality your canopy would already be dense as hell. It's kind of a factor along with veg time, plant spacing, etc.

Excited to see some pics.. sure we could help you out even more with some pics.

:wave::smoweed:

Hey purple.... 7 tables are only growing 9 per and 2 are growing 16 per. I'll have pix up as soon as i get the camera workin so you'll have a better idea

W

WaT iT Do?

sounds like an awsome list of gear n some nice genetics as well. Good luck with your experimenting. In so far as the topping n FIM go u could also try just bending the main top over n tie it down the rest of the plant will really take off n u end up with several main stalks.

Again awsome soundin setup, get some cool pix n have a safe n profitable grow :)

Peace

ok i'm retarded... I was about to ask how to multiquote but like most of the time i answer my own question.... wakey wakey, bowls of bakey..

last run, before i stepped in... the top donk was not bent but busted over... like bent a few to snap and let it grow sideways (does that make sense?) and the lower branches didn't look like they blew up in size... Do you mean to bend with out snapping and tie the bitch down?

Hey purple.... 7 tables are only growing 9 per and 2 are growing 16 per. I'll have pix up as soon as i get the camera workin so you'll have a better idea

Awesome. I think I'd put a screen over them suckers and veg em out pretty good. I also think you'll do better with a screen than just topping/fimming.

With how organized you already have things, I think you'd love 'scrogging'.. keeps things organized, keeps plants steady, and really will give you some insane yields. :woohoo:

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
with the 16 per 4x4 you wont have to do shit...

witht the 9's maybe top a couple once depending on how long you gonna veg for... if you do top give it like 4-7 days to recover before you flower....

topping will give you 2-4 main branches competeing with eachother so it all depends on your room and veg times good luck man

W

WaT iT Do?

noname: there's actually a pretty ghetto scrog.... a ghetto like trellice.... I think imma have to build a better screen, you'll see when i get the pics up

purple: yea i've been thinking about scrogging, last set up was sog but i think with the space between girls, scrog will work well

poopy: the 16 tables have cuts that seem like they are sativa or they are just really behind... I had to replace sprinklers and pump filters because they were not spraying well, but now that its spraying really well they have seemed to stretch but on their way... i think i might need to top..... let me get pics up for advice

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
you should check out pirates thread and incorporate a inline filter to catch roots and shit that way your sprayers dont keep on getting clogged...

Another thing to think of with aero is finding a strain that will do well in it... i say more of a spear style sog plant is the most ideal... one of the reason i havent jumped on it and changed my whole room around....

another thing i do with my e z cloner is i use a NFT timer that one minute on and 4 off.... im not sure how well itll work in a big aero style setting but when i switch im gonna try both.... The idea behind it is it stops spraying just long enough for the roots to grow and search for more water but not long enough to dry out.... not sure of any results but like i said my ez loves it....

good luck and pictures always help be nice when you get some up see what your working with good luck bro stay safe....

W

WaT iT Do?

I'm here for this one WID glad to see you back in tha saddle

sure feels good to be back on the horse bro, this whole aero thing gonna take some time and help to get dialed in but damn its gonna b fun

you should check out pirates thread and incorporate a inline filter to catch roots and shit that way your sprayers dont keep on getting clogged...

Another thing to think of with aero is finding a strain that will do well in it... i say more of a spear style sog plant is the most ideal... one of the reason i havent jumped on it and changed my whole room around....

another thing i do with my e z cloner is i use a NFT timer that one minute on and 4 off.... im not sure how well itll work in a big aero style setting but when i switch im gonna try both.... The idea behind it is it stops spraying just long enough for the roots to grow and search for more water but not long enough to dry out.... not sure of any results but like i said my ez loves it....

good luck and pictures always help be nice when you get some up see what your working with good luck bro stay safe....
I actually have inline filters on all pumps sprayin every table... I clean em out daily, is that overkill? Yea pirates threads are off the chain. and i think ur right i won't have to top or fim the 16 site tables but we'll jus wait til i get the pics up.

W

WaT iT Do?

Here we go yall... any pictures u wanna see lemme kno, i'll shoot em later... battery died on me

3 tables of sourbubble 9 site tables
picture.php

3 tables of american dream, white widow and sourbubble
picture.php

american dream?
picture.php

sourbubble
picture.php

9 site table (sourbubble)
picture.php

16 site random shit i have no idea what they are
picture.php

girls under hps will come back to life, had a problem with the pumps but corrected, they getting plenty of water now and have progressed from wat they used to look like

everything is still gonna veg for another week or two. Gotta build me a screen for the scrog, if you look at the hps pics u can see the current trelice sittin on the table.... u think i need a tighter screen? Do you think I will need to fim or top those? I'm gonna leave the sourbubble as is, looks like it will do well with scrog

thats it for now

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Are you venting air from the first light through 2 other lights there before exhausting it?
Why aeroponics rather than a simpler hydro system? Have you run aeroponics before?

I have no interest in running an aero system myself, but like the science behind them. Though the threads that were once run here didn't seem to go anywhere, I certainly didn't see any increased yield in those threads. Please don't take that as a knock, just looking into the reasoning for your style of grow as I find it both alien and interesting.

W

WaT iT Do?

Are you venting air from the first light through 2 other lights there before exhausting it?
Why aeroponics rather than a simpler hydro system? Have you run aeroponics before?

I have no interest in running an aero system myself, but like the science behind them. Though the threads that were once run here didn't seem to go anywhere, I certainly didn't see any increased yield in those threads. Please don't take that as a knock, just looking into the reasoning for your style of grow as I find it both alien and interesting.

don't worry, not offense taken at all....

I like to try new things out and since the whole set up was provided by a sponsor, I was more than happy to oblige... Actually next run is going to be a rotary grow sponsored as well.... I know its good to get one system dialed in and knock out harvests but I'd like to be a jack of all trades always tryin new strains and set ups n nutes... crazy??? haha maybe.... but i still have my dialed in set ups goin as well... i just want to document new grows.

and yes... every table has its own 1k light, every rez has three tables, every 3 tables gets a filter and fan, and those fans blow from the first light thru to the 3rd light and vented out thru the attic.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh cool as, you're just playing, great, I'll follow the thread with interest. Thanks.

W

WaT iT Do?

tagging this one!@!

pull up a chair plenty of room... btw... much respect to ur grows, I would appreciate any feedback/advice u might have... In reality im still a newb with jus a few harvests under my belt and this one being my first aeroponic run... so feel free to drop any knowledge.

peas