What's new

Washington State - Senate Bill 5073 (aka HB1100)

sh1wn

I just wanted to add some info on the cost of having a registry, here in oregon it is the only program in the black, The fee started at $150 and has been lowered to $100 or $20 if you are on SSI/D or OHP. Oh yea and a few years back they stole 1 million from the program and put it in the general fund. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Is this voted on by the people or is it going thru the legislature? I'm not sure how things work up there.

GanjaPharma

Is this voted on by the people or is it going thru the legislature? I'm not sure how things work up there.
all through the legislature.
there was a public comment session on the 20th (its was FULL) but other that i dont know of any open to the public input.

our session only lasts 3 months here in WA so its gonna pass/fail in the next few months.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
last attempt to 'legalize' was shot down just about this time. will be watching those fools on the hill. positive vibes going our way...

The part I REALLY like is if you are a provider for a dispensary, (on occasion I do) you have to apply for a license from the dept of Ag. THEN they can come in and make sure that the marijuana is "not dangerous" or whatever. Take a close look at the bill. Basically everyone is under more control. Didnt we just vote on legalization last Nov? I cant find out anywhere when the results of whether this bill passes will be released to the public. Next Nov? guess Im a little confused on that one. Why cant they just keep it the way it is? Im disgusted with most of this bill.

xaraph

The part I REALLY like is if you are a provider for a dispensary, (on occasion I do) you have to apply for a license from the dept of Ag. THEN they can come in and make sure that the marijuana is "not dangerous" or whatever. Take a close look at the bill. Basically everyone is under more control. Didnt we just vote on legalization last Nov? I cant find out anywhere when the results of whether this bill passes will be released to the public. Next Nov? guess Im a little confused on that one. Why cant they just keep it the way it is? Im disgusted with most of this bill.

It's been referred to the health committee. Basically, this is where most mj reform bills die in Washington state. If the committee sits on the bill too long without acting--it gets x-filed and sits in limbo for the year. If they approve the bill it moves forward to be voted on. Keep in mind the companion bill also has to go through the same motions. If you want to help it move along, contact the folks on the health committee and tell them what you think:

http://www.leg.wa.gov/Senate/Committees/HEA/Pages/MembersStaff.aspx

Latest posts

Latest posts