What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

was busted last night need help and suggestions!!!!!!

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whodi already said it....

Last edited:
speak to a solicitor pal. my friend was in a situation like that before and they had to drop the charges becoz they never done things by the book and he got off scot free unfortunatly they busted him again 3weeks later and found class A. guess they had it in for him after that. watever happens good luck

You already screwed up by letting them in.

For anyone reading this, let them do as they threatened to do - Lock you up until they get a warrant. Don't talk or bargain. Chances are better that the evidence will be thrown out.

mrnikoboo

Ya live and lern bro so sorry for you, as far as you letting them in your home,,,,damn man, bad move. I read the story and the police did not have warrents, the smell on you,,the neiborhood ext. Still was not sufficent to enter your home, unless of course you didnt tell them not to.
This should be a lesson learned for other people..no warrant ..no enter. The "we will place you into custody until we get a warrant is complete bs". Those guys are giving hi fives left and right back at the station. A couple patrol noobs got a grow..makes me sick.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
DO NOT fight it yourself. Definitely get a lawyer. Public defenders may not have as much pull with the prosecutor as a $1k/hour lawyer does, but they're definitely better than trying to defend yourself in court.

My 2 cents:

"I know I shouldn't have let them In but they were going to detain me till either I did let them In or they got a search warrent so I was kinda screwed either way. "

The police can legally lie to you, and why wouldn't they? Maybe they could have detained you, and maybe they would have gotten a warrant, but if they did get a warrant, wouldn't that have ended exactly the same way as you letting them in? Why make it easy for them? The police cannot help you in court, and so kissing their ass doesn't help AT ALL.

Why did you leave your home smelling like weed?!

Also, I HOPE your state lets you plea your medicinal use in court, but in states where you cannot, it would be meaningless. Basically, to the judge, it would sound the same to say "I smoke weed because of ___ medical condition" than it would to say "I raped her because of ___ medical condition" - It's unfortunate but the legal system is objective and systematic. You can't go to court hoping people will feel sorry for you, because even if they do, it won't change the outcome of the case!

I don't mean to let you down, and I'm NO LAWYER so don't heed my advice, nor anyone els's here without speaking with a lawyer.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU! We wish you the best!

Latest posts

Latest posts