What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

was busted last night need help and suggestions!!!!!!

Get a Lawyer.

I'm sorry you are in this spot, but if you behaved the way you did with those cops, you probably will get eat up in court. I'm sure you are brought down a peg every time a poster said "why did you let them in your house." Water under the bridge, but now beg your mom, your dad, your friends, confide in them if you have to but find those funds.

My situation was different. I set my house on fire, and as my husband and I were trying to put out the attic fire, police came to my door. I did not let them in, but opened a window to talk. They told me my house was on fire and they called the fire department and had to come in. I told them thanks for calling the fire department (it was getting out of control), but they couldn't come in. We talked until they busted through the door (probable cause was that I was mentally incapable of understanding the situation and I was a danger to myself).

Well, my husband and I were in front of our house in cuffs - freezing wet from jumping in the shower with wet towels around us to try to put the fire out - in front of our closest 400 neighbors, but luckily one that happened to be a lawyer, and asked what she could do to help. My husband said "get us the best criminal lawyer you know."

He charged us $10k flat rate (there were two of us remember) and said we'll never see a judge. That happened. I spent one night in jail (the night of the arrest), and that's the last I heard of it. I got off from an illegal search and seizure (because obviously I was in my right mind not to let the police in if I were growing dope - that's what he said he won the case with).

PA is a tough state, my buddy was just set up my an undercover cop there and was sentenced to six years, three w/ probation (actually 7 days ago).

I don't know if they can stick you with other charges now, but I was charged with cultivating with the intent to distribute. I had 33 plants that I just switched to bloom. It was my first crop, I had no scales and no product. They were charging me with 700 pounds of marijuana. I had just watered and the plants were in 5 gallon buckets. They just grabbed the whole plant, bucket, soil and put it on the scale. You are very lucky they are drying it for you.

Don't just get a criminal lawyer, find the one that deals with major drug offenders, gangs, mob. I'd pay for it now. I have one misdemeaner possession charge, and it has screwed up my job potentials. If you have no priors, don't get a rap sheet now.

GL

if you defend yourself you will catch a felony man I would deffinately get a good LOCAL lawyer. Preferably someone who has it "in" with the local judges. This is your best bet man. Honestly you'll get farther if they know the DA's....just my 2 cents

I got off of a possession charge because my lawyer went to school with the DA. This might be a good thing to investigate

supermanlives

Veteran
i got taken in for not having any id . they just say you might fit a certain typr of guy their looking for .they wiat till your prints come back. fuk em. i would of told them to take me . never would of let em in my pad. i miss the trout in pa

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
I know I shouldn't have let them In but they were going to detain me till either I did let them In or they got a search warrent so I was kinda screwed either way. Like i said I contacted a lawyer from the NORML website in my area as soon as I was left go. and I hope to hear from him tomarrow. dose any1 know what the minimum and max would be in my situation as far as jail time if any if I was to just go forth with "THE SYSTEM"? Like I was sayn they have me on cultivation only so far and I was only growing to help my back problems. I didn't give them any info that they didn't need nor did I give them a hard time when they asked me to show them where everything was,and they wrote down that I co-operated in the fullest w/ no problems so I might have that going for me, but maybe not If I do not decide to play ball................

Never let them in. You weren't screwed either way. You were screwed when you let them in. They act like you are doing yourself a favor by just letting then in but it makes no difference. If they had gotten a search warrant you would have been charged the same. Seriously folks, if you are going to grow, learn the law and by no means just let someone in. Trust me, When you are charged and you will be, the fact you let them in will never come up.

whodi

Veteran
tricky bastards got you good

how can you use medical excuse and then plea to drug court/probation to get out of it? That's like saying.. "yes I'll go to drug court because i used medical marijuana."

Maybe growing for hemp or curiosity and 'not knowing MJ laws fully" would be a better excuse?

Best of luck to you.. hope all turns out well.

H

HippyJohnny

If they ask they cant... if they can they will. So asking is like saying I cant do it... will you let me?

Hope you get a livable outcome.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

That fucking sucks.
Good luck hope the best for you, hopefully this thread will be a glaring reminder for all of us how important it is to know your shit and if you don't know, educate yourself, every grower should be up to speed and I would think that most are. But I wouldn't just hop in a jumbo jet and try to take it out one day, and you have got to have the same awareness when deciding you want to grow. (At least in my state) These boards are a living library of knowledge about all facets of this life. Know the law, know your rights, know what to expect, role play out loud, it sounds crazy but hey, we should all take what we are doing in this day and age very seriously.
Good luck, I really do hope the best for you...

A

arrg

Shitty situation, next time make them go and get the paperwork, make them do their job. Like above poster said:

"Am I being detained or put under arrest? Am I free to go?"

I had a freind call me when he was pulled over, he had a bow of green and a .45 + cash. I thought his phone had called me in his pocket or something, until I started to listen in. I listened to my friend argue with the cops for 10 min about them searching his car. He stuck to his guns and pulled away unscarred.

Good luck and I feel for you! You should consider a state that allows you to medicate when this problem passes.

That is when you try to find where he is and drive past circle back and do donuts while blasting "fuck the police" on the radio.

Snype

Veteran
Cops lie all the time to get you scared. Don't you watch the games that they play on all those cop reality shows? It's best to keep your mouth closed at all times so your lawyer can work the story in your favor. The more that you say the worse that it will be for your lawyer. Take this as a lesson for your possible next case in the future. You'll be strait in PA with no scales or guns but they will make it seem like you're fucked but it's all part of their games. I caught a lot of cases in my days and one of them was a 5 year mandatory that I didn't do a day in jail because I kept my mouth shut.

bigwity

Veteran
i wouldnt judge him for snicthing. IMO any1 who doesnt grow for personal use eg cash croppers should go down cos its them who cause all the shit for me with my 4 plants and they are doing it for all the wrong reasons. now blast me if you will

the_man

Medical Will not fly in PA at all. Not one judge has allowed it

You also need to find a lawyer outside your county. Otherwise the local will just cut a deal with his DA friend and take your money.

You do not have to ID yourself unless your engaged in a privileged activity. such as driving.

I would like to point out a major mistake he made He opened the door and went outside.

He should have just talked thru the door.

NHMI

Sucks because you made a classic mistake. 1- if they don't have a warrant, don't step out of the door frame or they can legally detain you. 2- Never let them in. The correcet response would have been I will go get my id and shut the door & lock it, then go get your id and give it to them. If you aren't in a direct commission of a crime they can't require you present Id, though they can legally lie and tell you , you have to. Or tell them go get a warrant and you'll be there, then cut and flush your shit...idk how much trouble you are in, depends on the state law...

N

NicholasSmokes

How many more victims before we legalize?

How many more victims before we legalize?

Please get yourself the best lawyer you can afford. Go into debt, if you have to. According to the NORML website for this quantity in PA you are looking at up to 3 years/15K. With a good lawyer, you could get probation. (According to NORML: Mandatory minimum sentence[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] for 21to 51 plants is 3 years, $15000; Possible probation for first offense.)[/FONT]

Keep in mind that cops are legally allowed to lie to you and it is not even considered unethical by judges or anyone else in the system. It is a standard police technique. You should never have let the cops in, but that is done now. Focus on keeping your ass out of jail. On the bright side, since you rent, you will not lose your house.

By the way, in PA, there does not appear to be a distinction between sale and cultivation above 30g.

Last edited:
The cops LIED to you. They SAID they would do this and that...and it was all LIES. you fell for it, hok oine and sinker, like many do...sadly.

You should have refused to allow entry, no matter what.

Are you so willing to save the cops the hassle of getting a warrant ( assuming they even could...you are assuming that also)..that you give up your rights? Why would you want to save the pigs the trouble of getting a warrant? It might have saved you. The cops cannot get a warrant for a home just because someone OUTSIDE the home has a smell...that is not enough in itself for a warrant..the cops just convinced you...and that is what they do: lie and convince people to give up their rights.

since you allowed them in, you are fucked. Maybe this will teach you, and others, the valuable lesson many have learned the hard way:

NEVER...EVER...EVER...EVER..GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS. NEVER BELIEVE ANYTHING,,,ANYTHING..A COP SAYS. NEVER MAKE IT EASY FOR THE COPS TO BUST YOU!!! NEVER EVER EVER LISTEN TO WHAT THEY SAY, IT IS A LIE....ONLY WHAT YOUR LAWYER SAYS CAN BE BELIEVED.

make the fuckers get a warrant....chances are they could not have, and would have ended up leaving. the excuse of smelling something in the neighborhood and coming to you is not sufficient to get a warrant for your home..even if you were leaving. Get a lawyer, he will tell you to forget a medical defense and plead to a reduced charge...there is no way to get the evidence tossed because you INVITED THE cops in.

Good luck and bone up on standing strong next time..cops lie bud.

intotheunknown

Veteran
man im sorry to hear this...
did i miss something or was it explained of how someone smelled something in your neighborhood? obviously it was coming from your house, but were you not using scrubbers? even so how did they pinpoint it down to being you and decide to come to your door? good luck with it all, hope all goes well for you.

Sucks because you made a classic mistake. 1- if they don't have a warrant, don't step out of the door frame or they can legally detain you. 2- Never let them in. The correcet response would have been I will go get my id and shut the door & lock it, then go get your id and give it to them. If you aren't in a direct commission of a crime they can't require you present Id, though they can legally lie and tell you , you have to. Or tell them go get a warrant and you'll be there, then cut and flush your shit...idk how much trouble you are in, depends on the state law...

He did not open the door for them, he stepped outside to check his mail and they were outside waiting for him...so they could have detained him but I have my doubts they could have gotten a warrant.

Last edited:

jd4083

Veteran
did I read that right, 16 in veg and 22 flowering? Good luck with the "personal use" argument on that one...gimme a break

shack

chytil-I didn't read the whole thread bro,but I did see that you are in Pa.If you live anywhere close to State Collage,call Phillip Masorti of Masorti and Sullivan. Hes a real fighter.
Lets just say,I personally know a guy,who got busted last April with over 150 plants(40 in flower and the rest were vegging)at least 10 guns,5 of them loaded,scales,1 lb + of cured product.
He just accepted a plea deal of 9 months in the county jail,with work release.
Although he is also getting a felony.
If you have any questions.,please feel free to pm me.

gonzo`

So wait, he should have talked to them through the door? Can you do that? Won't they say come outside?

Latest posts

Latest posts