What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Warning new off gassing product!!!!

bongo

Snoopy: yeah you are right, I didn't really give it enough time to check the white stuff but after all the troubles the black has given me, I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt. I should have made that more clear. I don't know if the white is bad for sure but I don't trust ANY of the ngw tube anymore. Happy growing and thanks again to everyone involved in figuring this mess out!

Last edited:

U.G.U

RECOVERY METHODS

Just so everyone knows how to make recovery as fast as possible. 1st remove every last bit of tube 2nd reduce light it is phytotoxic so light reacts and causes the burn. Either move the plants out from direct light or put a piece of window screen over the lens of the hood to cut the light output. 3rd is foliar feed I did a 300ppm of my base nutes a couple times a week. 4th cut added co2 and just use air your plants cannot benifit from co2 when they are in this condition. 5th if you have a carbon filter turn it on the carbon traps any molecules floating around. 6th wouldn't be a bad idea to do a res change it is a low molecular wieght phthalate so it is soluble in water according to some research I found last night.

U.G.U

ImaginaryFriend
I’m just glad I can help.

By the way got a call today from an international magazine(cant say who yet) but they are doing a feature story on this. Talked to the senior writer today for about an hour. Really exciting

S

snoopytime

ImaginaryFriend
I’m just glad I can help.

By the way got a call today from an international magazine(cant say who yet) but they are doing a feature story on this. Talked to the senior writer today for about an hour. Really exciting

FUKK YEAHHHHHHH! that is amaaaaaaaaaaazing! By the way where do we sign up for the class action? (lol i know its probably too early but I got all my NGW.CRAP hose in a big hefty garbage bag tied up and stored OUTSIDE)

S

snoopytime

RECOVERY METHODS

Just so everyone knows how to make recovery as fast as possible. 1st remove every last bit of tube 2nd reduce light it is phytotoxic so light reacts and causes the burn. Either move the plants out from direct light or put a piece of window screen over the lens of the hood to cut the light output. 3rd is foliar feed I did a 300ppm of my base nutes a couple times a week. 4th cut added co2 and just use air your plants cannot benifit from co2 when they are in this condition. 5th if you have a carbon filter turn it on the carbon traps any molecules floating around. 6th wouldn't be a bad idea to do a res change it is a low molecular wieght phthalate so it is soluble in water according to some research I found last night.

Yet another valuable set of information - thanks again!

I already did the remove tube, I did the foliar feed today, I use 'H&G Magic Green', I always wondered why it didnt work before lolol.

I'm gona cut my CO2 tonight and raise my light way up, I already had it on the 600 setting with a 1000 in there.

Lastly, I set up an experimental ozone system last night. I had a 4" Big Blue tube that I wasnt using since I never grew enough to make a smell :( and now with a sealed CO2 room it doesnt matter anyway. So I had a DRT-1 Sentinel digital recycling timer that I wasnt using either. So I too a nice piece of hardwood, hole-sawed out a 4" hole and put a bulkhead in it. Then I got a 120mm 12V fan from radio shack. So coming off the bulkhead is like a foot of dryer hose that goes to the intake side of the big blue. then after the big blue I put another 2 feet of dryer hose and curved it a bit so the UV light doesnt come out to the room.

The fan and the big blue are on the DRT, for starters I set it to come on for 1 minute every 30 mins. so twice an hour, it puffs ozone into the room for a minute. I havent seen any leaf damage yet and the room just smells mountainy fresh - not like bleach. Some adjustment will probably be necessary, but I am saying in a long way that I think i got a air cleaning solution going.

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
U.G.U,

Hope that contact spreads the word.

If something came back to you at the end of it, I'd say you deserve it.

G'damn hero.

You described your losses in the six figures...

I lost everything (not worth six figures though).

And I didn't know why.

You did the work to answer those questions.

I already made changes in my little world, but this info means everything to me.

Best wishes...

Thanks for all the hard work.

EDIT: Yo snoop, nice tag in your sig.

DOUBLE EDIT: Lurking over at the farm today... they have a link here but not getting much of a following... Hope for everyone's sake that this major publication gets the word out beyond each of our own little spheres. I know way more than one grower that I don't talk too... who the hell is telling them?

1tony

Toxic tubbing

Toxic tubbing

Does anyone know if Generalhydroponics used this tubbing on the rainforest66. there is about a foot of blue tubbing but it says generalhydroponics.com on it. suffered a what looked to be a white powder mold problem on my last batch of plants.

S

snoopytime

I dont think thats the stuff 1tony, the symptom is the leaves fade to light green then yellow then fall off

U.G.U

amstercal
hydrofarm,general hydroponics, or the stuff I linked in the begining of the thread available at greentrees hydroponics is all safe.

bilbobonger

Jeez, look familiar? Two years of this shit. Thanks U.G.U:tiphat: Never considered the damn tubing.

My room's riddled with Dap caulking. Is it really necessary to cover it all up with a glue gun? This will take me for-fuqin-ever.

Attachments

• DSCF5078.jpg
    DSCF5078.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 20

bilbobonger

So just to make sure I have this right, it's only the flexible plastic that we need to be concerned about right? Not hard plastics, such as pumps, ebb n flow fittings, planters and what not? Thanks.

~BB

U.G.U

bilbobonger
Sorry to hear you got hit with the NGW Black Plague. I believe snoopytime was the one talking about the caulking and he looked it up and it was a different phthalate. I would read back and find the post. The only thing you need to be worried about is the NGW tube. swap it out for hydrofarm or general hydroponics.