What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

War

GenghisKush

Is this (now needlessly destroyed) resort supposed to be indicative of the average conditions in Gaza? If so, the post is both dishonest and disingenuous.

Do you believe this resort was accessible to, and primarily used by average Palestinians, whose movement is restricted by the illegal occupying IDF?

Pointing to extremely isolated instances, such as the pic and commentary re. the resort, and the editorial reaching and supposition re. the physical health of one activist describing the contents of an MRE, do far more to illuminate your biases than to establish any sort of credible proof of your apparent point attempting to be made.
Hey moose. I did not suggest that the resort was indicative of average conditions in Gaza. I do suggest that the resort exists (or, it existed). That mere fact (and many like it) demonstrates wealth and luxury existed in Gaza before October 7, and renders impotent arguments from those who would speak for Hamas and justify their sneak attack, who characterize Gaza as a concentration camp. At no concentration camp can one book a hot stone massage. There is no concentration camp where one can get a cucumber facial with a seaweed wrap.

(y)

moose eater

Hey moose. I did not suggest that the resort was indicative of average conditions in Gaza. I do suggest that the resort exists (or, it existed). That mere fact (and many like it) demonstrates wealth and luxury existed in Gaza before October 7, and renders impotent arguments from those who would speak for Hamas and justify their sneak attack, who characterize Gaza as a concentration camp. At no concentration camp can one book a hot stone massage. There is no concentration camp where one can get a cucumber facial with a seaweed wrap.

(y)
All of which ignored the fact that in Gaza, movement by Palestinians is controlled by permits and color-coded IDs, that most Palestinians don't have the wealth to afford a cucumber facial, and that they are often killed by IDF and 'settlers' without much consequence at all.

A count of one doesn't make much of a presence of fact or standing. Beverly Hills it ain't.

I have a neighbor about 2 miles from me whose editorial opinion I posted months ago in this thread. Rob Mulford. He's been to Palestine/Gaza, stayed with a family there, and can attest to it not being just another community in which one exists in pursuit of their dreams. Far from it.

Another neighbor, immediately down the hill from me, did high-tech aircraft wiring around the world for a well-known corporation which is also a major player in DoD contracting. He shared a story about a movie producer who was doing a film about life in Gaza, while staying with his crew on the Israeli side of the fence. A commanding officer at the crossing they used each day took a dislike to the film-maker's mission (not flattering to the Israeli Nationalist Zionists), and one day at the crossing, shot the producer in the head, dead; no consequences.

Pointing to ONE resort, likely owned by wealthy investors and catering to those with money, does nothing to negate the real conditions for most living in Gaza, and well before October 7. The post you made of the resort came from a person who clearly wished to minimize the conditions there, as did your commentary re. the activist opening the MRE. And you ran with it. Shame.

GenghisKush

All of which ignored the fact that in Gaza, movement by Palestinians is controlled by permits and color-coded IDs, that most Palestinians don't have the wealth to afford a cucumber facial, and that they are often killed by IDF and 'settlers' without much consequence at all.

A count of one doesn't make much of a presence of fact or standing. Beverly Hills it ain't.

I have a neighbor about 2 miles from me whose editorial opinion I posted months ago in this thread. Rob Mulford. He's been to Palestine/Gaza, stayed with a family there, and can attest to it not being just another community in which one exists in pursuit of their dreams. Far from it.

Another neighbor, immediately down the hill from me, did high-tech aircraft wiring around the world for a well-known corporation which is also a major player in DoD contracting. He shared a story about a movie producer who was doing a film about life in Gaza, while staying with his crew on the Israeli side of the fence. A commanding officer at the crossing they used each day took a dislike to the film-maker's mission (not flattering to the Israeli Nationalist Zionists), and one day at the crossing, shot the producer in the head, dead; no consequences.

Pointing to ONE resort, likely owned by wealthy investors and catering to those with money, does nothing to negate the real conditions for most living in Gaza, and well before October 7. The post you made of the resort came from a person who clearly wished to minimize the conditions there, as did your commentary re. the activist opening the MRE. And you ran with it. Shame.
Silly me. I did not take into account a story your ex-DOD contractor neighbor once told you.
Moose, surely you're familiar with syllogism. There's a proposition: No concentration camps offer cucumber facials. There's an observation: Before October 7, this one resort did cucumber facials for people in Gaza. There's a conclusion: Gaza is not a concentration camp. Categorical statements can be invalidated by a single contrary observation.

edit: The resort post was created contemporaneously with the opening of the resort in 2021. The MRE post was shared by Quds News, a Palestinian news source located in Gaza.

Last edited:

moose eater

Silly me. I did not take into account a story your ex-DOD contractor neighbor once told you.
Moose, surely you're familiar with syllogism. There's a proposition: No concentration camps offer cucumber facials. There's an observation: Before October 7, this one resort did cucumber facials for people in Gaza. There's a conclusion: Gaza is not a concentration camp. Categorical statements can be invalidated by a single contrary observation.

edit: The resort post was created contemporaneously with the opening of the resort in 2021. The MRE post was shared by Quds News, a Palestinian news source located in Gaza.
The minimization continues.

I have 2 neighbors within 2 miles, one of them much closer, who have witnessed the cruelty and inhumanity of Israel's presence in their illegal occupation of Gaza.

They are only a minor fraction of many others who can attest to the same. You have a computer, I assure you that such valid accounts can be found, rather than looking for reasons to critique the body shape or healthfulness of an activist opening MRE's.

You minimized Rachel Corie's experience there in posts you made months ago as well. Skepticism re. her being killed by an IDF bulldozer, while sitting in front of a Palestinian home, trying to prevent it from being dozed. Despite her diary and other resources contradicting your criticisms. Criticisms launched without having a clue.

The source of the MRE video was not what carried your cynical review of it, by the way. Your words did. And maybe you're unaware that many persons enduring poor dietary health appear obese or chunky; carbs are often the primary diet for such folks.

The permission to travel from zone to zone, to be made to carry color-coded IDs, etc.?? That doesn't seem to strike you as atypical and maybe prison-like? People being restricted from movement by an occupying force in their own fucking country?! Often being killed or raped without consequence? Their deaths being celebrated and chanting in approval of the deaths at funerals, even involving infants? Seems pretty sociopathic and prison-like to those familiar with prisons.

You deny being an Israeli apologist, but many of your posts seem to be just that.

Stating that it is ONE story by one neighbor (it's 2 neighbors with numerous experiences, by the way) perpetuates the presence of your underlying bias which you apparently ignore or have no idea of possessing.

Maybe spend some time in Gaza and let us know how close to your minimization stances the experience goes. even without the current IDF airstrikes, tank shells, etc.

Also, in -any- prison, there are those who have extra comforts. But again, who were the patrons and owners of the resort?

GenghisKush

I have taken dead aim at the proposition, repeated here often, that life in Gaza was so wretched, so akin to conditions of a concentration camp or a prison, that the Hamas October 7 sneak attack was not only justified, it was necessary.

That's all I have done.

Your several accusations above are simply meritless. Anyone who wishes can read my words in previous posts and see your desperate attempts to paint me as you've imagined are false.

I cannot help but wonder what Hamas thought of the resort. Do you think Sinwar ever vacationed there?

moose eater

No, you straddle the line when asked pointedly, coming down on the side of dignity for Palestine while presenting doubt that the horror stories are real, but your skepticism tells a much different story.

Again, I refer back to the postings I made months ago re. Rachel Corie and your challenges that she was simply riding on ego, which was far from the reality.

I view your statement above as either dishonest and manipulative, or, as many humans in western culture present, obtuse and void of recognition of your own biases and shadow archetypes, with significant challenges re. accepting the situation in Gaza as it is, and as it has been for a long time.

"Know thyself".

Last edited:

GenghisKush

No, you straddle the line when asked pointedly, coming down on the side of dignity for Palestine while presenting doubt that the horror stories are real, but your skepticism tells a much different story.
Moose with all due respect, I merely doubt that the personal anecdotes that you have shared here are real.
Again, I refer back to the postings I made months ago re. Rachel Corie and your challenges that she was simply riding on ego, which was far from the reality.
No moose. I said that I had a hard time feeling sympathy for her choices, which must've caused enormous pain to her family. And I speculated that Hamas would take her death, and use her it for their nationalist project, which they did.

shiva82

I have taken dead aim at the proposition, repeated here often, that life in Gaza was so wretched, so akin to conditions of a concentration camp or a prison, that the Hamas October 7 sneak attack was not only justified, it was necessary.

That's all I have done.

Your several accusations above are simply meritless. Anyone who wishes can read my words in previous posts and see your desperate attempts to paint me as you've imagined are false.

I cannot help but wonder what Hamas thought of the resort. Do you think Sinwar ever vacationed there?
and you still lie the three towers were took down by islamic jihadis in tin planes,,,, come on dude. i'm sure you realise nobody buys the lies anymore . hamas are controlled by israel , who are owned by the central banking system , who in turn operate isis , the ira, hamas etc etc through either the cia , mossad , british agencies and the rest of the tyrants . globalists do not have borders.

gtfo with this sneak attack propaganda nonsense

So Hai

LMAO :ROFLMAO:

Jews celebrate genociding goyim in their holiday of Purim, which supposedly is the their most joyous day of the year. Incidentally this years celebration coincided with the Krokus terrorist attack.

shiva82

this is just wrong .... the anti fa supporter , promoting fascism . violence against freedom of thought and speech is playing into the hands of your masters ... socially engineered to enslave yourself

nothing is funny about this . weasel

audiohi

Veteran
this is just wrong .... the anti fa supporter , promoting fascism . violence against freedom of thought and speech is playing into the hands of your masters ... socially engineered to enslave yourself

oh no!

the boomer faced some consequences for his actions

:cry:

So Hai

American Jews are actually being trained since childhood to interact with non-Jews in a deceitful and arrogant manner, in coordination with each other, to emotionally destroy non-Jews and Israel critics in addition to wrecking their careers and interfering with their social relationships. This is actually deliberate, wicked, planned behavior motivated by a narcissistic self-righteous fury. ...

They cope with the contradictions between their belief that they are the good guys and what Jews are actually doing to their neighbors, both in the Middle East and in the US, by developing mental health issues. Most Zionists are functional schizophrenics.

- Karin Friedemann

Cannavore

Veteran
that life in Gaza was so wretched, so akin to conditions of a concentration camp or a prison, that the Hamas October 7 sneak attack was not only justified, it was necessary.
they've lived under total blockade and sanction since 2006, or whenever the election that hamas won was, preceded by an ethnic cleansing campaign in 1948 and occupation under foreign military ever since. they have the highest unemployment rate in the world, even higher among the youth. israel controls the entry and exitways, the airways and waterways. palestinians are unable to leave. sounds like some kind of psycho prison land to me.

nobody said oct 7 was justified or necessary, it's just the logical result of holding a people hostage for multiple generations. i blame the occupiers and not the people that have been driven to violence by the occupiers. they're going to lash out any way they can, including 'terrorism' which is a war crime yet historically has been shown to be effective in bringing about change.

High ranking Israeli's in the Israeli government have referred to Gaza being the world's largest concentration camp and open air prison, as well as conservative leaders like David Cameron, fwiw.

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran

image_2024-03-30_102245766.png

Cannavore

Veteran
the u.n will be busting you over the head with the butt of their gun cannavore . all those illegal migrants will be the u.n soldiers

the u.n are terrorists . just to let you know
posting a video of a lady who works for the UN who is objectively correct in the matters in which she is discussing does not equal an endorsement of the UN lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts