What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WallyDuck vs VerdantGreen

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
good luck this year in your adventures dots ,
particularly in the garden,
hope its a rewarding one for you mate ...

good luck this year in your adventures dots ,
particularly in the garden,
hope its a rewarding one for you mate ...
Thanks man. It brightened my day to see your post. I'll be in touch soon..

Laos#2
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Thought i check in and see how everything is going...:)
​​
Gday CR.. thanks for checkin in.. can me and Wally have a go on that bike of yours. Hope you're well happy new year

Now for the bad news: I did this
​​
Instead of this

The clones on the bottom didn't get enough light and yellowed off some rotted, so there has been casualties including NH#1! Ill report back with what lives on..

Some of the Wallyducks clone donor seedplants were put into 11/14 for sexing about a week ago.. One of them was the NH#1 so I took a snip to replace what was lost.. we'll see

C5Mango "Thin" still growing in the tiny cup @11/14.. the clone top i took rooted too..
20220106_203245.jpg

Tossing this other C5Mango "Thin" (the runt). I ended up potting it up and throwing it into veg and it didn't take. Either its still the runt or im a bad grower or a combo of both but at any rate I hope its not a sign of things to come. What is a good EC is btw? I may need a separate rez
20220106_202344.jpg

​​​​​​
Contra D developments.. I picked out 3 males earlier in veg and the rest were flipped @ 42 days from sprout on Xmas day at around 30cm.. ended up with 3 girls..
65cm now @12d 11/14 and 750ppfd
CD#4 CD#8 CD#7
20220106_204625.jpg

CD#7 earlier on this was noted as 'Viney'
20220106_205214.jpg

CD#8 least healthy going into flower, seems to be hanging fine now
Colin Gordon Crim HIst page 013

CD#4 unfortunately another clone mishap victim i believe
20220106_205154.jpg

Yet another clone mishap casualty was ContraD#2 the male i chose to to make more seeds.. I liked because it wasn't too vigorous from the beginning but grew into a healthy plant not the biggest either, heaps of tight nodes, and stem rub was lemon mixed with something peculiar..
#2 on the right #10 on the left (the largest when they were labeled small to large

Another 2 males before they were axed:
CD#9 on the left CD#1 on the right (the runt

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool stuff.. very hard to get 100% success on clones rooting from seed plants. i got 6 out of 9 with my latest bunch..

Those three girls look great. possibly 2 of them similar to the 'big' phenos i found and maybe no7 is the same as the pheno Sub24ox7 found in his.... time will tell.

🍿
VG

It's still good work and good documentation:flowers2:

Thanks mate. As they say.. such is life

Cool stuff.. very hard to get 100% success on clones rooting from seed plants. i got 6 out of 9 with my latest bunch..

Those three girls look great. possibly 2 of them similar to the 'big' phenos i found and maybe no7 is the same as the pheno Sub24ox7 found in his.... time will tell.

🍿
VG

I got good roots actually, like 100%..
except for the bottom clone box because it didn't get enough light, they were yellow and light starved

...CR500AF...

Ya man you get yourself and the big man over here i will find more than one and we all will go to the mountains for a day...:)

WallyDuck rooted clones..
Mango fat #1+2
Mango thin (confirmed female
NH#2
Laos #1+2
C5mango#1
20220110_083927.jpg

The Mango thin seedplant that was off to the side of flower and it showed pistils.. was going to toss it but the stem smelt so juicy and funky tp'd into a small pot and back into flo.. it did get interrupted and spent last night in the kitchen but..
20220110_181921.jpg

Now its VerdantGreen vs TonyGreen!

Im kidding but Gorilla Bubble has ended up running with Contra D to make up for the CD males.. the GB joined them on new years eve amd are a week behind
Back left CD#7
Back right CD#4
Middle left CD#8
Middle right GB#1
Bottom left GB#5
Bottom right GB#2
20220110_155041.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great! and those Contra D's are in good company with the Gorilla Bubble !

VG

Hey dot's nice, they are looking like money glad to see you up and running...:)

Hey man here they are.. week old clones.. what to do next:thinking:
​top them i guess ..

Confirmed females Fatmango#2 Laos#1 Nevil#1.. these plants were pruned down to nothing and squeezed into flower mostly under the canopy for sexing.. not bad..

Fatmango

Laos

Nevil, stem rub is sinister

looking great! and those Contra D's are in good company with the Gorilla Bubble !

VG

Yo VG.. I like the structure and vigor from these so far

Contra D group #4 #7 #8 @20days

CD#8

CD#7
20220114_175925.jpg

CD#4 I took a couple flowering branches off this and plugged them so its not lost yet...
20220114_175656.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look good mate (#8 pic not showing for me) beautiful big leaves. Yeah they have good vigor but not too stretchy and reasonable internode distance.
SO you got cuts of 8 and 7 but not 4 ? - Glad you've tried the reveg cuttings - ive had good luck with little flowering branches off the bottom of the plant recently... they can sometimes root very quickly. Looking forward to seeing the plants swell in the next few weeks ! 🍿
VG

So many pics from my previous post missing, which sucks because if the time and effort to post pics just for them to dissappear is :bashhead:

So sexing the wallyduck seed plants has turned into impromptu flowering..

Laos#1 flowering @50cm tall

Nevil with sunglasses for scale

Mango fat

Mango thin (overwatered since potting up oops

They look good mate (#8 pic not showing for me) beautiful big leaves. Yeah they have good vigor but not too stretchy and reasonable internode distance.
SO you got cuts of 8 and 7 but not 4 ? - Glad you've tried the reveg cuttings - ive had good luck with little flowering branches off the bottom of the plant recently... they can sometimes root very quickly. Looking forward to seeing the plants swell in the next few weeks ! 🍿
VG

Yo VG yes I have a couple snips of #4 in the cloner again, I agree mate usually no problem, the nevils#1 that was in flower i took a snip of already has roots
The CD#7 clones went funky .. :yoinks:
20220118_171307.jpg
20220118_171457.jpg
20220118_171337.jpg

Hey my friend they look good,nice and beefy lol off to the races by the looks very cool...:)
I noticed a smattering of frost today.
CD#4 & #7 are fairly similar. Slight tip burn on #7. Four colas on the left are #4 & four on the right are #7.
Just raised them up 20cm now there're sitting @35dli. Thinking about doing a little de-fol but we'll see
20220118_165645.jpg

They both have thick puffy white pistils
20220118_165928.jpg

And CD#8 is coming like this
20220118_165842.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good! - hmm the clones though.... it may be some of the odd traits that i mentioned at the start of the thread, or it may be something entirely unrelated, i guess time will tell. I am starting t wonder if it is a recessive type gene that effects the way that roots interact with soil and take up nutrients - certainly the original Chem D 'leaf streak' is influenced by the available nutrients so this could be something similar in the plants effected. I wonder if running hydro/coco rather than organic might have helped with your grow.... theory needs more work !
hope you doing well mate,
VG :tiphat:

Sub24ox7

21260492-98B6-4300-B77B-2D2D7AE055CB.jpeg
6D6FBE33-6889-418C-B5DC-6F0D84397827.jpeg
BCB2FA14-128A-489B-AF04-84D922BB2476.jpeg
8CF0F667-3E2D-432F-8F4C-3ADDDF60836C.jpeg
Looking great dots!
I have 1 contra-d in flower that has taken awhile to finish. It has the chem d yellow streak. One bud seems to be doing the same too.

looking good! - hmm the clones though.... it may be some of the odd traits that i mentioned at the start of the thread, or it may be something entirely unrelated, i guess time will tell. I am starting t wonder if it is a recessive type gene that effects the way that roots interact with soil and take up nutrients - certainly the original Chem D 'leaf streak' is influenced by the available nutrients so this could be something similar in the plants effected. I wonder if running hydro/coco rather than organic might have helped with your grow.... theory needs more work !
hope you doing well mate,
VG :tiphat:

Yo VG I topped off the funk they look normal again..
20220121_113428.jpg

Looking great dots!
I have 1 contra-d in flower that has taken awhile to finish. It has the chem d yellow streak. One bud seems to be doing the same too.

Yo subby I know that pheno!

The last C4ddf2 just started 2 week flush. I believe that will take her to 11 weeks.
I should take some close up shots, she is frosty and solid and swol, very attractive plant.

Sub24ox7

Amazing 🤩 nice yield and frost! I have some of those f2s look forward to growing them. Yes I see the similarities and this one is going to taking that long I probably shouldn’t have quit feeding a week ago probably could have maybe a week longer. I believe it’s been 80 days for the contra-d pic above and I will let it go another week so probably 87 days but that’s not from cutting but from going to 11/13 and seed plant.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good eyes dots ! - yes, no reason why there wouldn't be 'overlap' between phenos of Contra D and C4DD... after all the two crosses i made to the straight Chem D and Chem 4 clones were meant to represent the two genetic 'extremes' of variation of the C4DD... so some phenos of the F2s are likely to be very similar to the Contra in particular, and maybe less likely in the C4DD4 - with the Chem 4 having only been used once before in the original C4D outcross.

VG

Edit. Pics keep disappearing:drum:

Attachments

• 20220128_001501.jpg
    20220128_001501.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20220128_002835.jpg
    20220128_002835.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts